Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What's next?

Offline archiezappa

I wonder if we can petition them to release it.  ::) Hey, look what we got from Sony...

Offline curlysdame

We can only try.  What's the worst they can do?  Say 'no'?
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Stooge-Adam

I want everything Stooge related on DVD. However, Sony only has the rights to certain projects. That's all 190 shorts (which are released) and then those certain movies. I already have Snow White and the Three Stooges on DVD. The only Sony movie post the 190 shorts I don't have is Have Rocket, Will Travel. But I would like them re-released as volume 9.

I want another company like Shout to release all of the cartoon episodes. Rhino released a couple volume before, but they've stopped.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

After volume 8, I think the only thing that would make life complete would be the Shemp Howard Solo collection from Columbia & the Warner vitaphones. I could die a happy man if those sets were ever released sometime in the near future.

[grin]
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline stooge1029

Whats next? Laurel and Hardy shorts. I might have to just buy an international dvd player and get that UK box set. Unless anyone knows where I can go to download their shorts.

Offline mankey8284

I agree! I would LOVE some Laurel and Hardy shorts and movies on DVD. I am tempted to also buy an international dvd player just to order the 21 disc set of them.  ;D
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline dimelives

In all honesty, with every Three Stooges short on DVD, I think my life is complete :D lol

Offline Hammond Eggar

I've noticed that some of the posters here look at the Curly-era feature films strictly from the perspective of the Stooges.  Some of those films, such as My Sister Eileen, have merit beyond the Stooges.  Perhaps grouping a film such as that in a Stooges box might be a bit misleading.  That said, the film still deserves a DVD release, with or without the Stooges.  As for Hollywood on Parade, I know it's a Paramount release.  Does anyone know if we'll ever see a remastered version of this short?  All the public domain copies I've seen or owned have been edited and have bad picture and audio quality.  I'd love an HoP upgrade.

As for an MGM shorts set, I'd certainly go for that.  Of course, I'd want it to include the four shorts made with Healy, as well as the solo titles Roast Beef and Movies (Curly) and Give a Man a Job (Moe).
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Some of those films, such as My Sister Eileen, have merit beyond the Stooges.  Perhaps grouping a film such as that in a Stooges box might be a bit misleading.  That said, the film still deserves a DVD release, with or without the Stooges. 

Sony released MY SISTER EILEEN (1942) on DVD last year.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Thanks BeAStooge!  I can't believe I missed it.  I'm going to check Amazon right now.

UPDATE: I just checked Amazon.  I found the film as part of a boxed set titled Icons of Screwball Comedy.  I do wish the film would get an individual release.  That said, the box is selling for $22.99, so I wouldn't have to invest much money into obtaining this film.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline archiezappa

I actually kinda like "Rockin' In The Rockies."  It has Spade Cooley and his band in it.  Spade Cooley's grandson, Mike Cooley, has a band now called Drive-by Truckers.  Great southern rock band.  And they're from my home state of Alabama.

Offline Final Shemp

• I'm sawin' a saw in half with a saw, see?
  • Applehead
Rockin' in the Rockies has it's moments.  If Sony continues with a set of feature films, I must say I'd much rather have Rockies included instead of Stop, Look, and Laugh.

If Sony decided not to release the films that featured Stooge cameos, I could live with it.  But something as rare as Rockies would make a good selling point for a Stooge movie set.

flash70

Did that air??? that is a movie I would love to see on dvd...that and Have Rocket, Will Travel....the stooge solo shorts would be nice as well...

flash70

It's amazing how so many of Stan & Ollie's silent films have been released as well as so many of their later films- yet we still can't have access to so many of their classic Hal Roach sound shorts and features!

Offline afcomser

Yeah I would love to see all of the L&H shorts, I've recorded most of the two reel shorts and a couple 4 reel Movie/Shorts, most of their movies except a couple.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!

Offline falsealarms

If you have a REGION FREE DVD player (most aren't) then you can get the region 2 LH box set.

Offline luke795

I bought all of the Laurel and Hardy sound shorts and features from http://www.nostalgiafamilyvideo.com/ .

Offline Lt. Brannigan

Personally I would love to have all the Curly Joe films made available in one box set. And regardless of their actual worth, my Three Stooge grail has become getting all the live action wrap-arounds. Those were actually my introduction to the Three Stooges thanks to a 6 hour tape of PD toons. Plus anything Shemp...