• Stooges Fest Woonsocket RI: January 07, 2011 - January 08, 2011

Offline falsealarms

1/7/11 - 7 PM
1/8/11 - 7 PM
Stadium Theatre - Woonsocket RI
28 Monument Square, Woonsocket, RI 02895
401-762-4545

Event is free.

http://www.stadiumtheatre.com/Events.aspx?date=1/2011&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:25:55 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline Rich Finegan

1/7/11 - 7 PM
1/8/11 - 7 PM
401-762-4545

Event is free.

http://www.stadiumtheatre.com/Events.aspx?date=1/2011&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Thanks for the news. I went to both shows last January and I believe I reported on them here. They were great successes (judging by attendance and audience reaction).
Winter weather permitting, I hope to go again to these next shows. Any other Stooges fans planning to go?

Offline Rich Finegan

The Three Stooges Free Film Festival at The Stadium Theatre, Woonsocket, RI, on Friday night was, like last year's shows, another big success. The restored 1926 movie palace was filled to almost its 1200 seat capacity with enthusiastic Stooges fans of all ages. Nice to see so many families bringing the kids.
There was an intermission halfway through during which they raffled off Three Stooges T-shirts.

The shorts shown were:

MUTTS TO YOU
TERMITES OF 1938
THREE SAPPY PEOPLE
TASSELS IN THE AIR
CRIME ON THEIR HANDS
FRIGHT NIGHT
DIZZY DOCTORS
FLAT FOOT STOOGES

Saturday's show will be all different. There will be six more prime Curly shorts and two early Shemps.
Everyone is encouraged to come Saturday. The show starts at 7:00 P.M.

Info and directions here:

401-762-4545

Offline FineBari3

That sounds like SO much fun, Rich!

Everybody should get to experience seeing the Boys on the big screen with a group of people!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Rich Finegan

That sounds like SO much fun, Rich!

Everybody should get to experience seeing the Boys on the big screen with a group of people!
You said it!
It is SO different from watching the DVD's at home (no matter how big one's TV may be!)
The sound of kids screaming (yes, literally, I heard a lot of that) with laughter is wonderful to hear. And we hope that a lot of future generation Stooges fans are being hatched in those audiences.

Offline Rich Finegan

Another almost full house showed up for Saturday's free Three Stooges Festival at The Stadium Theatre in Woonsocket, RI and judging from the audience reactions, a swell time was had by all.

This was the program:

CASH AND CARRY
OILY TO BED, OILY TO RISE
BACK TO THE WOODS
WE WANT OUR MUMMY
HOLD THAT LION
ALL GUMMED UP
CALLING ALL CURS
HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND DUMB