Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Music Goes Round and Round

· 4 · 1387

Dog Hambone

I recently heard the song "The Music Goes Round and Round" performed by Tommy Dorsey and the Clambake Seven, recorded in 1935. It's the one Curly sings (with slightly changed lyrics) in HALF SHOT SHOOTERS when they are loading the artillery piece ("Oh, the first shell goes in there..."). I previously had no idea it was an actual song; I guess I just figured it was a little ditty made up for that scene.

Apparently, it's been recorded numerous times over the years by various musicians. Wow, you learn something new every day, I guess...

Here are the lyrics if anyone's interested:

I blow thru here
The music goes 'round and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out here

I push the first valve down
The music goes down and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out here

I push the middle valve down
The music goes down around below
Below, below, deedle-dee-ho-ho-ho
Listen to the jazz come out

I push the other valve down
The music goes 'round and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out here

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Just so, Dog Hambone,
I have been digging through piles of those $1 movies that are in almost any 'Dollar Store', and came across a title "Who Killed Doc Robbin?" and was immediately swept into the episode "Disorder in the Court". (I bought it of course, only a buck)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I push the first valve down
The music goes down and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out here

Now I know what inspired Curly from Monkey Businessmen (oh you push the first valve down & the music)...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Dog Hambone

Now I know what inspired Curly from Monkey Businessmen (oh you push the first valve down & the music)...

Yeah, you're right, Shemp Diesel. From the scene where Moe & Larry were locked in the steamroom.