Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2008 Stooges Meeting

Offline curlysdame

Hi everyone, I'm back.  I've been having some computer issues the last couple of weeks.  Buy anyway.... this weekend was, of course, the '08 Stooges Fan Club Meeting... and it was awesome!  Just wanted to see if anyone else went and what they thought...

I know JazzBill was there, as I had the pleasure of meeting him.   [cool]   It's too bad I didn't see you earlier, Jazz; I would've liked to have talked to you a little longer. 

Thanks for putting on a great program this weekend Gary!  It was poifect!   [clap] [clap]

Quick question though... how would I post pics on here from desktop files, rather than just pics you'd find on google?  I've got a couple I wanted to put up....
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline JazzBill

Who say's, girls don't like the Stooges ? I ran into two people that post here and both of them were female.  I seen you and I seen FineBari3.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline curlysdame

Ooh, that's right.  I remember she said that she was going, too.  ....FineBari3, where were ya?   :P
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline FineBari3

Ooh, that's right.  I remember she said that she was going, too.  ....FineBari3, where were ya?   :P

I was there! I arrived on Thursday!

I didn't see you AT ALL, curlysdame!!!!! 

Friday I was at Jon's for lunch, the Stoogeum, then in the bar!

I was greeting people at the registration table and helping out there most of the day on Saturday. I went to the banquet and was even introduced there, if you went to that. Then, I was in the Fillum Room, and the bar, but had to leave because there was just WAY too many drunk, annoying people in there (not club members, but the wedding reception!)

I was at the Stoogeum Sunday until it closed. I was encouraged to participate in the pie fight going on in the parking lot, but I told everybody I had to catch a flight, and didn't want shaving cream in my hair!

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline garystooge

I was encouraged to participate in the pie fight going on in the parking lot, but I told everybody I had to catch a flight, and didn't want shaving cream in my hair!

Yeah, the residue from the pie fight was still all over the parking lot on Monday morning until some strong rains washed it away, so thankfully there were no complaints from the neighboring office buildings.

By the way, if anyone has pictures from the weekend that they can send me for possible use in The Journal that would be great.

Gary

Offline curlysdame

I was greeting people at the registration table and helping out there most of the day on Saturday. I went to the banquet and was even introduced there, if you went to that.

Yeah, I was definitely at the banquet.  Wait, where you singing 'Swinging the Alphabet' at the podium?   ???

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Wait, where you singing 'Swinging the Alphabet' at the podium?   ???

Did you actually listen to that "singing?" If you wanna be friends with Mar-Jean, comments like that are definitely not the way to go about it.  ;)

Offline curlysdame

Did you actually listen to that "singing?" If you wanna be friends with Mar-Jean, comments like that are definitely not the way to go about it.  ;)

Haha, no no no... I meant no insult.  Just trying to do a mental rewind of the weekend.  You wear glasses, right Mar-Jean?  Now that I think about it, I think I do remember seeing you at the registration table.  I was the young lady with the long brown hair.  I'll try and get a pic up here; you'd probably recognize me then...

Offline FineBari3

Haha, no no no... I meant no insult.  Just trying to do a mental rewind of the weekend.  You wear glasses, right Mar-Jean?  Now that I think about it, I think I do remember seeing you at the registration table.  I was the young lady with the long brown hair.  I'll try and get a pic up here; you'd probably recognize me then...

Wrong...both times, curlysdame!!!

I was not at the registration table all of the time; the other person you referred to is Kay Lhota!

Here is a pic of Gary Lassin and myself, taken at the banquet. The drawing Gary has was presented to him by Paul Kreft, who also drew it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline FineBari3

[pound]

Damn straight, Brent!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline curlysdame

Here is a pic of Gary Lassin and myself, taken at the banquet. The drawing Gary has was presented to him by Paul Kreft, who also drew it.

Damn, I definitely didn't see you.   :(  I love that drawing though; cute idea.  I took a pic with Gary, too.  But unfortunately, it came out too dark and I had to scrap it.   :-\

This is driving me nuts... I can't figure out how to attach pics in my posts.  How'd you do it Mar-Jean?

Offline curlysdame

Oops, meant to post this in my last reply... I just saw the drawing up close.  So cute!  Gotta love how Gary towers over all the Stooges, too.  Haha

Offline FineBari3

Damn, I definitely didn't see you.   :(  I love that drawing though; cute idea.  I took a pic with Gary, too.  But unfortunately, it came out too dark and I had to scrap it.   :-\

This is driving me nuts... I can't figure out how to attach pics in my posts.  How'd you do it Mar-Jean?

Right underneath the box that you type the message in, there is a section that says Attach

Don't use the little tab boxes above the message typing box.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline curlysdame

Weird, I don't have that.  I'll have to figure something else out tomorrow...

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Curlysdame,

I don't have that either. Internut Exploder 7.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Justin T

Wow, sounds like it was a fun time! I really wanted to come this year but I just couldnt afford it  :(

I'm hoping to go see the Stoogeum again this year esp with all the new exhibits that were put up
when I was there back in October for Larry's B-Day celebration.

Hopefully next year I can come, I would have loved to have been part of that pie fight in the parking
lot LOL  [pie]
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline curlysdame

I don't have that either. Internut Exploder 7.

Thanks for the suggestion jrvass.  I downloaded Internet Explorer 7, and still no 'attach' box.  This is gettin on my noives! [pie]