Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Order Stooge DVDs from Amazon (links inside)

Offline falsealarms

Using the Amazon links here supports this site as well. This site gets a small portion from the sales generated by these links.

ORDER THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION

This contains the previously released 8 volumes of all 190 shorts plus 3 more discs containing Shemp, Besser, and DeRita solo shorts, HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL, ROCKIN IN THE ROCKIES, and three cartoons.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUMES 1-8 - 1934-1959

This contains every Stooges short from 1934-1959.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 8 - 1955-1959

Volume 8 contains the 32 shorts the Stooges made from 1955-1959.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 7 - 1952-1954

Volume 7 contains the 22 shorts the Stooges made from 1952-1954.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 6 - 1949-1951

Volume 6 contains the 24 shorts the Stooges made from 1949-1951.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 5 - 1946-1948

Volume 5 contains the 25 shorts the Stooges made from 1946-1948.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 4 - 1943-1945

Volume 4 contains the 21 shorts the Stooges made from 1943-1945.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 3 - 1940-1942

Volume 3 contains the 23 shorts the Stooges made from 1940-1942.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 2 - 1937-1939

Volume 2 contains the 24 shorts the Stooges made from 1937-1939.

Buy it here from Amazon

ORDER VOLUME 1 - 1934-1936

Volume 1 contains the 19 shorts the Stooges made from 1934-1936.

Buy it here from Amazon
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:50:19 PM by falsealarms »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Thanks for posting those links, false.  I hadn't placed my preorder for Vol. 2 yet, so I just did!  ;D

Offline archiezappa

Nah.  I'm keen to find it in the store.  Granted, that can be more frustrating.  Well, I got volume one at my local Wal-Mart.  I'm hoping to do the same with volume 2.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Thanks for posting those links.

Reminder...
Amazon links are available/imbedded in the VIDEOGRAPHY, and on each film's individual FILMOGRAPHY page.

xraffle

Nah.  I'm keen to find it in the store.  Granted, that can be more frustrating.  Well, I got volume one at my local Wal-Mart.  I'm hoping to do the same with volume 2.

Same here. I had bad experience last time. Ordering online is torture. All that waiting. While it may take longer for me to find it in the store, I actually find it more fun rather than sitting at home in misery waiting for the darn thing to arrive.

Offline falsealarms

Well, judging by experiences with volume 1, finding it in a store may be best described as a goose chase. And it's probably a little cheaper online.

xraffle

Well, judging by experiences with volume 1, finding it in a store may be best described as a goose chase. And it's probably a little cheaper online.

Not really. When I pre-ordered Volume 1, I found it at a store 6 days before my DVD arrived in the mail.

Offline falsealarms

I usually get my stuff from Amazon in less than 6 days (especially if ordered in the early/middle part of the week) ... and that's with normal shipping. This is assuming the item is in stock of course.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I've never had a problem with Amazon. But I guess I'm more laid back about shipping. Lord knows I have plenty of unread books and unwatched DVD's stacked up to occupy my time!

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

I've never had a problem with Amazon. But I guess I'm more laid back about shipping. Lord knows I have plenty of unread books and unwatched DVD's stacked up to occupy my time!

James

I'm laid back about shipping too but when I pre-ordered Volume 1, I was probably the last person on this site to receive my copy. Everyone here was having a nice discussion about it before I even received it.

Offline ProfessorStooge

I pre-ordered Volume 2 last week. I am so looking forward to seeing all 190 shorts released on DVD. For the heck of it, I have predicted how all the shorts will be packaged in subsequent volumes.

Number in parentheses indicates number of shorts in each set, provided that each set has 2 discs.

Volume 1: 1934-1936 (19)
                Volume 2: 1937-1939 (24)
                Volume 3: 1940-1942 (23)
                Volume 4: 1943-1945 (21)
                Volume 5: 1946-1948 (25)
                Volume 6: 1949-1951 (24)
                Volume 7: 1952-1954 (22)
                Volume 8: 1955-1956 (16)
                Volume 9: 1957-1959 (16)

I used the book The Complete Three Stooges to help me out.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I pre-ordered Volume 2 last week. I am so looking forward to seeing all 190 shorts released on DVD. For the heck of it, I have predicted how all the shorts will be packaged in subsequent volumes.

Number in parentheses indicates number of shorts in each set, provided that each set has 2 discs.

Volume 1: 1934-1936 (19)
                Volume 2: 1937-1939 (24)
                Volume 3: 1940-1942 (23)
                Volume 4: 1943-1945 (21)
                Volume 5: 1946-1948 (25)
                Volume 6: 1949-1951 (24)
                Volume 7: 1952-1954 (22)
                Volume 8: 1955-1956 (16)
                Volume 9: 1957-1959 (16)

I used the book The Complete Three Stooges to help me out.

How do you think the movies will be released ? for my guess I think that all 5 movies will come out in one set .

Offline metaldams

How do you think the movies will be released ? for my guess I think that all 5 movies will come out in one set .

I agree.  Sony has released a few little horror box sets that way, so I see no reason why they'd treat The Stooges differently.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shempee

Hi im new on this board
does anyone know if there is going to be a release on blue ray in HD?

Offline falsealarms

Hi im new on this board
does anyone know if there is going to be a release on blue ray in HD?

There are no plans for that. It's hard to imagine these 70 year old shorts looking much better than they did on vol 1.

xraffle

WRONG .... if they had no plans to release it in Blu Ray then when they remastered them, they would have never remastered them in 1080p, they would have remastered them in 480i

they will look 100 TIMES BETTER on BLU RAY Ray than they do on REGULAR DVD, because BLU RAY gives us 6 times the resolution.

If you think I am not saying the truth, then check out a movie on DVD and BLU RAY side be side  and you will see the difference

Movies today are filmed in HD. So, yes, you will see a difference when comparing them side by side with Bluray and DVD. The stooges, on the other hand, were not filmed in HD. So, while there may be a difference when releasing them on Bluray, the improvement in picture quality won't be all that significant.

Offline JazzBill

Yeah xraffle, I thought everyone knew that !  ???
headstooge, your typing looks strangely familiar.  :police:
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

Yeah xraffle, I thought everyone knew that !  ???

Yeah, I didn't know and I really don't care. Bluray is such a waste, if you ask me.

headstooge, your typing looks strangely familiar.  :police:

Uh oh!! Yeah, that typing is very familiar. Same typing with the same Bluray obsession and the same avatar! I think we have a winner here!!!

Offline JazzBill

That didn't take long. [cheers]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
It might have happened even sooner, but I had gone out to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  (Excellent, btw.  It was fun seeing Indy in action again, and Karen Allen is still cute and spunky.)   ;D

xraffle

It might have happened even sooner, but I had gone out to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  (Excellent, btw.  It was fun seeing Indy in action again, and Karen Allen is still cute and spunky.)   ;D

Thanks. Jim can now disregard the PM I sent him.

Offline JazzBill

You can usually tell the difference between someone banned by Rob or someone banned by shemps#1. Rob is a silent assassin. One minute you're there, the next minute you're gone. With shemps#1 it's a little different. First he likes to bitch slap you around, verbally abuse you , eat your young and THEN you get banned.

xraffle

You can usually tell the difference between someone banned by Rob or someone banned by shemps#1. Rob is a silent assassin. One minute you're there, the next minute you're gone. With shemps#1 it's a little different. First he likes to bitch slap you around, verbally abuse you , eat your young and THEN you get banned.

Yeah, I knew it was Rob that banned him. But I sent a PM to Jim since he was the one who originally warned the person. But since Rob already took care of everything, Jim can now ignore the PM.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Rob is a silent assassin. One minute you're there, the next minute you're gone.

[spy]

I guess it's all that time playing World of Warcraft.  (I like to play characters with long-range abilities; favorite weapon: crossbow.) 

With shemps#1 it's a little different. First he likes to bitch slap you around, verbally abuse you , eat your young and THEN you get banned.

He'll make you eat your parents.  I've seen him!   [yikes2]

Offline falsealarms

Six weeks before its release, vol 3 is all the way up to 78th among DVDs.