Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Game Shows

luke795 · 27 · 6075

Offline Curly4444

I think that the new version of 1 vs. 100 collapsed because of the $50,000 top prize being (A) much less than the previous million, and (2) it was not easy to win.

I liked the show, but i also agree it wasn't that fun to see someone win only a few $1000 dollars. Why not make the top prize $100,000 or $250,000? No one will make it there, and the payoffs for the contestants will be higher, making it more fun for us to watch.

Offline Boid Brain

Yeah, mentioning TPIR was because I've seen so much of Drew Carey lately.  The current attempts by GSN to make new shows generally fail big-time.  I think that the new version of 1 vs. 100 collapsed because of the $50,000 top prize being (A) much less than the previous million, and (2) it was not easy to win.

In the earlier years of GSN, they had "Sunday Night in Black and White" from 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. on.  My favorite from that group was "What's My Line" hosted by John Charles Daly, seeing the mystery guests how they looked so many moons ago.
Do you know why that show was so good? Because John and the panelists were intelligent. Very intelligent....nowadays smarts take a back seat to marginal notoriety.