Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges' Graves

Offline scribe8585

Has anyone here ever visited the graves of any of the Stooges? A bit on the morbid side, yes, but it would be nice to truly pay your respects to them.

http://findadeath.com/Deceased/s/The%203%20Stooges/three_stooges.htm
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 03:05:12 AM by scribe8585 »

Offline Baggie

I haven't yet, no, but I'm moving to L.A for 8 months in a couple of years, and I plan to see many Stooge sites then.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline FineBari3

There is a website called findagrave.com, where you can get info on where that star is buried. You can even leave 'flowers' or a message. You can leave little 'stones', like the Jewish custom as well!

All of the Boys are on there.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Robbie883

yeah i learned about that a while back. Its a nice way to pay your respects. I am goin in person though some day.

Offline Malison_Howard

I plan to move in L.A. after I graduate collage. Im going to see if I can vist the gaves. Ive came across findagrave.com
Please come to my Three Stooges Message Board! We need members really bad since its new.

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Stooge_Message_Board

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Has anyone here ever visited the graves of any of the Stooges? A bit on the morbid side, yes, but it would be nice to truly pay your respects to them.

I've visited the resting sites of all six Stooges, and Ted Healy.  Plus Lou Costello, Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, and some of the Stooges' costars.

Pilsner Panther

Visiting graves is a little too morbid for me, as I like to think of my favorite entertainers as they were when they were alive. However, I have visited the graves of Fred Allen and Babe Ruth, since they're both buried near my father, my grandparents, two aunts, and two uncles of mine in Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Westchester County, N.Y.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
"That's too, too morbid."

"The morbid, the merrier!"  ;D

Pilsner Panther

I plan to move in L.A. after I graduate collage. Im going to see if I can vist the gaves. Ive came across findagrave.com

Well, if you're planning to graduate from a "collage," your degree will be nothing but patchwork.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do on my vacation, but now I know: "Im going to see if I can vist the gaves."

And you can all be sure that I'll be watching out for the Slithy Toves, and the Jabberwock, too!

Jim, you can take it from here— you'll get a five-star rating from yours truly for being extra-creative with this priceless material. Ahem...

;)

If you came or come a cross extra good, better, or, what I mean like, comed acrossed, like with it, ya know? Then you gotten a great futuer behind you.

>:D

« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 12:17:48 AM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline FineBari3

Visiting graves is a little too morbid for me, as I like to think of my favorite entertainers as they were when they were alive. However, I have visited the graves of Fred Allen and Babe Ruth, since they're both buried near my father, my grandparents, two aunts, and two uncles of mine in Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Westchester County, N.Y.

The cemetary that Shemp and Larry are buried in (Hollywood Hills??) and the same one as Marilyn Monroe, is a very hip cemetary. There was a documentary made about it, which I cant remember. It was on HBO a few years back.

It is a 'hip' cemetary, as some young people bought it, as it was in disrepair, and do really neat things with it. Things like you can make a video of yourself and life before you die, and your mourners can go and select it on a touch-screen and watch it. The grounds are kept pristine, and people come to sit and relax there.

Damn....anybody know more about this cemetary? Pilsner???
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Pilsner Panther

The cemetary that Shemp and Larry are buried in (Hollywood Hills??) and the same one as Marilyn Monroe, is a very hip cemetary. There was a documentary made about it, which I cant remember. It was on HBO a few years back.

It is a 'hip' cemetary, as some young people bought it, as it was in disrepair, and do really neat things with it. Things like you can make a video of yourself and life before you die, and your mourners can go and select it on a touch-screen and watch it. The grounds are kept pristine, and people come to sit and relax there.

Damn....anybody know more about this cemetary? Pilsner???

No, not me— I have a sister who lives in L.A., but she's not into visiting cemetaries any more than I am. Besides, the Hollywood funeral business just hasn't been the same since Mr. Joyboy retired (see "The Loved One" by Evelyn Waugh).

:)

Offline Genius In the Lamp

• Unofficial genealogist of pretty blonde daughters of Canadian mining engineers
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
The cemetary that Shemp and Larry are buried in (Hollywood Hills??) and the same one as Marilyn Monroe, is a very hip cemetary.

Actually, they are all interred in different cemeteries.  Larry is at Forest Lawn-Glendale, Shemp is at Home of Peace (as is Curly), and Marilyn Monroe is at Westwood Memorial Park.

I've only been to L.A. 2-3 times (the last time was about 5 years ago), and the only Stooge grave I was able to visit was Moe (at Hillside in Culver City).  I have also been to Westwood Memorial and Holy Cross (but was unaware of Christine McIntyre's grave there at the time).
"I like very much your English punk rock stars, you know, your Lulu, your Dave Clark Five!"  - Jerzy Balowski

Offline FineBari3

The cemetary that Shemp and Larry are buried in (Hollywood Hills??) and the same one as Marilyn Monroe, is a very hip cemetary.

Actually, they are all interred in different cemeteries.  Larry is at Forest Lawn-Glendale, Shemp is at Home of Peace (as is Curly), and Marilyn Monroe is at Westwood Memorial Park.

I've only been to L.A. 2-3 times (the last time was about 5 years ago), and the only Stooge grave I was able to visit was Moe (at Hillside in Culver City).  I have also been to Westwood Memorial and Holy Cross (but was unaware of Christine McIntyre's grave there at the time).

It is the one where Rudolph Valentino is buried, that I am sure. I dont know about the others. Hmmmm....
Mar-Jean Zamperini