Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New Question about the new A&E Stooge DVD

Offline 3Stooges

The A&E DVD uses some old interview footage with Ed Bernds and Elwood Ullman. I believe these are from the same interview sessions done for that Steve Allen/Stooge documentary from the early 80's "Stooge Snapshots" with Emil Sitka, Jules White, Curly's exwife and Daughter, the camermen and co-stars, etc... These sessions were also used in The Stoogephile Trivia movie.

My question is.... Is there a lot of this footage around that was left out of the documentary? I really enjoyed those vintage interviews and would love to see more of them.

Does anyone know if those interviews are owned/copyrighted by anyone, or are they part of the public domain?

Offline UncleBobOLink

Hi,

I am getting the new Stooges Men Behind the Mayhem DVD for Christmas........ Could someone give me a FULL rundown of it, p[rograms, bonus, everything, also, how many family members are interviewed, is Moes daughter, Joan on there.

Thanks

Moe:  Didn't you say you had an uncle ?
Curly:  Yeah, Uncle Bob O. Link, but the family didn't speak to him, He had MILLIONS.........
Moe:  Thats it, We're rich
Larry:  We're filthy with dough
Moe:  You're filthy WITHOUT it..............

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Stooges Men Behind the Mayhem DVD ... Could someone give me a FULL rundown of it, programs, bonus, everything, also, how many family members are interviewed, is Moes daughter, Joan on there.

For future reference, DVD (and other video) contents can be found on this website's "Videography" page; access above, via "Stooge Info" on the header bar, or the "Site Menu" listing.

Stooges: The Men Behind the Mayhem contains interview footage with Adam West, Lola Jensen (FLAT FOOT STOOGES, YES WE HAVE NO BONANZA), Julie Gibson (THREE SMART SAPS, SOCK-A-BYE BABY), Edward Bernds, Paul "Mousie" Garner, Lyla Budnick (Larry's sister), Nate Budnick (Larry's brother-in-law), Janie Hanky (Curly's younger daughter), Ted Healy, Jr. and Billy West.

Bonus Features:
 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)
 - BRIDELESS GROOM (1947)
 - SING A SONG OF SIX PANTS (1947)
 - MALICE IN THE PALACE (1949)
 - CAMEL COMEDY CARAVAN (The Ed Wynn Show) (1950)
 - Still galleries (from Lyla Budnick's collection)
 - Three early 1970s radio interviews with Moe and Larry
 - DVD-ROM "My Pal Moe" - home movies and memorabilia of a fan's visits with Moe Howard
 - Unused interview footage with Billy West and Lyla & Nate Budnick
 - Movie trailers: HAVE ROCKET WILL TRAVEL (1959), THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT (1962), SNOW WHITE AND THE THREE STOOGES teaser (1961), THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES (1962)

Offline Robbie883

Stooges Men Behind the Mayhem DVD ... Could someone give me a FULL rundown of it, programs, bonus, everything, also, how many family members are interviewed, is Moes daughter, Joan on there.

For future reference, DVD (and other video) contents can be found on this website's "Videography" page; access above, via "Stooge Info" on the header bar, or the "Site Menu" listing.

Stooges: The Men Behind the Mayhem contains interview footage with Adam West, Lola Jensen (FLAT FOOT STOOGES, YES WE HAVE NO BONANZA), Julie Gibson (THREE SMART SAPS, SOCK-A-BYE BABY), Edward Bernds, Paul "Mousie" Garner, Lyla Budnick (Larry's sister), Nate Budnick (Larry's brother-in-law), Janie Hanky (Curly's younger daughter), Ted Healy, Jr. and Billy West.

Bonus Features:
 - DISORDER IN THE COURT (1936)
 - BRIDELESS GROOM (1947)
 - SING A SONG OF SIX PANTS (1947)
 - MALICE IN THE PALACE (1949)
 - CAMEL COMEDY CARAVAN (The Ed Wynn Show) (1950)
 - Still galleries (from Lyla Budnick's collection)
 - Three early 1970s radio interviews with Moe and Larry
 - DVD-ROM "My Pal Moe" - home movies and memorabilia of a fan's visits with Moe Howard
 - Unused interview footage with Billy West and Lyla & Nate Budnick
 - Movie trailers: HAVE ROCKET WILL TRAVEL (1959), THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT (1962), SNOW WHITE AND THE THREE STOOGES teaser (1961), THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES (1962)

Sounds almost like every other DVD they come out with anymore.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Sounds almost like every other DVD they come out with anymore.

It isn't.

- The main feature has never been on DVD before; it runs 15 minutes longer than A&E's 1994 television version.

- The 1/2-hour of extended interview footage with Lyla and Nate Budnick is priceless.  Nate's classic 'Larry & Nate drive to Pittsburgh to see the Phillies' story is included in this footage.  As many times as Nate told it at the ol' Philly Stooge Conventions from '87 - '95, it was always a crowd pleaser.  This version, taped at the Lewiston ME convention in April 1992, is just as great.
 - This is the only home video release of the radio interviews (common on collector audio tapes/discs over the years, but not of quality this [comparitively] good)
 - The CD-ROM feature of Bob Bernet's home movies, letters and pics of his friendship with Moe are only available from Bob, and this DVD.
 - The public domain shorts and the Wynn episode are better video quality than any versions prior on home video.

Appearances are deceiving.  Informed opinions count.

Offline 3Stooges

Hey Brent,

Do you know any info about those vintage 80's interviews with Jules White, Ed Bernds and Elwood Ullman and the Stooge costars?

Who owns the rights to those? Who did them? Is there anymore of that stuff?

Those interviews were also used in the Stoogephile trvia movie and the Stooge documentary hosted by Steve Allen in the 80's.

Is this footage in the public domain or is it owned by someone. Did Jeffrey Forrester do these interviews?

I'd love to see more of those interviews...

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Do you know any info about those vintage 80's interviews with Jules White, Ed Bernds and Elwood Ullman and the Stooge costars?

Who owns the rights to those? Who did them? Is there anymore of that stuff?

Those interviews were also used in the Stoogephile trvia movie and the Stooge documentary hosted by Steve Allen in the 80's.

Is this footage in the public domain or is it owned by someone. Did Jeffrey Forrester do these interviews?

Mark Gilman and Jeff Forrester were involved with that footage, done for STOOGE SNAPSHOTS: 50 YEARS WITH THE FUNNIEST GUYS IN THE WORLD (1983);  aka STOOGE SNAPSHOTS on television, and on video as MAKING OF THE STOOGES and LOVE THOSE STOOGES.

Gilman sold his video library (Channel 13 Video) to "Hollywood's Attic" in the mid-1990s.  "Hollywood's Attic" was purchased by "Nostalgia Family Video" last year; the "Nostalgia" label will reportedly, eventually, absorb both libraries.

I don't believe that any of the 1983 footage is public domain.  You should ask Mark or Jeff (or his brother Tom) as to who owns what, @ 2005.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I own a DVD collection from Goodtimes titled The Three Stooges Festival (a four pack) in which one of the DVD's is titled The Three Stooges Story that contains portions of the interviews with Jules White, Ed Bernds, Elwood Ullman, Emil Sitka, family members and others from the 1980's.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline UncleBobOLink

Hi,

One more question:  Is ALL of the "My Pal Moe" DVD Rom included, I know you can buy it on CD Rom from Bob's website, I was just wondering if ALL of it, letters, interviews, photos, etc, is included.

Thanks,

Moe:  Didn't you say you had an uncle ?
Curly:  Yeah, Uncle Bob O. Link, but the family didn't speak to him, He had MILLIONS.........
Moe:  Thats it, We're rich
Larry:  We're filthy with dough
Moe:  You're filthy WITHOUT it..............

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You need to change your name, it's too close to mine.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline stoogestats

I have a number of interviews available, some audio and one video. Here is more info and a link:

Moe Howard and Larry Fine audio interviews

1) Larry Fine with Bruce Conn 1973 

2) Larry with Bill Kennedy 1974

3) Larry with Ed Bush 1974

4) Moe with Ken Doitch 1972

5) Moe with Ed Bush 1974

All on one CD.

Larry Fine video interview on video CD

http://www.larryfine.com/videocd.htm