Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

In the Sweet Pie and Pie

Offline Hassan bin Sober

I was just re-watching this one - what a classic!  Hilarious, fast-moving, and the pie-fight to end 'em all!  I noticed something that I had noticed in the past though, and had forgotten over the years - the Stooges' numbers in jail were 67, 68 and 70. . .obviously omitting 69.  Did they do this on purpose?  I can't imagine that that would've gotten censored, but maybe it would've?  I don't know much about what censors were doing back in the 40's.

It seems too much of a coincidence though, that they'd just leave out 69 for no reason.  Out of all the numbers they could've chosen, they picked a range that had 69 in it, and then omitted it.  I'm leaning towards them doing it on purpose to make a bit of an off-color joke, but I'm certainly no expert on the Stooges, and don't know if they'd do something like that.  Have they ever talked about it, or does anyone have any information about it?

Offline Hassan bin Sober

Crickets. . .  [bricks]

I really thought someone might know something about this, or have an opinion about it, or maybe say they had noticed it before and wondered about it as well.  Or at least I thought someone might tell me to grow up, or quit asking stupid questions.

I also just watched Malice in the Palace, and I realized that I had spelled my moniker wrong - in the short it was "Hassan Ben Sober".  Some days, you eat the b'ar, and some days the b'ar eats you. . .

[pie]

Offline metaldams

Dude, the short's called IN THE SWEET PIE AND PIE.  What more needs to be said? 

Are you the same Hassan Bin Sober that posted at the C3 board years back?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Hassan bin Sober

I laughed out loud when I read that!  It seems so obvious now. . .

No, I don't know what the C3 board is.  I love this place though.  Can't seem to get enough of the Stooges. . .

Offline lex

As my first post I am letting everyone know that In the Sweet Pie and Pie is my alltime favorite short.  I watch it once a week and my wife just shakes her head at me.  "you tomatos are all alike!!"  hahaha.  I did notice that the numbers are skipping 69.  I don't think it was for the off-color reason but you never know.  It would be very interesting to find out, as well as many other instances that we notice!

Dog Hambone

I love the sisters' names in that one, too  -  Tiska, Taska, & Baska