Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Curly's Coffee Shop

Offline curlysdame

I thought this might be of some interest:  I found this place a few weeks ago, while I was walking around in San Francisco's North Beach.  And of course, I just had to snap a photo!  Unfortunately (as you can see), it was closed, otherwise I would've gone in and had some burnt toast and a rotten egg.   [pie]

If there's anyone else on the boards in the SF area, its on Capp St., off of Beach Blanket Babylon Blvd. (Green St.). 

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
That's pretty cool.  I wonder if it's named for the owner or the Stooge.   [scratchchin]

Offline locoboymakesgood

I go to the Bay Area a couple of times a month. I'll find out next time I'm there.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline metaldams

I've only been to California once in my life.  I was 18, and all I can remember is crossing the border for a couple of hours, Disneyland, and finding out my hands are the same size as Ozzy Osbourne and Jack Nicholson.  Never been to northern California.....someday.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was only in California once, myself, on a family vacation when I was probably 14 or 15 years old (1969 or 1970.)  We stopped for a couple of hours in San Francisco, where we surprised at how chilly it was (Sacramento was around 90 degrees that day when we drove through.)   We didn't get to do much in SF, since we were pulling a trailer, and that afternoon we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and took the coast highway north.  I remember my brother getting car sick on that road (it was like a roller-coaster), and we stopped for the night in Bodega Bay (where Hitchcock's movie, The Birds, took place.)  They served a great New England style clam chowder at the restaurant there, but I was constantly keeping an eye on all the damned seagulls that were everywhere.   ;D

Offline Double Deal Decker

I never been to California myself, but as for how chilly others have said SF was when they visited, Mark Twain once said that the coldest winter he ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco !!

Offline curlysdame

I never been to California myself, but as for how chilly others have said SF was when they visited, Mark Twain once said that the coldest winter he ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco !!

Yeah, our summers are pretty much fogged in.  We get all of our nice weather in Sept- early November; we call it 'Indian Summer' (no idea why).
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)