Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 8, June 1

BeAStooge · 548 · 114545

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges Collection Vol 8 DVD: June 01, 2010 - June 07, 2010

Offline Stooges#1

This is fabulous news. Only 2 and a bit months left and then we'll have them all finally.

I'm going to watch volume 8 when I first get it and then likely have a Stoogefest where I watch all 8 volumes. I'm guessing the packaging will stay the same and they wont make it thicker. The last four Married with Children sets (Sony) come in 3 discs and the exact same digipak covering 2 thin cases packaging, I think thats how Sony releases all their sets nowadays.

Someone mentioned on another website about how he'd like a 10-12-10 combination for this volume, meaning 10 Shemp shorts on disc 1, 6+6 Shemp/Besser shorts on disc 2 and the remaining 10 Besser shorts on disc 3. I agree with that and hope they do it. 

Offline metaldams

They can put a picture of The Ritz Brothers on the cover for all I care, as long as the shorts are all there and look good.

I'm so glad all 190 will finally be released.  It's about time!   ;D
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline dimelives

3 discs, huh? Hmmm. Wonder if they'll have one single-disc slim case and one double-disc slim case, or just three single-disc cases. I'd vote for the former, to match up best with all the other volumes.

Have Shemp on the front of the box with Besser in a circle off to the side, like Shemp was on the 46-48 set box.
Agreed. Shemp is more marketable. I reckon he will be featured in the main picture.

As far as color, lets see a black and white box.
Hmmmm, with how colorful the rest the sets are, I think black and white might be a little plain, a little cheapy looking... I have a feeling it will either be brown, yellow, or another shade of green. Hopefully we'll see soon! Come on, Sony. Let's get that official press release :)

Offline 46kicks

I can't wait to throw it in the DVD player, get naked and open a large bag of Cheetos. I may even opt for the flamin' hot ones at this point !!!
WWWOOO HHHOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Offline Stooges#1

3 discs, huh? Hmmm. Wonder if they'll have one single-disc slim case and one double-disc slim case, or just three single-disc cases. I'd vote for the former, to match up best with all the other volumes.

I'm guessing two slim cases. The first will store disc 1 and the second will have 2 slots to store disc 2 and 3, and it will be the exact same size as the other 7 volumes.

Sony have started doing it with their DVD sets and alot of other studios have started going thin as well.

chad2411

I can't wait to throw it in the DVD player, get naked and open a large bag of Cheetos. I may even opt for the flamin' hot ones at this point !!!

Cold beer and boiled eggs for me.                            yeehaw

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Cold beer and boiled eggs for me.                            yeehaw

I think you guys might be a little too excited at the news...    :o

;D

Offline metaldams

:police:

I actually think this is inappropriate.

Seriosuly, you need at least 20 posts before you can give us fellow posters a vision of your nudity.  Until then, at least have the decency to wear a leopard print thong or something.

Somebody has got to be the moral police around here, and I can' think of a man more pious than myself.  Well...maybe Jim.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline metaldams

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
What can I say, I'm a man of fucking morals.

LOL!

I'm getting a kick out of seeing people excited about getting the last volume.  Who knew that getting the Besser episodes would ever be popular on this board?   [cool]

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Muriel Landers singing Three Blind Mice; who wouldn't be excited. 

[whoo]

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Waldo Twitchell

Kind of surreal to see this last batch of shorts remastered after viewing 20+ year VHS taped TV prints.
Definitely surreal, but in a good way.

Offline Stooges#1

LOL!

I'm getting a kick out of seeing people excited about getting the last volume.  Who knew that getting the Besser episodes would ever be popular on this board?   [cool]

Haha, touche!

Personally, I have never watched a full Besser short, only about 5 minutes of one where he is holding a giant lollipop (is there such a short?), but I can say i'm looking forward to this one as much as the first volume. Its the end and also because I have not watched these so its something new. And because its still Moe and Larry and we get to complete the two boys 190 shorts. I'll happily watch the 16 Besser's with a smile on my face, but I cant guarantee a laugh from what I've heard.  ;D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Kind of surreal to see this last batch of shorts remastered after viewing 20+ year VHS taped TV prints.
Definitely surreal, but in a good way.

Oh, I'm definitely geeked about having the entire set too.  When I first started this site 13 years ago most of my collection was taped from TBS and Channel 50 in Detroit (heavily chopped.)*  Having them all, clean and uncut, blows my mind.     [glasses9]

Thank you Sony!   [thumbleft]

* In fact, that is what inspired this site.  I was using the filmography in the back of Joan Maurer's Three Stooges Scrapbook to keep track of which ones I had and thought it would be cool to have that online.  The rest is history.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

xraffle

Thank you Sony!   [thumbleft]

Yes, a big thanks to Sony. And an even bigger thanks to them for adding more shorts on the last volume and charging the same price.

Offline falsealarms

I never thought we'd see the Besser's on DVD. The added to value them is that they've always been kind of rarities among the shorts. They are likely among the least seen entries of all the 190 shorts.

I was listening to Bergeron's Moe interview last night... he asked Moe about the slicked back hair the Stooges sported in some of the Besser's.

As far as the reaction to those hairstyle changes, Moe said "Not good. Not good. The reaction wasn't good."

Some of those Besser's (i.e SWEET AND HOT) are embarrassments to an otherwise tremendous body of work but the "better" Besser's like Merry Mix Up are better than watching a sick Curly, like Monkey Businessmen.

Offline falsealarms

Now, bring on the derita movies, dammit!!

Except for the inexplicable absence of HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL... all of the other Moe-Larry-Curly Joe films have been out for years.

http://threestooges.net/videography.php

Offline Curly4444

Yeah, but i want em remastered, and in a nice set to match my three stooges sets.

Offline falsealarms

Yeah, but i want em remastered, and in a nice set to match my three stooges sets.

Some of them could definitely use a cleanup.

Offline Paul Allen

Yes! Finally, VOLUME 8!!!

This is the way I hope the 3 discs are arranged:
Disc 1 - The 12 remaining real Shemp shorts -1955 "FLING IN THE RING" thru 1956 "FOR CRIMIN' OUT LOUD". Don't taint this disc with the Fake Shemp debacles!
Disc 2 - 10 shorts (The 4 Fake Shemp ones followed by the first 6 Joe Besser shorts).
Disc 3 - 10 shorts (The remaining Joe Besser shorts).

I'm also glad we're getting 3 discs for the same price as the other volumes, but rightfully so when you think about it.
I believe Sony realizes that Joe is not very popular with the general buying public and there was quite a lot of stock footage used to make the rest of the Shemp shorts (many remakes).

Does anyone agree with me about Disc 1?

Paul Allen

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I agree.  That is exactly how I would order them, if it was up to me.