Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Here's a book you may enjoy!

Offline Hammond Eggar

If you're anything like me, you grew-up with Saturday mornings being an institution full of sugary breakfast cereals and plenty of cartoon programs filling the airwaves of NBC, CBS and ABC.  Everything from classic Looney Tunes to various Hanna-Barbera productions were the fare of the day.  I grew-up in the 1970s and '80s, but the Saturday morning ritual goes back much futher than that.  I have found a book listed on Amazon which celebrates this shared ritual, and traces it's origins.  It sounds as though it would make for an extremely fun read.  The book is titled Saturday Morning Fever: Growing up with Cartoon Culture.  Has anyone read this book, or even heard of it, for that matter?  Below is a link to Amazon's page for the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Saturday-Morning-Fever-Growing-Cartoon/dp/0312169965/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206993892&sr=8-1

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Never heard of it, looks like from the copyright it came out in 1999. Lots of shows I watched way back then though.  I have a great book i bought back in 88 by Jerry Beck (classic cartoonist historical author) and it has a complete (up to the 80's) of all the classic Looney Tunes And Merry Melodies cartoons with synopsis and pics to some of the toons.   Highly recommended for anyone who wants a knowledge of some of the greatest cartoons ever released in theatres and TV.

Don't know if its still available but its called "Looney Tunes And Merry Melodies" A complete guide to the Warner Brothers cartoons.

The book you linked looks to be a tabletop book (lots of pics and not as much tidbits) but Its hard to tell without leafing thru it in person.

Robin

Offline busybuddy

If you click "Search Inside of This Book" and look through the index, the Stooges are mentioned twice throughout the book.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline archiezappa

Sounds like an interesting read.  Actually, both of those books do.  I grew up in the 80's watching cartoons every Saturday morning.  Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies was and always will be my favorite cartoon series.  They are the best.  I'm interested in both of those books.  You know, I miss my Saturday mornings.  If they had a 2 to 4 hour Looney Tunes marathon every Saturday morning, I'd definitely tune in.  Those were the best.

And while they're at it, they could throw in a few 3 Stooges shorts.   ;)