Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2010 Stooges Madacy Box Set

Myren · 4 · 2329

Offline Myren

Ok sorry this probably asked in another thread. But here it goes. I came across the Three Stooges Collectors set at Best Buy for $19.99. Question is, is it worth picking up or just another reprint of the same four shorts with the color cartoon wrap-arounds? The packing looks very nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Collectors-7-DVD-Set/dp/B004ASPIW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1299894113&sr=8-1

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I came across the Three Stooges Collectors set at Best Buy for $19.99. Question is, is it worth picking up or just another reprint of the same four shorts with the color cartoon wrap-arounds?

Madacy repackaging of two prior Madacy sets.

The list of contents can be found in this website's Three Stooges Videography.

ThumpTheShoes

Plus, all the video from the previous collecter's edition set has tons of frame dropping, and the picture is squeezed in at the top and bottom and stretched to some bizarre aspect ratio-- like the picture was shoehorned into not-quite widescreen. Just bad encoding all round.

Pity. At least the cartoons would have looked good otherwise. They look like they were sourced from the same new masters as the Rhino discs.

Offline Myren

Thanks for the info. I thought it might not be worth picking up.