Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Question....

Offline Robbie883

I know i should know this because Im so big on the stooges but what shorts arent on dvd? Just curious thanks!

Robbie

P.S Todays my Birthday! Yipee LoL

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I know i should know this because Im so big on the stooges but what shorts arent on dvd? Just curious thanks!
Robbie

- Get a list of the 190 shorts
 - Go to the "Videography" page of this website
 - Check off the ones that are on DVD
 - The unchecked items will be the answer to your question.

Pilsner Panther

Robbie

- Get a list of the 190 shorts
 - Go to the "Videography" page of this website
 - Check off the ones that are on DVD
 - The unchecked items will be the answer to your question.

"I'll explain this so even you can understand it!"

—Moe, "Violent Is The Word For Curly"

Now pound those horse teeth, cutie!

::)

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
Or just because I'm bored, I'll give you the list of shorts not on DVD.

Horses' Collars
Uncivil Warriors
Pardon My Scotch
Ants in the Pantry
Movie Maniacs
Half-Shot Shooters
A Pain in the Pullman
Slippery Silks
Cash and Carry
Tassels in the Air
Mutts to You
Three Little Sew and Sews
We Want Our Mummy
Saved By the Belle
Oily to Bed, Oily to Rise
Three Sappy People
From Nurse to Worse
Cookoo Cavaliers
So Long, Mr. Chumps
I'll Never Heil Again
Some More of Samoa
Loco Boy Makes Good
What's the Matador
Even as I.O.U.
Sock-A-Bye Baby
They Stooge to Conga
Three Little Twirps
I Can Hardly Wait
A Gem of a Jam
Busy Buddies
The Yoke's On Me
Idle Roomers
Three Pests in a Mess
Beer Barrel Polecats
Monkey Businessmen
Rhythm and Weep
Hold That Lion
Sing A Song of Six Pants*
All Gummed Up
Pardon My Clutch
Hot Scots
Heavenly Daze
Fuelin' Around
Malice in the Palace*
Dunked in the Deep
Hugs and Mugs
Love At First Bite
Self-Made Maids
Three Hams on Rye
Studio Stoops
Slaphappy Sleuths
A Snitch in Time
Baby Sitters' Jitters
Don't Throw That Knife
Scrambled Brains
Hula-La-La
The Pest Man Wins
A Missed Fortune
Corny Casanovas
He Cooked His Goose
Gents in a Jam
Cuckoo on a Choo Choo
Up in Daisy's Penthouse
Booty and the Beast
Loose Loot
Tricky Dicks
Spooks
Pardon My Backfire
Rip, Sew, and Stitch
Goof on the Roof
Income Tax Sappy
Musty Musketeers
Pals and Gals
Knutzy Knights
Shot in the Frontier
Scotched in Scotland
Fling in the Ring
Of Cash and Hash
Gypped in the Penthouse
Bedlam in Paradise
Stone Age Romeos
Wham-Bam-Slam
Hot Ice
Blunder Boys
Husbands Beware
Creeps
Flagpole Jitters
For Crimin' Out Loud
Rumpus in the Harem
Hot Stuff
Scheming Schemers
Commotion on the Ocean
Hoofs and Goofs
Muscle Up a Little Closer
A Merry Mix-Up
Space Ship Sappy
Guns A-Poppin'
Horsing Around
Rusty Romeos
Outer Space Jitters
Quiz Whizz
Fifi Blows Her Top
Pies and Guys
Sweet and Hot
Flying Saucer Daffy
Oil's Well That Ends Well
Triple Crossed
Sappy Bullfighters

*=Not available on Columbia DVD but on many public domain DVDs and on The Three Stooges Greatest Hits and Rarities.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline Baggie

If you have a multi-region DVD player, or a computer that plays multi-region, some of the shorts in the above list are available on DVD from Australia.

http://www.vidzofoz.com.au/search.asp?q=three+stooges&f=&t=

The DVDs on this link contain these shorts from the list:-

Half-Shot Shooters
Slippery Silks
Three Little Sew And Sews
From Nurse to Worse
Cookoo Cavaliers
So Long, Mr. Chumps
Even as I.O.U
A Gem Of A Jam
Three Pests In A Mess
Monkey Businessmen
Rhythm and Weep
All Gummed Up
Dunked in the Deep
A Snitch in Time
Baby Sitters' Jitters
A Missed Fortune
He Cooked His Goose
Gents in a Jam
Up in Daisy's Penthouse
Booty and the Beast
Loose Loot
Tricky Dicks
Pardon My Backfire
Rip, Sew, and Stitch
Blunder Boys
Husbands Beware
Flagpole Jitters
For Crimin' Out Loud
Rumpus in the Harem
Hot Stuff

Hope this is of some help.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Robbie883

Thanks! But i dont know if my dvd player is multi-reigonal lol its my Playstation 2. Anybody Know?

Offline Baggie

No it won't, but a decent multi-region DVD player can be purchased from Amazon, at pretty cheap prices.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline pudge

where can I find a long version of "Space Ship Sappy" for my collection?   It  was released in europe...Moe makes a comment of "it took three weeks to close the coffin"  when remarking aboutt dieing with a snile on your face

The copy currently posted on the web is not a the original one

ThumpTheShoes

where can I find a long version of "Space Ship Sappy" for my collection?   It  was released in europe...Moe makes a comment of "it took three weeks to close the coffin"  when remarking aboutt dieing with a snile on your face

[Joe] "Love you to death?!" What a wonderful way to die!
[Moe] You know, my Uncle Peter died that way? Took the undertaker two days to wipe the smile off his face!

It's complete on Veoh.com and on YouTube. If you can stand the crappy quality of the torrents, then either of these will do you just fine... until Sony puts them on official dvds.

Offline pudge

[Joe] "Love you to death?!" What a wonderful way to die!
[Moe] You know, my Uncle Peter died that way? Took the undertaker two days to wipe the smile off his face!

It's complete on Veoh.com and on YouTube. If you can stand the crappy quality of the torrents, then either of these will do you just fine... until Sony puts them on official dvds.

No, there is actually a slightly longer version or one that is edited differently...maybe only on 16mm, I have seen these already

In another version , Moe says something how to  the undrtaker  couldn't close a coffin for three weeks implying riga mortis erection..pretty raunchy for the 1950's

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

No such line was scripted, nor is there an "alternate European" cut with that line of dialogue.

Wherever you recall it from, it was not SPACE SHIP SAPPY.

Offline busybuddy

where can I find a long version of "Space Ship Sappy" for my collection?   It  was released in europe...Moe makes a comment of "it took three weeks to close the coffin"  when remarking aboutt dieing with a snile on your face

The real line, "two days to wipe the smile off his face. . . " is the punchline to a dirty joke, or so I've heard. Does anyone know the rest of the joke?

I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline kinderscenen

This is an interesting question--is there any missing footage out there that was cut from the film BEFORE it was released? The reason I ask is because in Three Loan Wolves, at the end the boys have obviously been slapped by whateverthehellthatkid'snamewassupposedtobe, but I've never seen the triple slap.  Someone mentioned that they HAD seen the slap while watching in the 1970s.  There's plenty of script changes (Movie Maniacs comes to mind), but if I could get hold of Moe making an erection joke (in a short)?! Seriously, I'd empty out my bank account and sell my copy of Stroke of Luck.

But I'm pretty sure that the joke was just about the length of time to wipe the smile off of the uncle's face.  That in itself was pretty funny to me, and kind of risque, proving once again, that the Stooges really weren't for kids (although that never stopped any of us!  ;D)
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
This is an interesting question--is there any missing footage out there that was cut from the film BEFORE it was released? 

Over the past 10 years, my ongoing "Stooges' Hidden Hollywood" articles in The Three Stooges Journal have discussed many filmed-but-edited scenes, as well as scenes scripted-but-not-filmed, scene variations between script & film, and unproduced scripts.

Offline pudge

Many years ago, I worked at a tv station as an editor.  we were airing 16mm prints of the three stooges.  I just remember timing /editing  "Space ship Sappy".  Back then it was distributed by King World.  In that version the shots were a little different, but it seeemed more complete,  I have also seen edited ones where  five minutes of the short were removed.