Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sony's DVD Release Schedule (link inside)

Offline falsealarms

Click here to see Sony's upcoming DVD release schedule

Volume 1 (1934-1936) = October 30 2007
Volume 2 (1937-1939) = May 27 2008
Volume 3 (1940-1942) = August 26 2008
Volume 4 (1943-1945) = October 7 2008
Volume 5 (1946-1948) = March 17 2009
Volume 6 (1949-1951) = June 16 2009
Volume 7 (1952-1954) = November 10 2009
Volume 8 (1955-1959) = June 1 2010

Buy Them Here!

You may also find release date info at VideoETA and/or The Digital Bits
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:12:28 PM by falsealarms »

ThumpTheShoes

Gotta keep the market saturated with Life of Brian releases! Now that's important, ain't it?

Offline locoboymakesgood

Real shocker.

Their priorities are out of whack.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline JazzBill

Gotta keep the market saturated with Life of Brian releases! Now that's important, ain't it?
Oh Yeah ! You better believe I got Feb. 5th marked down for that "Tootsie" release.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline busybuddy

This is second time Life of Brian has been released, and the Holy Grail was released twice! I think it's ridiculous that movies can be released numerous times before 90% of the Stooges get released once!
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline locoboymakesgood

It's called double-dipping. With the way Sony's looking at this, we're saps since most of us bought the themed discs to begin with, now we're double-dipping for the chronological releases.

That's how most studios work. That's why I tend to hold off on most shoddy new releases since chances are down the road it'll get a better release. Although the Life of Brian coming out is on par with the Criterion release, which is superior to the original Sony..

Also Holy Grail is going on its 3rd release. There was a single disc edition, then the SE that came out back in 99/2000.. now another one this year.

Offline archiezappa

Why can't Sony just be straight with us?  They could just tell us what the deal is.  Or what their plan for the Three Stooges is.  They could let us know, so we wouldn't have to be like Larry: "I wonder..."

I just thought of something funny.  A Three Stooges episode where they work for a film company.  They're trying to remaster the films, but everything keeps going wrong.  Slapstick ensues.  Vernon Dent is their boss and can't seem to get the DVD's released on time.  Emil Sitka is the janitor.  The Stooges are the ones working on the films, but they keep getting distracted by Curly's messes and the boss's secretary: Christine McIntyre.  Maybe that's what's happening.  Who knows?  I wonder...

Offline locoboymakesgood

Why can't Sony just be straight with us?  They could just tell us what the deal is.  Or what their plan for the Three Stooges is.  They could let us know, so we wouldn't have to be like Larry: "I wonder..."

I just thought of something funny.  A Three Stooges episode where they work for a film company.  They're trying to remaster the films, but everything keeps going wrong.  Slapstick ensues.  Vernon Dent is their boss and can't seem to get the DVD's released on time.  Emil Sitka is the janitor.  The Stooges are the ones working on the films, but they keep getting distracted by Curly's messes and the boss's secretary: Christine McIntyre.  Maybe that's what's happening.  Who knows?  I wonder...
Well if both Curly and Emil Sitka are in this short then its during his last year as a Stooge. I think a plot like this would work better with Shemp. ;D

Offline archiezappa

Yeah, probably better with Shemp.  I didn't think about that one.  Especially, if Shemp is preoccupied with Christine McIntyre.  They had such a great onscreen chemistry.  Of course, this is all theoretical.  I guess this is another one of those "Shorts That Never Were."  There is a lot of potential here, though.

Moe:  Get the film.

Larry:  What film?

Moe:  The film we've been restoring for the last ten years.

Larry:  Oh, that film.

stooged and confused

Yeah, probably better with Shemp.  I didn't think about that one.  Especially, if Shemp is preoccupied with Christine McIntyre.  They had such a great onscreen chemistry.  Of course, this is all theoretical.  I guess this is another one of those "Shorts That Never Were."  There is a lot of potential here, though.

Moe:  Get the film.

Larry:  What film?

Moe:  The film we've been restoring for the last ten years.

Larry:  Oh, that film.

Now, that's funny! And probably a good premise for the malletheads working on the new Stooges movie. That's how they can tie in the old with the new. Have the "new" Stooges working at the studio trying to remaster the "old" films. "What film?" "The film we've been restoring for the last 10 years." That's a funny line, Archiezappa! I like that a lot!

xraffle

Now, that's funny! And probably a good premise for the malletheads working on the new Stooges movie.

Yeah, that reminds me. What ever happened to the new Stooges movie? Why the hell does that keep getting postponed?!?!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Yeah, that reminds me. What ever happened to the new Stooges movie? Why the hell does that keep getting postponed?!?
Some guy that did a horrible Curly impression is apparently friends with the Farrally's and replied to a thread on the subject awhile back. The project is still apparently going through, just no idea when.

Offline busybuddy

If you look at the Farrellys on imdb it says that the new Stooges movie is in preproduction and will be out in 2009. I know that imdb is not always reliable but that's what it said the last time I looked.

Offline busybuddy

I just went to imdb and found the stooges movie and clicked on "Full Synopsis" and it said that the Farrellys no longer have anything to do with this movie and the person who wrote that said he has no idea why it is still listed on Bobby Farrelly's page as an announced project in preproduction.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Don't bother me that this Stooges Bio is not in production yet.  I'd rather see a REAL bio from the Stooges surviving relatives telling their side of the story along with unseen clips and photos. 

And In a movie theatre near you!

Robin

Offline locoboymakesgood

Don't bother me that this Stooges Bio is not in production yet.  I'd rather see a REAL bio from the Stooges surviving relatives telling their side of the story along with unseen clips and photos. 

And In a movie theatre near you!

Robin
It wasn't going to be a bio. It was going to be a send-up of the shorts starring new actors in the role, Farrally Bros. style.

In other words, a big pile of shit.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"

Offline archiezappa

I would still like to see the movie get made.  It would be the best promotion for the DVD box sets.  As I said before, I don't think I would have the Coy & Vance season of the Dukes Of Hazzard if it weren't for that new movie that came out when they were releasing the box sets.  The Coy & Vance season is a lot like the Joe Besser era.  Many folks say they don't like them, but will buy them to have a complete set.  And besides, how can we argue about good and bad shorts, if we have no way of watching them.

Offline falsealarms

Releases are surfacing for planned Sony releases as late as 3/28... in this case, season 3 of Party of Five, which went 2 1/4 years between releases.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Party-Season-3/8726

xraffle

It annoys me that tvshowsondvd.com doesn't give any news about the stooges. They give news on Looney Tunes, Popeye and Tom & Jerry, but not the stooges. I find that so strange.

Offline locoboymakesgood

It annoys me that tvshowsondvd.com doesn't give any news about the stooges. They give news on Looney Tunes, Popeye and Tom & Jerry, but not the stooges. I find that so strange.
I asked them about that awhile back. They don't consider the Stooges a TV show, so they don't do information about it.

Weird.

xraffle

That is weird. If they don't consider the stooges as a TV show, then why do they consider Looney Tunes, Popeye and Tom & Jerry as TV shows? Those were also short subjects that were shown in theaters.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
That is weird. If they don't consider the stooges as a TV show, then why do they consider Looney Tunes, Popeye and Tom & Jerry as TV shows? Those were also short subjects that shown in theaters.

Exactly!  How can you call some short subject movies "TV shows" and ignore others?!
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline archiezappa

Yeah.  They're so inconsistent that it's crazy.  They should have a category for theatrical shorts.  Why isn't there a website for news of theatrical shorts on DVD?  Maybe someone needs to start one.  After which, all theatrical shorts that are on the television website should be moved over there.  Maybe these guys don't know the difference between a theater and a television?  I guess we all can't be geniuses.    :D

When I picked up my set at best buy it was located in the comedy movie section rather then in the television section, i know they are considered short movies but they are really a television show. They ran on tv for over 50 years and you know what bugs me the most is that tvland still doesnt consider them classic tv, they can air just shoot me and they laughed when i asked them to air the stooges