Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3 loan wolves

Offline illusions

Hi, has anyone seen the UnCut version of 3 loan wolves where

"After the little boy says "Oh, so you just moved in on me, eh?", the camera cuts to another shot and the Stooges are suddenly holding their faces in pain as if they were slapped by the boy, but we don't see it happen."

========

other note...  there use to be people commentaries / discussions on each of the stooges shorts / films is that lost too?

Offline kinderscenen

I think that's assumed that it was edited for TV, but as I recall, it was released that way--Egbert's triple slap was left on the cutting room floor.

Sunday
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline illusions

Just curious, some Stooge fans have said that they've seen a version of the short where the little boy does triple slap the Stooges.   Anyone have a taped copies maybe it can be uploaded to torrent to share to everyone.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Just curious, some Stooge fans have said that they've seen a version of the short where the little boy does triple slap the Stooges.   Anyone have a taped copies maybe it can be uploaded to torrent to share to everyone.
Any "uncut" version of the short has already been released on the Sony DVDs. There's no secret deleted scenes that are in syndicated cuts. If it exists, it's already what is out there. This isn't like the Three Little Beers first release with the cut golf ball gag.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

NYUK1934

"Three Little Beers" does have the golf ball gag restored on VHS/DVD. The 2001 DVD version cuts it out for some reason.

NYUK1934

Offline afcomser

I have VHS tapes from the eighties, that has it both cut and not cut. In fact the older one did not have it cut. I think it was the Screen Gems version that cut it out.
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!

Offline TXShemp

I always noticed that. I have lots of VHS copies from TBS (when it was worth watching) back in the 80s and its cut. And there didn't seem to be much censoring then, because they showed the blackface scenes and everything. "way down south in New York City....in the south...south Brooklyn." I always assumed it was released that way.

Offline MR77100

I have a 1991 taped version of THREE LOAN WOLVES and the triple slam from Egbert was cut, along with the Jap impression that Moe did to Baby Egbert in the flashback.