Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ghostbusters

Liz · 14 · 3462

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Ever since getting and beating the Ghostbusters video game a few years ago, I've gotten really into the Ghostbusters, which is ironic because I'm kind of afraid of the film series.  My mom always says, "Why are you afraid of them?  They're just like little cartoon characters!" but I mean, in GBII when Dana is about to put Oscar in the bathtub and the orange slime comes out... [yikes]

Anyways, my favorite GB has always been Ray, and probably still is, but in more recent times, I've been leaning towards Peter because I am now a Bill Murray fan.  Anyone else a fan of the men in beige?
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline Curly4444

lol You sound like my brothers fiance, she's so squeamish. If you think Ghost-busters is scary, man you would probably have a heart attack if you seen a modern Horror movie.

I've heard their doing a new one. It will probably suck like that supposed stooges film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've heard their doing a new one. It will probably suck like that supposed stooges film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

I doubt that very much; it's not like the Farrelly brothers are going to be doing it.   ;D

If the IMDb is accurate, I'm actually looking forward to a new Ghostbusters movie.  I like the first two a lot, and it looks as though they have all of the original cast (except for Rick Moranis), and it's apparently going to be directed by Lee Eisenberg, who did the first two, so it ought to be fairly good.  Time will tell, of course, but I'm far more willing to give it a chance than I am that stupid Farrelly movie.

Offline metaldams

I don't think I've seen a GHOSTBUSTERS movie since the 80's!  I used to watch the cartoon all the time as a kid as well, but man, it's been a while.

I have a two week vacation coming up in May, and I'm thinking of having an 80's theme.  GHOSTBUSTERS may be a good movie to watch.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I have a two week vacation coming up in May...

A two week vacation!  I (vaguely) remember those!  I haven't had a "real" vacation like that since 2006, when my brother and I drove out to Idaho to visit our father.

Being self-employed and working from home most of the time has its advantages, but being the only one in the family that is actually working on a regular basis makes it harder to take time off.  I haven't taken more than three or four days off in a row in five years.   :(

Offline metaldams

I haven't had a two week vacation in over 10 years.  I'm looking forward to this one and ol' Metal's going to have some fun.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Being self-employed and working from home most of the time has its advantages, but being the only one in the family that is actually working on a regular basis makes it harder to take time off.  I haven't taken more than three or four days off in a row in five years.   :(

Working from home must be fun. You don't have to commute and you get to work in your pajamas. I wish my job allowed me to do that. ;D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Working from home must be fun. You don't have to commute and you get to work in your pajamas. I wish my job allowed me to do that. ;D

It can be a bit of a mixed bag.  I don't work in my "pajamas" (don't wear 'em), but I am wearing well-worn blue jeans and a rather ratty looking T-shirt right now.  I'm also sitting in my recliner with my feet up, and I've got my current music picks (some Coldplay videos at the moment) blaring over the sound system.  I can also smoke whenever I choose without having to stop what I'm doing or worrying about bothering anyone.

I get to set my own hours, too, although that can be one of the drawbacks.  I've been doing this for a couple of years now, and I've found that my productivity increased significantly - but I also tend to put in more hours than I used to.  When I went into an office I rarely got there before 8:30, but now I usually start working around 7 - 7:30 (while I'm eating my breakfast.)  I generally work at least 45 to 50 hours a week, and it can be 60+ when we're preparing for an audit.  I also don't tend to take breaks as such, but it's easy to switch back and forth between my remote desktop at the hospital and my laptop's desktop, so when I've got data compiling at the office I can swap over and catch up on my email and reading.   ;D

The best part is that I get to work where I like.  I do have a desk, but most of the time I sit in the recliner with my laptop on a board that stretches across from arm to arm (so it's not actually resting in my lap.)  At least a couple of days a week I go hang out at my brother's house and work there instead, and of course when (if) the nice weather gets here I can also sit outside and enjoy the fresh air while I'm working.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Ghostbusters, like Back to the Future, is one of those 80's movies I just don't get all of this "retro love" for. I saw both GB movies when I was a kid and thought they were OK but I'm pretty sure my opinion would lessen if I watched them today as an adult.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Ghostbusters, like Back to the Future, is one of those 80's movies I just don't get all of this "retro love" for. I saw both GB movies when I was a kid and thought they were OK but I'm pretty sure my opinion would lessen if I watched them today as an adult.

I think Back To The Future's a genuinely good movie, but GHOSTBUSTERS may or may not be something I like simply because it's from my childhood as opposed to any genuine artistic merit.  I'll have to wait and see.  Believe me, there's a lot of stuff I like from my childhood that I probably wouldn't like if it were from any other time.  There's no way in Hell I'd download a Poison greatest hits album if Poison started in say - 1995. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Dog Hambone

Hmm, I wonder who's going to play Peter Venkman after what happened to Bill Murray in Zombieland!?!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
It's not "retro" for me, Jim - I've always liked the Ghostbusters movies.  (Holy crap!  Has it really been over 25 years?)  I've probably watched the first one at least 20 times over the years, and the second one at least a dozen times.  They are just good fun (and something I can enjoy in the background while I'm doing things on the computer.)  I even like Rick Moranis in those, and I usually dislike his stuff.

Hmm, I wonder who's going to play Peter Venkman after what happened to Bill Murray in Zombieland!?!

Hey, it's the movies.  They could always bring him as a zombie!   ;)

Offline Final Shemp

• I'm sawin' a saw in half with a saw, see?
  • Applehead

Hey, it's the movies.  They could always bring him as a zombie!   ;)

Or as a ghost.

Maybe the zombie outbreak in Zombieland was the Ghostbusters' fault (or Ray's...again).

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I doubt that very much; it's not like the Farrelly brothers are going to be doing it.   ;D

If the IMDb is accurate, I'm actually looking forward to a new Ghostbusters movie.  I like the first two a lot, and it looks as though they have all of the original cast (except for Rick Moranis), and it's apparently going to be directed by Lee Eisenberg, who did the first two, so it ought to be fairly good.  Time will tell, of course, but I'm far more willing to give it a chance than I am that stupid Farrelly movie.
I'm looking forward to it too, Rob; 2012 is looking like a pretty good year at the movies for me; Bond 23 and Ghostbusters 3.  I'm excited!!

In other GB news:  this morning, first thing I did when I woke up was go into my brother's old room (he no longer lives at home) and stole his old GB firehouse and put it in my room.  Nerd much? [pie]
IT'S ALIVE!!!!