Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Goofs not mentioned in the Stooge Info section

Offline ArPharazon

I'm finding it hard to spot things not already mentioned in this site's "goofs" section, but I did see a couple.  Everybody else, please post anything you might have spotted in the new, cleaner shorts.

In Pardon My Scotch, Curly's overalls are on backwards in the drugstore scenes (Larry's too) (prob'ly my #1 favorite scene(s) in any short).
In Hoi Polloi, I noticed Curly sneaking peaks at the book while he's spelling cat "k-i-t-t-y ... pussy".  I never saw that in the older prints on TV.

There's soit'n'ey a lot of other things I never noticed before the remasters, but so far, all of them have already been mentioned under "goofs", so I didn't want to rehash any of those.

xraffle

I don't know if I would consider those goofs, but I'll leave it to the other Team Stooge members to decide whether or not to add those to the goofs section.

Offline ArPharazon

^ True.  The overalls could have been completely intentional, and the peeking too.  A lot of what's already in the goofs section I only noticed for the first time watching these cleaned up shorts.  The I looked in there to see if they were mentioned.

Offline Lefty

I watched "Quiz Whizz" yesterday on our local station, and there was a double grammatical slip-up:

Larry:  "Does barbecues have pits?"
Joe:  "Incidentally, do barbecue have pits?"

What Larry said may have been part of the script, but with Joe, anything are possible.

Offline MR77100

I have already sent a dozen goofs to the moderator and several have been posted, but five goofs I have sent for BOOBY DUPES have not been listed yet!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I have already sent a dozen goofs to the moderator and several have been posted, but five goofs I have sent for BOOBY DUPES have not been listed yet!

I've been rather busy and haven't had much time to check them yet, myself.  Team Stooge members, feel free to jump in and help check them out!*   ;D

* There should be a link on the Home page that will open a popup linking to the episodes that need approval.  Let me know if you don't see it.

xraffle

I've been rather busy and haven't had much time to check them yet, myself.  Team Stooge members, feel free to jump in and help check them out!*   ;D

I've been very busy as well. But I have a few minutes to spare right now, so I'll get to work on it. Right now, there are 17 goofs that need approval. :o

xraffle

Ok, I looked through all your goofs. I approved most of them, but some of them I had to disapprove and here's why:

A Pain In The Pullman
Moe's crab 
The crab parts that Moe was gingerly chewing on were sugar-coated replicas because he hated shellfish with a passion. Regardless, he was STILL worried that the real crab shell was underneath.

-This is very similar to the first goof posted.

Punch Drunks
Curly was injured 
Curly was fighting against a real pro boxer in this short and received a bloody nose and a cut lip!

-This is more of a trivia than a goof.

Fuelin’ Around
Cut in music 
The first second of the "Three Blind Mice" theme is cut off at the beginning.

-This music cut off is only on the VHS release and I think it's also on the AMC copy as well. But I've seen this short on TV without the cut-off. I think this was a problem with the just the one particular print of that short. So, I wouldn't consider this a goof.

Musty Musketeers
music from the wrong era 
For some reason, this episode begins with the "Three Blind Mice" theme from the 1949-1952 Shemp era, although it ends with the version from the 1953-1955 era.

-I think this may have been done intentionally. This has happened on other shorts as well, particularly the remakes. I don't really consider this a goof.
--------

There is one goof I didn't touch yet:
Baby Sitters Jitters
still wet
When Shemp starts sipping the soup, he is still wet from the bottle that Moe smashed over head earlier!

-I don't recall Shemp getting hit in the head with a bottle and getting all wet. I believe it was only Larry that got wet. My memory might not be cooperating with me at this moment, so I'll leave that goof open for the other Team Stooge members to decide.

EDIT- I remember now. He says "There's a thousand reasons why I shouldn't drink and I can't think of one right now." Then Moe smashes the bottle on Shemp's head. But I believe that the blowing bubble occurs shortly after this happens, so even if it was a goof, it fits right in. In fact, it would be more of a goof if his hair is completely dry. I'll let the other Team Stooge members decide. If they don't do anything within the next few days, I'm afraid I might have to scratch that one out.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Thanks for going through those so fast, X!

-This is more of a trivia than a goof.

Good point.

Hmmm...  I think that I should add another section for Trivia.   ;D

Offline MR77100

Yes you probably should add a trivia section, since I am notorious for digging up trivia from everywhere!

xraffle

Hmmm...  I think that I should add another section for Trivia.   ;D

Yes you probably should add a trivia section, since I am notorious for digging up trivia from everywhere!

Yeah, not a bad idea. I have some three stooges books here at home with some trivia, which I can add to the filmography. Also, I can think of a few right now from the top of my head.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline archiezappa

Yes!  This is a great idea!  I'm talking about having trivia for the Stooge shorts and movies on the website.  It would really add something good to the filmography.  Having those little "did you knows" along the way will be totally cool.  Awesome!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Here's what I am thinking for the Stooges Trivia section:

• Any member above Porcupine will be able submit trivia on the individual episodes.  (The username of the member will be displayed for bragging rights.)
  • You will be able to cite a source for the trivia item, and if the source is available online enter the web site address (URL.)
  • New trivia items will be immediately displayed but will be marked as "Unconfirmed" until a Team Stooge member confirms the entry.  The Team Stooge member will also have the option to either delete an erroneous entry or tag it as "False" and add a comment explaining why.

I've already created the database table for the feature, and I should have the coding finished by tomorrow night.

xraffle

Just a little note to all members who want to add Goofs in the Goofs section- it would make our job easier if you would make sure your typing is grammatically correct with proper capitalization and punctuation. Also, when typing in the title of the goof, make sure the first letter of each word is capitalized (ex: Visible Strings). Also, please proofread for typos, as well.

The reason I make this request is because sometimes there are over 20 goofs that need to be reviewed and most of the time they're filled with typos and improper grammar. Therefore, I have to reword or correct any mistakes before approving the goof. This takes time and it will take longer for your goof to appear, especially when there are several goofs that need approval.

Offline FineBari3

Just a little note to all members who want to add Goofs in the Goofs section- it would make our job easier if you would make sure your typing is grammatically correct with proper capitalization and punctuation. Also, when typing in the title of the goof, make sure the first letter of each word is capitalized (ex: Visible Strings). Also, please proofread for typos, as well.

The reason I make this request is because sometimes there are over 20 goofs that need to be reviewed and most of the time they're filled with typos and improper grammar. Therefore, I have to reword or correct any mistakes before approving the goof. This takes time and it will take longer for your goof to appear, especially when there are several goofs that need approval.

Word.   [afro]

I'd also like to clarify what proper capitalization is.  Capitalization is done by hitting the shift key; life is not one big text message!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline ArPharazon

With the release of Vol.6, and my favorite Shempisode The Ghost Talks, I think I heard a goof not mentioned.

When the armor "pays out" Moe says "you really are a friendrey spirit.  R instead of L.  Intentional, or another Moe line flub?

Offline middlenamewayne

I can't find my copy of "Rockin' In The Rockies" right now, but you may recall that in it, Moe's character is named Shorty. Nevertheless, in one chaotic scene (involving a moose head, iirc) Curly can clearly be heard to call him Moe!

- mnw

Offline Sadistic Stooge

yes yes I notice that too , but never put it in the Rockin' In The Rockies goofs .  good ear :)

Offline middlenamewayne

yes yes I notice that too , but never put it in the Rockin' In The Rockies goofs .  good ear :)

Actually, there doesn't seem to be an entry for RITR, tho Rockin' THROUGH The Rockies lists six goofs...

- mnw

Offline StoogeLady

Hi, I'm a newbie - sorry I'm nitpicking so early, but I believe Thanksgiving Day in 1955 when Shemp died was on the 24th - Shemp died on the 22nd - yes?  I noticed somewhere on this site it said that Shemp died on Thanksgiving Day.

Love the web site! 

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I noticed somewhere on this site it said that Shemp died on Thanksgiving Day.

No... that's a list of calendar events in the coming week. In-between Shemp's death notice and Thanksgiving is a comma... 2 separate events.

Offline FineBari3

Hi, I'm a newbie - sorry I'm nitpicking so early, but I believe Thanksgiving Day in 1955 when Shemp died was on the 24th - Shemp died on the 22nd - yes?  I noticed somewhere on this site it said that Shemp died on Thanksgiving Day.

Love the web site! 

That was the upcoming events section. It lists the next event, which happens to be Thanksgiving.

Nice to have you here! Are you in the Fan Club?

(another Stooges female fan)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Lefty

In "Three Little Beers," the handbill about the golf tournament states a date on it -- Sun. Dec. 19, 1935.  Well, they obviously didn't mean Sunday December 19, 1937.  So they meant either Sunday December 15 (a possibility, but maybe a bit too cold, even in Lala-land), Sunday May 19 (way before the short was taped), or Thursday December 19 (not a day for a golf tournament).

Offline locoboymakesgood

In "Three Little Beers," the handbill about the golf tournament states a date on it -- Sun. Dec. 19, 1935.  Well, they obviously didn't mean Sunday December 19, 1937.  So they meant either Sunday December 15 (a possibility, but maybe a bit too cold, even in Lala-land), Sunday May 19 (way before the short was taped), or Thursday December 19 (not a day for a golf tournament).
Maybe you've never been to Southern California, but people golf year-round. Especially when its in the 60s and 70s in December.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)