Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Lon Davis and Baby Peggy

Offline hiramhorwitz

Lon Davis, editor and co-author of Stooges Among Us, is hosting a rare Baby Peggy personal appearance this Saturday (4/17/10) in Eugene, Oregon.  Baby Peggy, known today as Diana Serra Cary, had her own series of silent films as a child actor in the early 1920s.  In those days she was considered Jackie Coogan's only serious rival. 

Brief television coverage plugging the Baby Peggy personal appearance can be accessed using the link below.  This coverage includes a short interchange with Ms. Cary via telephone and an equally short discussion with Lon Davis in the studio.

Anyone out there close enough to Eugene to attend this event?       

http://www.kmtr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=71823@kmtr.web.entriq.net&navCatId= 5

Offline Rich Finegan

Thanks for letting us know about this, and for the link to the TV report and interview clips. I wish I could be there.
She's a nice lady, and a good writer, with lots of stories.

I am sending her a copy of one of her few sound films, made when she was 14 and used the name Peggy Montgomery. She says she hasn't seen it since it was made in 1932 and at that time she hid under the theater seat in embarrassment! I hope she will enjoy it more this time.

Offline hiramhorwitz

I am sending her a copy of one of her few sound films, made when she was 14 and used the name Peggy Montgomery. She says she hasn't seen it since it was made in 1932 and at that time she hid under the theater seat in embarrassment! I hope she will enjoy it more this time.
Rich, I figured you were probably in touch with her -- I think that's great!  Below is a link for the local coverage showing Ms. Cary at Saturday's Willamette Oaks appearance.  She certainly looks sharp for someone in her nineties. 

I didn't mention it in the previous post, but as documented in Stooges Among Us, Ms. Cary shared the vaudeville stage with Moe, Larry, and Curly.   

http://www.kmtr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=71861@kmtr.web.entriq.net&navCatId= 5