Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

And the 1st Stooge on Blu-Ray Is... Curly Joe!?

Linked Events

• DeRita's TWILIGHT ZONE on BD: September 14, 2010 - September 20, 2010

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
TVShowsonDVD reports that THE TWILIGHT ZONE Season 1 is coming soon to Blu-Ray on September 14. Amazon is taking preorders.

TV sci-fi genre writer/producer Marc Scott Zicree posted this on his blog...
I did two new audio commentaries for the TWILIGHT ZONE BLU-RAY DVD, the spectacular first-season episode "The After Hours" starring the stunning Anne Francis and directed by my friend Doug Heyes, and "The Time Element," the famed lost first pilot of TWILIGHT ZONE. The Serling script was shelved by CBS in 1958 and then filmed as an episode of DESILU PLAYHOUSE starring William Bendix. This episode has never been on home video and will be a remarkable extra for the set."

Joe DeRita, pre-Three-Stooges, had a guest role in "The Time Element," the Nov. 24, 1958 episode of THE WESTINGHOUSE-DESILU PLAYHOUSE, written by Rod Serling. You can read more about it at this site's TV Guest Appearance Filmography.

The full episode, via youtube, can be viewed at this ThreeStooges.net thread...
The Time Element

Here's a [low-res] pic of DeRita from "The Time Element," with William Bendix...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:45:55 PM by BeAStooge »

xraffle

You know, it’s funny. I actually like the underrated “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” anthology show better than the “The Twilight Zone.” I guess it’s because I’m more into mystery than science fiction. But I do run into an episode of “The Twilight Zone” that I actually like. And that’s what makes me have mixed feelings about this show. One episode could be really good, while another episode could be boring. The earlier seasons had better episodes, but the last two (especially the one with one-hour episodes) weren’t all that great.