The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

MTS Announcement: Two New Inductions And A Very Sad Jim

shemps#1 · 37 · 14308

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
After a 3 year hiatus Music That Sucks will be coming back strong with two brand new inductions that are most deserving. The main problem I am experiencing at the moment is that said inductions are not coming out the way I would like them to. What this means is I am most likely going to have to do something that I was really hoping to avoid: immerse myself into the canons of the inductions. I have given myself a deadline of Friday to complete them, and once you see who they are perhaps you'll feel my pain. So stay tuned while I attempt to knock off the rust and bring you more Suck.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline vomit

• Puddinhead
  • Shemp RULES!
After a 3 year hiatus Music That Sucks will be coming back strong with two brand new inductions that are most deserving. The main problem I am experiencing at the moment is that said inductions are not coming out the way I would like them to. What this means is I am most likely going to have to do something that I was really hoping to avoid: immerse myself into the canons of the inductions. I have given myself a deadline of Friday to complete them, and once you see who they are perhaps you'll feel my pain. So stay tuned while I attempt to knock off the rust and bring you more Suck.

Bring 'em on!  I for one can hardly wait to see insucktees!  This is probably one of my favorite forums on the net!!!
Specto Caelum!

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead

Offline Bum

• Bonehead
My prediction....American Idol, the entire program.

If it's not one of the inductions, it should definitely be on the "to do" list.

Offline vomit

• Puddinhead
  • Shemp RULES!
Only 5 hours to Friday. Looking forward to this Jim (no pressure though.... >:D)
Specto Caelum!

xraffle

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
I wonder what the next induction will be..... Whitney Houston?  ;D

I thought about typing that, but thought I'd be the better person for once.  Thanks for proving I'm not the only scoundrel in this world, X, I feel less lonesome now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Nope, my baked brain did not think about Whitney, although she is prime material. I hope what I did write was decent enough.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline vomit

• Puddinhead
  • Shemp RULES!
Nope, my baked brain did not think about Whitney, although she is prime material. I hope what I did write was decent enough.

Take some pride in yourself.  Your material is great!  Best spot on the 'net!!! Bring it!
Specto Caelum!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There has been a slight bump in the road in regards to the second induction; I ran out of weed. It is still on the way though, as is more weed.

Offline Stooges#1

• Puddinhead
My prediction....American Idol, the entire program.

One guy I hope wouldn't get lumped into that category of total suckiness is Adam Lambert. The guy can sing. They should just retire that show already.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Might as well let the cat out of the bag; American Idol will be the landmark 50th induction. I'm still trying to get the "right vibe" for the upcoming induction, which I will divulge is an act that is vastly different from Helen Reddy.

Offline Bum

• Bonehead
Might as well let the cat out of the bag; American Idol will be the landmark 50th induction. I'm still trying to get the "right vibe" for the upcoming induction, which I will divulge is an act that is vastly different from Helen Reddy.

I can't wait for this one! I actually have had people say to me, "I can't believe you don't watch American Idol,  what with you being into music and everything". They JUST DON'T GET IT.....

You let the cat out of the bag, so I guess your next step is to let the weed out of the bag.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
I can't wait for this one! I actually have had people say to me, "I can't believe you don't watch American Idol,  what with you being into music and everything". They JUST DON'T GET IT.....

You let the cat out of the bag, so I guess your next step is to let the weed out of the bag.

I have been watching AI sporadically these past few years because I tend to visit my Mom on Wednesday nights and she has it on TV.  She's a huge fan and me being a rock fan, I've had to fill her in on who this Steven Tyler guy is.  I have my opinions on AI for sure, most of them not good, but I'll go into detail once Jim puts up his induction.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
Some of the auditions are better in other countries.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

• Numbskull

Whitney, MTS. Get the F*$#@ out. One of the best female singer ever(In her prime). How could she be prime material? Kind of hard to take MTS seriously now.  [soapbox] I'm not attacking you, i just dont get it? Were talking about Whitney Houston Right??

You can redeem yourself if you put glee up next after American idol.  >:D ;D If anything deserves it, it does. Without Glee MTS is just not complete.  [cool] Glee is so bad, i bet it would just write itself.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Whitney, MTS. Get the F*$#@ out. One of the best female singer ever(In her prime). How could she be prime material? Kind of hard to take MTS seriously now.  [soapbox] I'm not attacking you, i just dont get it? Were talking about Whitney Houston Right??

You can redeem yourself if you put glee up next after American idol.  >:D ;D If anything deserves it, it does. Without Glee MTS is just not complete.  [cool] Glee is so bad, i bet it would just write itself.

ROFL. Quad 4's, you're cool shit. I'm gonna let you in on a secret...MTS is nothing more than my opinion on crystal meth. There is a set criteria for induction (three #1 singles or albums, etc) but the most important one is I have to think it is bad music. It's not about what you think, what Liz thinks or what anybody else thinks. Sure Whitney Houston could sing, most of the inductions can/could sing, but that doesn't mean I like her music. On the contrary, I don't like her music at all. In the Helen Reddy induction I grew a vagina; how "seriously" are you going take that?

Glee is a great choice, unfortunately that means I will have to watch the show/listen to the music. After the AI induction I might not have enough strength right away to do a Glee induction...I might have to space them out some.

Offline Curly4444

• Numbskull
Glee is a great choice, unfortunately that means I will have to watch the show/listen to the music. After the AI induction I might not have enough strength right away to do a Glee induction...I might have to space them out some.

Thats true, you dont want to risk your health. Doing a Glee one just might kill you. Its that bad!! So i suggest consulting a doctor before attempting Glee.  ;D

Offline Bum

• Bonehead
ROFL. Quad 4's, you're cool shit. I'm gonna let you in on a secret...MTS is nothing more than my opinion on crystal meth. There is a set criteria for induction (three #1 singles or albums, etc) but the most important one is I have to think it is bad music. It's not about what you think, what Liz thinks or what anybody else thinks. Sure Whitney Houston could sing, most of the inductions can/could sing, but that doesn't mean I like her music. On the contrary, I don't like her music at all. In the Helen Reddy induction I grew a vagina; how "seriously" are you going take that?

Yeah, unfortunately, a lot of people with actual talent [Whitney, Aguilera, Mariah] choose to go the "pop" route, [IE shitty music] which gives you an automatic limited shelf life, with the expiration date being...... whenever the pop fans [AKA bandwagon jumpers] abandon you and move on to the next big thing. And that's when the appearances on the cover of the National Enquirer begin. Drugs or not, Whitney's career [her POP career], would have ended exactly when it did anyway, due to the kind of music she chose to make and the kind of fans to whom she chose to appeal. Shame, she could have been a great blues singer for decades to come......

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
Yeah, unfortunately, a lot of people with actual talent [Whitney, Aguilera, Mariah] choose to go the "pop" route, [IE shitty music] which gives you an automatic limited shelf life, with the expiration date being...... whenever the pop fans [AKA bandwagon jumpers] abandon you and move on to the next big thing. And that's when the appearances on the cover of the National Enquirer begin. Drugs or not, Whitney's career [her POP career], would have ended exactly when it did anyway, due to the kind of music she chose to make and the kind of fans to whom she chose to appeal. Shame, she could have been a great blues singer for decades to come......

EXACTLY!  Not only does this describe Whitney Houston, but American Idol in general.  Yes these people can sing, yes they have talent, it's what they do with this talent that I and others like you don't care for.

Whitney Houston may have been great if she started in the 60's, who knows?  Nobody is doubting her voice.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

• Numbskull
I dont know about jazz, not really a big fan. Would have been nice if she choose some other career route.

Here are some more i like to see in MTS.

1-Justin Bieber
2-Lady Ga GA(Whore Whore)
3-Katy Perry
4-Cee Lo Green
5-Miley Cyrus(Hannah Montana).

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
I dont know about jazz, not really a big fan. Would have been nice if she choose some other career route.

Here are some more i like to see in MTS.

1-Justin Bieber
2-Lady Ga GA(Whore Whore)
3-Katy Perry
4-Cee Lo Green
5-Miley Cyrus(Hannah Montana).

Katy Perry is so mind numbingly gorgeous I can almost forgive any musical atrocity she hath brought upon the world....almost.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Toby Keith induction is finished. I was orginally going to go with another induction (which will still happen before #50) but it's not quite finished yet. I decided to take a more "hardline/serious" (as much as MTS can really be serious that is) with this induction, so feel free to let me know what you think.