The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Playing Tiger Woods 2004 PS2 - St. Andrews

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
My brother and I love to play Tiger Woods Golf 2004 on the PS2.  We've tried later versions of the game, on both the PS2 and Xbox 360 but we've never cared for them - the 2004 version's interface is just so much better.  We usually play at least one round whenever I am over at his place (a couple of times a week.)  I just wish I could play in real life like I can in the game.   ;D

Here is a round that we played on St. Andrew's a couple of years ago.  My brother recorded it on his digital camera while we played (fortunately, we seem to have kept our language cleaner than we usually do.)

Part 1 - Front 9:

[youtube=640,510]p6xfy5T2nJw[/youtube]

Part 2 - Back 9:

[youtube=640,510]RF2c_6LJmQQ[/youtube]

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Do you believe I watched the whole while waiting for my free "welcome back" Playstation games to download and I am still waiting for the second one to finish? You both are pretty damn good and I cringed when you almost got the hole in one only to have it bounce of the flag.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thanks!  We've both gotten even better since that game was recorded.  I've now "earned" over $23 million in the game, and my brother is pushing $19 million.  We are pretty evenly matched; if one of us wins a game instead of tying, it's usually because the other one screwed up somewhere along the way.  We've both beaten the Tiger Woods player quite a few times.   [cool]

The thing we like the most about the 2004 version of the game is that we were able to make our characters look a lot like we really do (although neither of us has any tattoos.)  I also like the game because my fingers are not very nimble - I'm terrible at most video games that require any dexterity.  Games like Tiger Woods Golf and Assassin's Creed are good because I can generally take my time.   ;)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'd like to see you try those backflips your characters were doing.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline FineBari3

I have a PS2 and a couple of stacks of games, but I just like to play the TW Golf and Medal of Honor games.  I have some sports games, but learning all of the controller moves is too much for me.

I work with autistic kids, and I was playing a wrestling video game with one, and I realized that I had it, so I went home to study it so I could play better with him.  There are probably 40 different control moves. I threw it aside and let the kid beat me at the game!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline ThunderStooge

My PS2 library mainly consists of adventure/platformers, an rpg and a fighter.  Sports games aren't really my thing, but I enjoy watching others play them.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"