Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Anybody bought the revised/updated THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK yet?

Offline QuinceHead

Hey fellow knuckleheads!

I was wondering if anyone has bit the bullet and bought the "revised/updated" edition of The Three Stooges Handbook yet?

If so, what are your thoughts on it, and what has been revised/updated?  (If nothing else, I'd expect Joe DeRita's passing to be acknowledged.)

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline falsealarms

Hey fellow knuckleheads!

I was wondering if anyone has bit the bullet and bought the "revised/updated" edition of The Three Stooges Handbook yet?

If so, what are your thoughts on it, and what has been revised/updated?  (If nothing else, I'd expect Joe DeRita's passing to be acknowledged.)

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead

I haven't yet, but BeAStooge posted this several weeks ago elsewhere on here:

"Without going into details, the additional 80+ pages are combinations of...
 -  A slightly expanded typesetting in the general text, making it much easier to read than earlier editions, and a larger print font for the Filmography section
 -  Additional images
 -  Fills in and reports on relevant events of the past 30 years
 -  MOST IMPORTANTLY, it incorporates information and corrections, historical and filmography-related, that have come to light over the past 30 years, e.g., from The Three Stooges Journal, ThreeStooges.net, and other sources."

I haven't bought it myself, but that gives me the impression that little new will be learned for people like myself who follow this site and read the Journals religiously. For fans who aren't familiar with this site and the Journal, then it may be a different story. I could be wrong, though. I may get it eventually.

I replaced my original Scrapbook about two years ago since the first one I had was so worn out.... should have waited, I guess.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I've been needing another copy for about 7 or 8 years now. Mine is toast. I'll pick this up one of these days.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline falsealarms

Best price looks like bn.com coming in at 15.56: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-three-stooges-scrapbook-jeff-lenburg/1000106580?ean=9781613740743

You can then knock another 15% off that price:

To save an Extra 15% ONLINE, enter coupon code T4T8J4A at checkout. The 15% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart. Pre-orders are not eligible with this offer. This coupon is valid at BN.com from May 5, 2012 until July 1, 2012 at 2:59 AM Eastern Time.