The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Coll. Vol. 6 1949-1951, June 16

BeAStooge · 168 · 55947

Linked Events

• Stooges DVD Vol. 6 1949-1951: June 16, 2009 - June 22, 2009

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Yes, all volumes are available at Costco right now.  At least 10 or more copies of all volumes!
Go Get Em!

IFleecem
(president)

xraffle

I just checked my order on Amazon.ca and its "Shipping Soon"  :o Shocked because its like that 6 days before the release date.

Bought mine today at Costco for 14.99 (they had like 10 copies of each volume in the series) Cancelled my order at amazon due to the fact they still had a June 18th delivery date.

Looks like I'll be the last one to get mine. My order doesn't even say "Shipping Soon" yet.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Looks like I'll be the last one to get mine. My order doesn't even say "Shipping Soon" yet.

Same with mine, but I don't care.  It'll be here in another week, which is when I've been expecting it for months, and "old age" has taught me to be patient.  (Beside that, the nearest Costco is 30 miles away, and in a direction that I don't usually go anymore.)   ;)

Offline falsealarms

Offline dimelives

No guarantee anyone else's Costco has the new volume out on the shelf, just gotta go check it out.

xraffle

No guarantee anyone else's Costco has the new volume out on the shelf, just gotta go check it out.

I just went to Costco last week and didn't see any Three Stooges DVDs. Not sure about this week though. I only go to Costco once a month, so I won't be going back there in a while. I'll just wait for my order to come, even if Amazon takes a while to ship it.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I work there, the release date was moved up a week like someone else mentioned on this site and tuesdays are always the day of the week for new releases (and others) . We received Volume 4 as well (with the others along with it) but we did not get Volume 5 so I preordered from amazon, but saw all of them on Tuesday the 8th (related to Henry The Ache?) and did not want to wait the extra week (being a lifelong Shempaholic like  I am) for all the great shorts on this collection.  No guaranteee we will get each volume, (I try to check in the computer to see usually) But If I know we are getting them in I'll make a report here for people like myself who hate to wait for the mailman to commeth!

IFleecem
President
(yeah that sounds about right!)

Offline archiezappa

I let the wife and kids know the release date and what it looked like.  It should arrive on Father's Day... ;)

Offline Double Crosser

I went to Costco today and sure enough, there it was with all the other sets.  All of them $14.99 each.

Offline Lefty

None of the ads in yesterday's paper showed the Stooges in the listings or pictures of DVDs coming out tomorrow.  Not Best Buy, not Sears, not anyone.  BOOOOO!

Offline falsealarms

None of the ads in yesterday's paper showed the Stooges in the listings or pictures of DVDs coming out tomorrow.  Not Best Buy, not Sears, not anyone.  BOOOOO!

I'm not surprised. I never see them in there. My local Target has yet to sell any of the volumes.

Offline dimelives

I went to Costco today and sure enough, there it was with all the other sets.  All of them $14.99 each.
No lie indeed. Just picked up mine. $15. I think I know where I'm getting the remainder of the volumes from now on!

Offline Stooges#1

Im watching "Ghost Talks" which is a short i've seen many times but before today i had no idea that Shemp gave the spirit a cigarette. I love these collections.  [cheer]

Offline Justin T

I went to my local Wall Mart after work this afternoon, and they had 3 copies left on the shelf.
Good thing I went when I did, I was afriad they would all be gone by the time I got there.

Looking foward to watching several shorts tonight.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

I saw Volume 6 at Best Buy today and this time, it's right there in the New Release section. Other times, I've seen them hidden in the Comedy section on the first day. They had about 5 copies for $19.99.

Offline Stooges#1

I just finished the set, wow that was great. I watched about 15 of the shorts for the first time, probably my favourite set of the first 6 with the most laughs.

Offline busybuddy

I've watched "The Ghost Talks" through Slap-Happy Sleuths since I picked up my copy at Wal*Mart yesterday. Definately as good as Volumes 3 and 4 in terms of quality shorts. I have never noticed the country called "Woo-Woo" on the map in "Malice In The Palice," and I noticed that the operators in "Dopey Dicks" and "Studio Stoops" sounds an awful lot like Christine McIntyre, who appears in both of those shorts. Is that her?
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline benjilbum

Got my Volume 6 set yesterday, and watched them all right away. They are excellent. I'm really looking forward to completing the entire collection. Its been a long time in coming, but they are doing it right. I figure there should be three more sets total. Two more Shemp's and one Besser. I've heard they also will include some of Shemp's and Besser's solo Columbia shorts. I have all of those, but not good quality. So those would also be a welcome addition.

Offline falsealarms

Further dispelling the notion that Shemp won't sell, Vol 6 is a top 50 selling DVD on Amazon and a top 10 seller at DVD Empire and Deep Discount DVD. With sales like that, it would be a surprise not to see Vol 7.

xraffle

Further dispelling the notion that Shemp won't sell, Vol 6 is a top 50 selling DVD on Amazon and a top 10 seller at DVD Empire and Deep Discount DVD. With sales like that, it would be a surprise not to see Vol 7.

I'm looking forward to Volume 7. That volume will only have 3 shorts that are NOT new to DVD and those will be the last ones. Volumes 8 and 9 will all be new to DVD.

BTW, someone noted earlier that "Punchy Cowpunchers" is listed under 1949 on the back cover. Well, on the slim case, it's correctly listed under 1950.

Offline stooge1029

I wonder what they will do with the last volumes. It looks like volume 7 with be 52-54 and 8 will be 55-57(mostly remakes). This leaves a volume 9 with a lot to be desired as it would only include the years 1958 and 59. I just dont see how an all Bessier volume that only contains two years of shorts would work. Maybe they can include some of the films with Curly Joe on a separate disk. Anyone know if thats the plan?

Offline Justin T

That's great news False, Vol 6 has been so much fun. It's about time we got all these Shemp shorts on DVD.
I can't wait for Volume 7.

I've heard they may throw in Shemp and Joe Besser's Columbia Solo Shorts for the last 2 Volumes, which would be awesome
because A. They have never been released on video and B. They would be restored and in great video quality.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

xraffle

I just finished watching Volume 6 today. With the exception of the audio clip in "Slaphappy Sleuths," I only found one flaw. In "Dunked In the Deep," there is a slight skip when Bortch bangs on the table and the salami flies into Shemp's mouth.

Offline falsealarms

Watched Fuelin Around for the first time in a long time. It was better than I remembered it. A fast-paced and high octane effort. The opening scenes where they lay the rug may well be the highlight of the short, though the lab scenes aren't far behind.