Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Places of your childhood, in pictures

Offline Curly4444

I've never been to a drive in in my life, that must've been a cool experience.  A shame about the screen collapsing, but something tells me the drive-in wouldn't exist anymore anyway.  Does anybody still have a drive-in in their area?

You missed out. Its a cool experience watching a movie from your car. Havent been to one since i was little, most have all closed down.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I used to go to the Southington Drive-In which from the looks of it now shows only "classic" movies (when I went it was first-run double features).

http://www.southingtondrivein.com/movies.asp
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I just now remembered seeing a double feature which started with She's Out Of Control (Tony Danza & Ami Dolenz) which was followed by Ghostbusters II there.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Dog Hambone

I've never been to a drive in in my life, that must've been a cool experience.  A shame about the screen collapsing, but something tells me the drive-in wouldn't exist anymore anyway.  Does anybody still have a drive-in in their area?
Yep. There's still one here, just a little ways north of Denver. Mostly B movies (or course!), but the missus & I went there with another couple a several years back to see Austin Powers in Goldmember on a double bill with a movie, the name of which I can't recall, about some giant spiders running amok.

When I was younger, you went to a drive-in & parked your car facing the screen. But nowadays, there's so many SUVs that people park backwards, open the hatch, & watch the movies out the back. They also broadcast the movie soundtracks so you can tune them in on your vehicle's radio, which is a vast improvement over those little speakers you hung over your car's side window.