Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Holiday Greetings From Jack Benny

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Look (& listen) for Benny Rubin in a couple cameos...

[youtube=425,350]NhW1GjVxVUA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:20:59 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Bumping again...

Jack's 1960 Christmas show adapted an annual, running gag from his radio show, and turned it into one of his funniest TV episodes... with help from Mel Blanc, Benny Rubin, Charlie Cantor, Frank Nelson, Richard Deacon, Maxine Semon, Rolfe Sedan, and of course, Rochester, Don and Dennis.

And, a Jack Benny bonus... with Laurel & Hardy in THE HOLLYWOOD REVUE OF 1929...
[youtube=425,350]g9La1WCRo9w[/youtube]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Boid Brain

Jack Benny...I like the guy but let's face it: He was not talented at all...no voices, no accents, no faces. Basically a deadpan comic. He was good in radio, but that's it. All this love for him is missdirected....sorry. BTW...the same goes for George Burns w/o Gracie...NO talent motherfuckers.

Skelton...Hope...they were good. Benny was shit.

Offline OldFred

The genius of Jack Benny was that he allowed others to have the punchline, while he was the butt of the joke. He surrounded himself with top comic talents. While other comics like Milton Berle or Jerry Lewis would make sure they always had the punchline, Benny would let Rochester or Mary Livingstone have the laugh while he reacted to it. Benny was famous for his pauses. Just the look on his face was enough. The longer he paused, the bigger the laugh, because the audience could just imagine what he was thinking.

I've played Jack Benny in several stage reproductions of his radio scripts, and Benny always had the best writers and the scripts are as funny today as they were when first performed. And the pauses still work. I've done shows playing Benny and the longer I held the pause, the bigger the laugh I got. That was the genius of Jack Benny.

http://www.jackbennyshow.com/index.html

http://noahscomedypalace.blogspot.com/2009/06/jack-benny-your-money-or-your-life_12.html

[youtube=425,350]4LkVjd3v9mQ[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]O9s8U0O0XPE[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]3wNK1Jt4JLg[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]mUd1-_91YTk[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]JA_r1Ynl4Ls[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]M68b2yww32A[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]kY2YWkqOZ0o[/youtube]

Offline Boid Brain

The genius of Jack Benny was that he allowed others to have the punchline, while he was the butt of the joke. He surrounded himself with top comic talents. While other comics like Milton Berle or Jerry Lewis would make sure they always had the punchline, Benny would let Rochester or Mary Livingstone have the laugh while he reacted to it. Benny was famous for his pauses. Just the look on his face was enough. The longer he paused, the bigger the laugh, because the audience could just imagine what he was thinking.

I've played Jack Benny in several stage reproductions of his radio scripts, and Benny always had the best writers and the scripts are as funny today as they were when first performed. And the pauses still work. I've done shows playing Benny and the longer I held the pause, the bigger the laugh I got. That was the genius of Jack Benny.

http://www.jackbennyshow.com/index.html

http://noahscomedypalace.blogspot.com/2009/06/jack-benny-your-money-or-your-life_12.html

[youtube=425,350]4LkVjd3v9mQ[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]O9s8U0O0XPE[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]3wNK1Jt4JLg[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]mUd1-_91YTk[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]JA_r1Ynl4Ls[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]M68b2yww32A[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]kY2YWkqOZ0o[/youtube]
I re-watched Jack on What's my line and I must admit the man is funny...BTW: Late nite Black and White is back on the GSN! WML and IGAS back to back again. I guess they came back on on Monday, but I just found out tonite...gotta go watch it right now! ;D

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead