Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Certain Links on Main Site Not Working Properly

mbruno · 6 · 3008

Offline mbruno

On the main site when I click on the links, under Stooge Teams, for Ted Healy and Larry Fine (Solo), Moe Howard and Curly Howard (Solo), Shemp Howard and Joe Besser (Solo), and Ted Healy and Curly Howard (Solo), I get a page that says "An Error Was Encountered The URI you submitted has disallowed characters."

Also, when I click on the link for Larry Fine (Solo) the page that comes up only lists Stage Mother from 1933, even though the link has 1973-1974 for the years and a 5 in the TV column.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
On the main site when I click on the links, under Stooge Teams, for Ted Healy and Larry Fine (Solo), Moe Howard and Curly Howard (Solo), Shemp Howard and Joe Besser (Solo), and Ted Healy and Curly Howard (Solo), I get a page that says "An Error Was Encountered The URI you submitted has disallowed characters."

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  That issue seems to be fixed now.

Also, when I click on the link for Larry Fine (Solo) the page that comes up only lists Stage Mother from 1933, even though the link has 1973-1974 for the years and a 5 in the TV column.

The TV appearances section was added as an after-thought, and we haven't considered them part of the "official" filmography.  I'll have to look into modifying the code at some point to pull in a list of the TV appearances into the filmography listings, just to be more consistent.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
... the link has 1973-1974 for the years and a 5 in the TV column.

TV Guest Appearances is a separate filmography.

Only starring TV projects are in the main filmography, i.e. JERKS OF ALL TRADES (1949), THE NEW 3 STOOGES (1965), THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK (1960), KOOK'S TOUR (1970), etc..  All other TV is in the above "sub"-filmography.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The forums appear to be working fine, but when I click the link for the homepage I get this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've tried it on IE & Chrome & get the same message...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
The forums appear to be working fine, but when I click the link for the homepage I get this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've tried it on IE & Chrome & get the same message...

Apparently there is a scripting problem again, like we had almost two years ago, so the hosting company has temporarily suspended the index page that runs the main part of the site.  I'm still trying to figure out just what the problem is right now.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Apparently there is a scripting problem again, like we had almost two years ago, so the hosting company has temporarily suspended the index page that runs the main part of the site.  I'm still trying to figure out just what the problem is right now.

I got off the phone with tech support a little while ago.  We were able to figure out what the problem was - turned out to be a small "fix" I made around 6 PM last night to repair some broken links on the home page after mbruno alerted me (above.)  Apparently my little fix caused issues on the server.  I've reverted the change I had made last night and approached the original problem in a different way, which has apparently eliminated the problem on the server and still allows those links to work.

Who would have thought allowing a comma in the URL could cause so much trouble?  lol  Oh well, lesson learned.   ::)