Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Nat. Geo's Afghan Girl

Offline Boid Brain

When first I saw the cover with this 14 year old girl I was mesmerized. It turns out that the photog that took the picture did not get her name. 20 odd years later Nat. Geo. sent a crew back there to find her.

The people in the villiges were very wary, and not too helpful. But they finally met a man that said: "I know this girl"

They found her, but it took quite a bit of wrangling to get her to remove her veil.

Offline Curly4444

took quite a bit of wrangling to get her to remove her veil.

I can see why.  :o Put the veil back on now.  :D God im a mean mo fo.  :D

Offline Boid Brain

I can see why.  :o Put the veil back on now.  :D God im a mean mo fo.  :D
Yep....she is far less attractive now. That desert life must be a bitch. But it's mostly her eyes that enthralled me. She still has that going for her.

Dog Hambone

Geez, Boid Brain, that story was published in April 2002 (9 years ago)!

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2002/04/afghan-girl/index-text

And as usual, you've managed to misspell something important, in this case Afghan. Not to mention posting another of your stale stories. You have a real knack for cluttering up this forum. 

There's nothing in the story about any "wrangling" to get Sharbat Gula to "remove her veil". She wears a burka when she goes out in public, but not at home. She also said she missed the Taliban because "at least there was peace and order."

My only question is, how is this related to The Three Stooges?   

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
My only question is, how is this related to The Three Stooges?   

[sigh]  For the umpteenth time: "Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board."  What part of that is so hard for people to understand?  You don't have to talk about just the Stooges on this board.   ::)

If you're not interested in the topic, just ignore it.

Dog Hambone

Ooops. You are exactly right. I was out of line. I apologize to you and Boid.