Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges film fest, 1/23/12 - Albany NY

Linked Events

• Stooges Fest Albany NY: January 23, 2012

Offline falsealarms

The Palace Theater in Albany NY will have their annual Stooges film fest on 1/23/12. Tickets aren't available yet.

The Annual Three Stooges Film Festival on Monday, January 23 at 7:00 PM. The original knuckleheads return to the Palace as we once again present the best of Moe, Larry, and Curly (and sometimes Shemp) in six of their funniest short films that will have you rolling in the aisles with laughter. Come enjoy a night of classic comedy, with a Three Stooges themed photo-contest in the lobby, and some of the best slapstick made to-date on the screen, Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

19 Clinton Ave., Albany NY 12207 - (518) 465-3334
palacealbany.com
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:12:03 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline falsealarms

I ended up going to this - a rough scan of the crowd seemed to suggest about 800-1000 people attended. For those here who go their own local festivals, how does that compare?

The lineup was pretty good: a Tom and Jerry cartoon, Dutiful But Dumb, Fuelin Around, You Nazty Spy, a 10 minute intermission, Who Done It, The Ghost Talks, and Cactus Make Perfect. All of the shorts got laughs - some more than others - but none fell flat. The Curly's probably received more consistent laughs, especially the oyster scene in Dutiful But Dumb. The Ghost Talks was probably the worst received, but that's not surprising (at least to me). Still, it was clear that the Stooges can still make people laughs, even after all these years.

A fun fact about this theater is that Joe Besser appeared there in the 1930s, but I've yet to see a Besser short in the 3-4 years I've gone to the film festival there.