Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Nitpicking Transcripts

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
The Team Stooge is beginning to heap up a bevy of transcripts! As usual, they try very hard to get every and all words inserted in the scripts, and at the same time try to be grammatically correct. It is still possible (however unlikely) that an oversight might occur now and then. It is also possible that a poorly spoken word by one of our beloved boys may be interpreted by one ear as one thing, and another as something else.

This thread is intended to help our Team Stooge keep an accurate and pleasing transcript file. I encourage you to print out the transcript, then watch the episode and read along. If you find anything worth mentioning, or an actual error in the transcript. please post it on this thread.

Since the recent explosion of transcripts, I don't watch an episode without it in my hand, if it exists. I even print out the Stooge Goofs and watch for them! It makes our boys that much more fun, entertaining and interesting to watch.

Enjoy reading our boys ... it is prose in it's most pristine form!
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

xraffle

Well I'm glad someone notices the bunch of transcripts that we've been working on. ;D

I tried to be as accurate as possible with the transcripts that I've done. But of course, I'm human, so I can make mistakes. So, yes, if anyone sees any oversight or error in my transcripts, please feel free to let me know.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
In "boobs in arms", does anybody notice Curly's uncensored swear word???? I posted it on the "goofs" section. It's really cool. It's after the boys come in off the street to sell greeting cards in the building. Before they knock on the first door , curly turns to Moe and says
 " We may get lucky...what the hell ?".

The dialogue is...
"I'll try in here. We may have some luck. Who can tell?"

Dog Hambone

I love the transcripts, & have no complaints whatsoever. Loads of thanks to you guys who are working so hard on them. There are a number of things said in the shorts, particularly by Curly, that, for who knows what reason, I was never quite able to understand. It's nice to finally know what he/they were saying.

Do you watch them with closed captions on? I generally use cc's because I had a severe hearing loss in my right ear a few years back. While you have to be careful with closed captions (they are often inaccurate), it might help & save you some work. But I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know.

Offline Dr. Hugo Gansamacher

There is a bit of Yiddish in I'LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN that is missing from the transcript on this site: after Curly has busted Moe's globe over his head, when Moe says to him, "You nitwit! You've shattered my world!", Curly shouts "Gevalt! Geva-va-valt!" as he runs away in terror. You can hear the line around 3:35 in the video embedded below.

[youtube=425,350]hbqKdMjhEQM&NR=1[/youtube]

Offline FineBari3

Wow! This thread is a mess!! :o

LOL!!!!

Yes, it is!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Dr. Hugo Gansamacher

I was just looking at the transcript of Brideless Groom, and noticed an error that misses a joke:

SHEMP: [to Dinkelmeyer] No no. You are too fortissimo, too allegro, too quantro.

The two Italian words are correct, but the last word should be "Cointreau." It's the name of a French liqueur.

Looks like a fine transcript otherwise.

xraffle

I was just looking at the transcript of Brideless Groom, and noticed an error that misses a joke:

The two Italian words are correct, but the last word should be "Cointreau." It's the name of a French liqueur.

Looks like a fine transcript otherwise.

Fixed. Thanks!