Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

STOOGE AND CONFUSED BOOK UPDATE

Guest · 4 · 1009

stooged and confused

Sorry I've been MIA from the boards, but doing final touch ups on the book has kept me quite busy. I just received all of the files last night from the publisher showing how the pages willl look with the text and photo placement. I am more than pleased with the look of the book. I have a 7 day proofread ahead of me. After that, the publisher makes the corrections and photo clean up and it will be ready to go. He assured me the book will be ready to sell by the end of September at the latest. For those who want books, please let me know and I will make sure I have enough on hand to get out ASAP.

For those who may not be up to speed on my project, it is a comprehensive overview of the pop rock era that will be presented in 2 volumes. Volume one is the 50's and 60's and Volume 2 will cover the 70's and 80's to early 90's. Both volumes will be issued simultaniously and are very reasonably priced for a full color coffee table style book. The publisher is putting final production costs together, but feels that the price for each volume will hold at $29.99 each. The original plan was to make it one big book, but the publisher felt splitting it up would be better from a marketing standpoint and I agreed with him. For those who may be partial to the first or second wave of rock can choose the material they are more emotionally involved with. Those that have an interest in the entire history can get all of the material in the 2 volumes for the same price as the one big volume would have been.

Specifically, the book highlights the vinyl years with great full color photos of each artist represented (over 360 of them) on high quality paper. Historical impact, trivia, chart info, controversies, interesting stories help bring the photos and artists to life. Even the Stooges make the book on several occasions!

If you have further questions, just ask!

Offline ProfessorStooge

stooged and confused

Yes, initially, the books will be sold by the publisher on their web store and by me. Once a book goes thru the Library of Congress red tape, it will be sold on Amazon and book stores. It takes longer to appear in stores and Amazon due to coding/cataloging, if I understand that aspect right. The publisher mentioned soemthing to that effect, but I'll ask him again to clarify that. But, yes, it will appear at some point on Amazon.

stooged and confused

Seeing as there has been much written about music artists that are liked and disliked, I thought it might be fun to see which performers you are into that I would have covered in my two volume book set. It took me over a year and a half to write and scan all of the photo images and another 6 months for the publisher to format and color balance all photos. For anyone who is into music, you're sure to be pleased with my project. Everyone who has seen advanced pages has said that they learned things that they never knew before.

So, let me know what artists you are hoping are covered and I'll let you know if they are represented.