Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Curly died 56 years ago today (w/ video)

moe-jo

poor dude...so gifted and so young...and he was kind of cute, too...

Offline curlysdame

and he was kind of cute, too...

Cute?   Omg, He was a hot tamale!!   :-*  nyuk nyuk
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

moe-jo

Offline curlysdame

let's not get into this here.   [pie]   'might be a topic for a 'ladies only' forum.  lol

(ps: curly's hotter  nyuk nyuk)
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

moe-jo

Offline busybuddy

where are the ladies only forums?
(ps: Moe is super-sexy)

I hope you're joking.
I think Birdie will go for that!

moe-jo

Offline curlysdame

Ok, Ok, let's have a little more respect for this topic, huh?   :police:

Offline mankey8284

Yes I know there hasn't been a reply to this topic in two years, so sue me for being late, lol. But I totally agree with curlysdame, Curly was H-O-T. Yum yum  ;D
"I'm trying to think and nothing happens!" ~Curly
"I lost my ba-lance." ~Larry
"I'll knock your head right through your socks" ~Moe
"There I am pretty as a picture. Yeah, of an ape" ~Shemp and Moe
"Is that the sun up there? I don't know I'm new in town" ~Larry and Curly
"You'll never know just what tears are, till you've cried, like you've made me cry"
"What stupid, imbecilic fool put that u--I did! Oh, am I dumb" ~Larry
"What a day." ~Curly
"Who is it?" ~Larry
"Do you know what that paper was? Hot?" ~Moe & Curly

Offline curlysdame

I believe Jerry was in a sanitarium because it was the only place that was suited to care for someone in his (fargone) state; at that point, there was nothing a hospital could do for him.  I don't think Baldy View was a sanitarium in the sense we think of today: along the lines of a mental hospital.  According to dictionary.com, a sanitarium really is:

san·i·tar·i·um
–noun, plural -tar·i·ums
an institution for the preservation or recovery of health, esp. for convalescence; health resort.

I'm sure it was more like a convalescent home; there's no way Moe would've put Jerry in a mental hospital.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I believe Jerry was in a sanitarium because it was the only place that was suited to care for someone in his (fargone) state; at that point, there was nothing a hospital could do for him.  I don't think Baldy View was a sanitarium in the sense we think of today: along the lines of a mental hospital.  According to dictionary.com, a sanitarium really is:

san·i·tar·i·um
–noun, plural -tar·i·ums
an institution for the preservation or recovery of health, esp. for convalescence; health resort.

I'm sure it was more like a convalescent home; there's no way Moe would've put Jerry in a mental hospital.

That's right; think of the "Standish Sanitarium" that Groucho was put in charge of in A Day at the Races.

Offline metaldams

That's right; think of the "Standish Sanitarium" that Groucho was put in charge of in A Day at the Races.

Criminy, I was going to post the EXACT same thing.  I'm scared.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Offline Boid Brain

It would have made no difference if Curly had lived....Columbia stopped putting money into the shorts. Production values were reduced to shit, no more exterior filming, all just studio shit with recycled scenes all over the place. Their time was up.

They had a great run for 20 years.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
It would have made no difference if Curly had lived....Columbia stopped putting money into the shorts. Production values were reduced to shit, no more exterior filming, all just studio shit with recycled scenes all over the place. Their time was up.

They had a great run for 20 years.
I don't know.  While I agree that MLC were the best trio, I'm not opposed to the Shemp shorts.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!