Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

If 4 More Shorts Were Chosen for Public Domain...

Offline Stooge-Adam

and you got to choose those four shorts, which ones would they be?

So in addition to: Disorder in the Court, Brideless Groom, Sing a Song of Six Pants and Malice in the Palace

My choices would be...

Punch Drunks
An Ache in Every Stake
How High Is Up?
Rusty Romeos (I feel Joe needs to be represented in this)

So with my list there are four Curlys, three Shemps and one Joe.

What about your list?

Offline 12Medbe

I'd say

Three Little Pirates
Vagabond Loafers
Scheming Schemers
A Merry Mix Up

Offline Hammond Eggar

One of the bad things about the public domain shorts is that most films and documentaries which feature Stooges footage tend to only use the PB shorts.  The '80s feature film "Stoogemania" was guilty of this.  I've always felt that was a big part of the problem with the film.  It's about an obsessed Stooges fan, yet there's very little Curly in the film, and, of course, no Besser or DeRita.  Imagine just how different the film would have been had the producers had access to all 190 shorts.  As such, if I were picking four more titles to go into public domain, my list would probably be heavy on Curly, with one Joe Besser title included to help give a broader view of the entire act.  Here's what I'd pick as of right now.

1) You Nazty Spy!
2) A Plumbing We Will Go
3) An Ache in Every Stake
4) A Merry Mix-Up
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline 12Medbe

I guess I could contribute more to the topic, its interesting.

4. Don't Throw That Knife
4. A Ducking They Did Go
4. All The World's a Stooge

[3stooges]    I would choose:

Dutiful, but Dumb
Vagabond Loafers
Oily to Bed, Oily to rise
Gents Without Cents

Offline ThunderStooge

We definitely need more Curly, and I think it's only fair that we get a Joe short in.

Punch Drunks
You Nazty Spy
Scheming Schemers
A Merry Mix-up

That would make three Curlys, three Shemps, a Fake Shemp, and a Joe.
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline WhyYou

My natural inclination would be to go with 4 more Shemp episodes,but Curly is certainly worthy of recognition.How about Corny Cassanovas,Loose Loot,Boobs In Arms,and They Stooge To Conga.And if we need a fake Shemp,my choice would be Hot Stuff.Was Joe Palma's shining moment as a Stooge,and really isnt bad,even with the new footage.And I still refuse to recognize the Besser era,those should have all been burned long ago,before they became widely distributed.                                                                                                                                             "Gee Moe,I'm sorry Moe,what mo' can a fellow say,thats all there is,there aint no mo'.

Offline archiezappa

1.  Micro-Phonies
2.  Scrambled Brains
3.  The Pest Man Wins
4.  Cash And Carry