Uh, you gotta see this.

Offline metaldams

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir or Mame: (SDJ):

I was just wondering around the site tonight looking to see what new things was inserted since I was here last and I came upon the section "You ought See This" and I went to the site and I spent a good long time there just reading everything there.  I do not know if I can say this but since this section is somewhat based on Christianity just would like to thank you for helping me renew my faith in the Lord.

I was on the fence about God but when I read what you had posted it put me over to know Him.  Thank you so very much Sir.  I really appreciate it.  Keep you faith.  And share it.

Love, Thank You Very Much

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392  [stooges]

Offline metaldams

Dear Sir or Mame: (SDJ):

I was just wondering around the site tonight looking to see what new things was inserted since I was here last and I came upon the section "You ought See This" and I went to the site and I spent a good long time there just reading everything there.  I do not know if I can say this but since this section is somewhat based on Christianity just would like to thank you for helping me renew my faith in the Lord.

I was on the fence about God but when I read what you had posted it put me over to know Him.  Thank you so very much Sir.  I really appreciate it.  Keep you faith.  And share it.

Love, Thank You Very Much

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392  [stooges]

Truthfully, I just posted this as an amazing thing someone would do with Legos, and I don't think the person behind this was religious.  I certainly wasn't trying to convert anyone to Christianity or knock Christianity by posting this link. That said, there are genuine Bible passages shown for sure which make for interesting reading, and if you got something positive out of this link, then I'm glad I posted it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Doc the missionary...now there's something I thought I'd never say.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
My sister is a minister. She loves that site.

James

8)
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Metaldams):

By posting this site you were deffinately not knocking down Christianity to me you were for it.  I did return to the site and did notice the great lego works.  Please Sir it was me that might have been on the bit pushy side.  I did although enjoy the site and it's contents.  Thank you very much Sir for your courteous response to my post.  I appreciated it.

Sir in closing please enjoy the remaining portion of your week.

Sincerely

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline locoboymakesgood

You became born-again because of the LEGO site, Diane?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Locoboymakesgood):

Hey sir I did not know at the time it was a site for Lego Toys, it was the messages that made me a Christian.  Please Sir remember I am only a Moron and we look at thing differently. Now that I realize what it is I feel sorta stupid Sir.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline Justin T

As a born-again Christian myself, thats very cool Diane.  :angel:

I remember seeing this site years ago, before I got born again, didnt know it was still around!

Thanks for posting this Metaladams
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Justin T):

Sir would like to thank you for sending me that encouraging post it was that site that put me to God.  Glad to see there are others who know the Lord.  Sir please keep your faith and share it.  It was Metaladams post of that site that made me realize the missing link in my life.

Again Sir thank you so very much for your encouraging post.

God Bless

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline metaldams

Looks like I'm a prostelyzer (if I'm wrong with the spelling, Kane can give me a warning), when the irony is, I don't belong to a single organized religion!  I'm not a church goer.

I am spiritual, do believe there has to be some higher form, and hey, there's a lot of knowledge in the things Jesus said, but I've always questioned mankind's take on and motivations for organized religion.  Life is a journey, and I believe it's important to question things as we experience more when we get older, so it's a never ending journey for me.  I don't claim the power to preach anything, so that's why this is a bit strange for me that simply wanting to show off the idea of someone using Lego's in a creative and somewhat funny way to show Bible stories can bring people to religion.

If I brought people together in some way because of this or added positive spirituality in somebody's life, I seriously think that's great, but I assure you that wasn't my intent.  I respect anybody's beliefs as long as they don't judge me for mine (see the ramblings of old poster ISLIPP for what I'm talking about).
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons

Sir why would anyone judge you for your way of believing you surely have NOT JUDGED us in our belief in God.  We all have our personal feelings and beliefs about this subject.  So please Sir do not get upset and I feel just as strongly for your way of believing as well as mine.  Please Sir relax and enjoy life.  Sorry if I had done anything to hurt you.  That was NOT MY INTENTIONS when I mentioned that the messages on the site led me to my salvation.

Please Sir (friend?) enjoy the rest of your week and relax.

Sir I would never criticize or judge anyone for anything.  You have made me feel welcome here.  You were the first one who gave me ecouragement on how to post here when I was new.  So sir I would never judge anyone.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Maybe it's the atheist in me, but I find that website ironically amusing... did anyone notice that it has a ratings system (?!)...

- CONTENT NOTICE -
The Bible contains material some may consider morally objectionable and/or inappropriate for children. These labels identify stories containing:

N = nudity  S = sexual content  V = violence  C = cursing

Offline metaldams

Sir why would anyone judge you for your way of believing you surely have NOT JUDGED us in our belief in God.  We all have our personal feelings and beliefs about this subject.  So please Sir do not get upset and I feel just as strongly for your way of believing as well as mine.  Please Sir relax and enjoy life.  Sorry if I had done anything to hurt you.  That was NOT MY INTENTIONS when I mentioned that the messages on the site led me to my salvation.

Please Sir (friend?) enjoy the rest of your week and relax.

Sir I would never criticize or judge anyone for anything.  You have made me feel welcome here.  You were the first one who gave me ecouragement on how to post here when I was new.  So sir I would never judge anyone.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

Diane, I was just extremely surprised by the strong reaction, not hurt or anything.  Part of the reason is because I wasn't prostelyzing, and as BeAStooge hinted above, I don't believe this site was either.  Nobody has said anything wrong, so you have no reason to apologize.

...and why would people judge me?  Ask them.  There are some people out there who feel it is their God-given duty to get the rest of the world to think as they do, and this applies to all religions.  Nobody posting in this thread as far as I can see, but we've had a past poster who basically read a list of which sects of Christianity are or aren't going to Hell, and I've met several people, a few I'm related to, who make it a point to give potshots because I and others don't believe as they do. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
As another irreligious-atheist-heathen I look at the site and think that someone has way too much time on their hands. I agree with Brent about it being "ironically amusing".

While we're on the taboo subject of religion, and thankfully without Eric around to proselytize (that one's for you Doug), I find Christianity to be very boring. Lest anyone get upset, I'm not judging you the Christian, but the religion itself. The Jewish Family Tree (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) bores the living shit out of me, not to mention that these religions (cults) encompass entirely too much of the world today.

Religion is indeed the opiate of the masses, and if people started to learn to think and figure things out for themselves instead of making a feeble attempt to interpret some archaic tomes the world would not be in the big fucking mess that it is right now.

If I absolutely had to choose a religion it would probably be the Raelians...if only for the futuristic sex bots.

http://rael.org/
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir's:

Sir's I would like to make one last post here and then I will never return to this section again.  It looks like I am upsetting too many people here that I did not mean to upset.  I would like to extend my deepest appologies to each and everyone of you.  I hope we can still be somewhat friends with one another.  Again Sir's please accept my sincere appologies for anything misfortunes I may have caused like I said I did not want that to every happen.

Really Sorry
Moron4392
Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra [3stooges]

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You're not upsetting anybody Diane...I don't know where you got that idea from.

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Shemps#1):

Thank you so very much sir for your kind post to my post.  I just felt like I was hurting peoples feelings Sir and that is not my nature.
Again Sir thank you so kindly.

Enjoy your remaining portion of this week Sir.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline metaldams

You're not upsetting anybody Diane...I don't know where you got that idea from.

I agree.  Diane, the only thing that's upsetting is that you think you're upsetting us.  ;)  Seriously Diane, if you or anybody else ever say something to upset me, I'll let you know, but trust me, you're fine. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I agree.  Diane, the only thing that's upsetting is that you think you're upsetting us.  ;)  Seriously Diane, if you or anybody else ever say something to upset me, I'll let you know, but trust me, you're fine. 

Agreed. Diane is totally polite.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

Diane: Nobody is upset at you. We all love ya!!  ;D

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sirs: (Metaldams. JRVass, and XRaffle):

Just want to thank all of you gentlemen for making me feel more relaxed about my postings here.  I was starting to feel a bit tense about things until you gentlemen came along and bailed me out.

Thank you Sirs I do appreciate it.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra ;D
Moron4392 [stooges]

Offline Justin T

As another irreligious-atheist-heathen I look at the site and think that someone has way too much time on their hands. I agree with Brent about it being "ironically amusing".

While we're on the taboo subject of religion, and thankfully without Eric around to proselytize (that one's for you Doug), I find Christianity to be very boring. Lest anyone get upset, I'm not judging you the Christian, but the religion itself. The Jewish Family Tree (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) bores the living shit out of me, not to mention that these religions (cults) encompass entirely too much of the world today.

Religion is indeed the opiate of the masses, and if people started to learn to think and figure things out for themselves instead of making a feeble attempt to interpret some archaic tomes the world would not be in the big fucking mess that it is right now.

If I absolutely had to choose a religion it would probably be the Raelians...if only for the futuristic sex bots.

http://rael.org/

I have to be honest in that I dont agree with what you said, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if you don't agree.

God gave us free will so we have the choice of believing in him or not. I don't judge you for that, its your choice if you don't want to believe.

Like Metaladams said, As long as you dont judge me for my beliefs or openly mock me for what I believe in, we wont have any problems.
Besides, if we can have civil talks about baseball despite me being a Yankee fan and you a Red Sox fan I'm not that
worried about it.  [3stooges]

That's all I'm going to say on that and move on.

Diane, It was very nice what you said and the others are right, you didnt say or do anything wrong.
Glad you feel better  [pie]
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (Justin T):

Thank you kindly Sir for your helpfulness to me.  I surely appreciate it.  I would like to direct one post to all of you gentlemen.  Since I joined your site this November past, you gentlemen have done nothing but made me feel welcome and wanted here and I do have to admit when I first started here I was more nevouser "THAN A CAT IN A ROOM OF MOVING ROCKING CHAIRS."  But you gentlemen have put that in the past.  Thank you one and all.  Truely appreciate it. And in closing yes I am a baseball fan and I have to put in my two cents worth to me it's the Detroit Tigers (since I am from Michigan).

Again Gentlemen once again thanks and please enjoy the remaining portion of your week.

Thankfully yours:

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [stooges] 

xraffle

What's weird is that I believe in God, but I don't approve of everything that Religions do. They do a lot of crazy things that I find so stupid. As a Catholic, I don't understand why we are forced to go to church every week, go to confession when we sin, fast and abstain from meat during Easter season, etc... Why can't we just keep God in our hearts and love Him?