Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Full Albums On Youtube

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I have been listening to a bunch of full albums on YouTube recently while working on my novel (which is my excuse for the lack of new MTS, vomit), and to show that I am not a complete curmudgeon when it comes to music I thought I would start a thread where folks can post some of their favorite albums to share. I'll start with my favorite album of all time, John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
LOL!  I've been doing the same thing recently!  Here's one of my favorites, In Search of the Lost Chord by The Moody Blues.

[youtube=560,315]O8Ja4u8_RGQ[/youtube]

Offline metaldams

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=k4-pzQyarzw

I've been listening to W.A.S.P. a lot lately.  Here's one of my favorite concept albums ever, 1992's THE CRIMSON IDOL.  Imagine Pete Townsend being a metal songwriter, and this is what you'd get.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Slayer - Hell Awaits (1985). Pure fucking evil, and I have the most highly rated comment on this one to boot.  All the extreme metal bands out today wish they can create atmosphere like this.

Jethro Tull - Minstrel in the Gallery (1975) My favorite Tull album, some absolutely beautiful moments to contrast the Slayer.

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8BABB823F18AB81

Queen - Queen II (1974). This one you get in playlist form, but proof not all the best Queen songs get played on the radio.

The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society (1968) You can only play this on PC and not mobile devices, but the greatest album ever written by a 24 year old bout nostalgia and a long lost past.  Ray Davies is my favorite lyricist ever.  This starts with the 15 track mono version and adds on he 12 track stereo as a bonus.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:04:07 AM by shemps#1 »
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I have been listening to a bunch of full albums on YouTube recently while working on my novel (which is my excuse for the lack of new MTS, vomit), and to show that I am not a complete curmudgeon when it comes to music I thought I would start a thread where folks can post some of their favorite albums to share. I'll start with my favorite album of all time, John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band.

Great album Jim, and definitely Lennon's best studio album.  That said, John Lennon is the only artist who my favorite release is a 4 CD box set of out takes.  I think this captures John's essence better than any studio album, and a lot of these are definitive versions, (even "God" I like the outtake version of better).

http://www.amazon.com/Anthology-John-Lennon/dp/B00000DG1Q/ref=sr_1_28?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1366812497&sr=1-28&keywords=John+Lennon

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A few of my favorites:

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

A few of my favorites:

Gotta be honest, HOUSES OF THE HOLY, while a good album, may be my least favorite Zeppelin album.  I can't stand "D'yer M'ker" and even "The Song Remains the Same," which has merit, does overstay it's welcome whenPlant gets too whiny at the end.  Still the other six tracks range from good to excellent, especially, "The Ocean" and "The Rain Song."  Obviously, in my first sentence I was not counting CODA, which doesn't count as a true album.

My favorite Zep album is PHYSICAL GRAFITTI.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Gotta be honest, HOUSES OF THE HOLY, while a good album, may be my least favorite Zeppelin album.  I can't stand "D'yer M'ker" and even "The Song Remains the Same," which has merit, does overstay it's welcome whenPlant gets too whiny at the end.  Still the other six tracks range from good to excellent, especially, "The Ocean" and "The Rain Song."  Obviously, in my first sentence I was not counting CODA, which doesn't count as a true album.

My favorite Zep album is PHYSICAL GRAFITTI.

I always liked the numbered albums best.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

This came out when I was in the Army in Germany. I figure I listened to this album more than any other album. It sounded even better wasted on some good hash. (which sold for about $5.00 a gram )

"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
This came out when I was in the Army in Germany. I figure I listened this album more than any other album. It sounded even better wasted on some good hash. (which sold for about $5.00 a gram )

If that isn't my most listened to album, it's got to be in the top three.   [thumbsup]

I was in Frankfort, Germany for about three weeks, in late September to early October, 1973.  It was pretty cool - once I got there the Army took a while to decide if they really wanted me over there (I had a poor reputation, apparently.  Go figure.)  They finally decided to send me back to Fort Dix, NJ, but while I was there I didn't have any assigned duties and was very good at avoiding stupid makeshift details.  I took the opportunity to explore Frankfort as much as I could, and learned a lot - like German beer is much more potent than the American stuff I was used to, and that you can find someone to do damned near anything your warped imagination can think of in a German brothel.

18 and loose in the streets of Frankfort.  Good times!   >:D

Offline JazzBill

like German beer is much more potent than the American stuff I was used to

You got that right, I was 18 when I went over in 1971. I thought I was a hot shot from the south side of Chicago. I  had been drinking a couple of years already. Well, after about 4 bottles of that German beer I was on all 4's praying to the Porcelain Gods. I stayed in Germany till 1974 so I had plenty of time to master the art of drinking German beer. Nothing here in the States compares to it. [cheers]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

This came out when I was in the Army in Germany. I figure I listened to this album more than any other album. It sounded even better wasted on some good hash. (which sold for about $5.00 a gram )

Oh Christ, now we're getting obscure.

I've always been a casual Floyd fan, but I do enjoy this album.  The Wizard of Oz thing does work, by the way, I actually tried it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Jim, thanks for posting the actual vids.  I'm still getting used to this iPad, and the cover of Hell Awaits looks so nice on this page.  I should hang it over the fireplace.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Proably my favorite album of all time is Metallica's Master of Puppets.  Got to play "Orion" at my high school talent show, and I was popular for 15 minutes.

Speaking of high school, this came out just after I graduated in 1997.  Being a metal fan in th 1990 's sucked, but then this cme out.  It's the first album I bought as a new release that I feel stands with classics from years before, Bruce Dickinson's Accident of Birth.  Starts out heavy, but then the mood kicks in tracks 4 - 8 and after a few more metal tunes, closes with a couple of beautiful softer tunes.  This is how you sequence an album.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Perhaps the greatest live album of all time, Johnny Cash's "At Folsom Prison"

Offline metaldams

Perhaps the greatest live album of all time, Johnny Cash's "At Folsom Prison"

I do love this album.  A lot of darkness and humor and great sound for a live album from 1968.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I challenge you all to do as I did and smoke some good herb while listening to this vinyl rip of the legendary Beatles album Abbey Road and enjoy; you almost feel like you've been taken back to 1970...until you realize you are listening via YouTube.