Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Christmas with Sonny and Cher

Offline Hammond Eggar

Here's a Christmas medley from Sonny and Cher's TV variety program.  This clip is from 1976, and features their daughter Chastity, Bernadette Peters and Captain Kangaroo.  Enjoy! ;D

[youtube=425,350]NQzvRH9EMYk[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Thanks For the Christmas Cheer. Always loved Sonny & Cher and watched the show every week thru all the changes. And Bernadette and Captain Kangaroo to boot. Too bad shows like this are no longer but thru YouTube and our memories they last forevermore.

Happy Holidays To All Of You!

Robin

Offline Hammond Eggar

I love Sonny and Cher.  What a great combination they made, musically speaking.  I'm especially fond of Sonny.  I actually own a CD copy of his rare solo LP, Inner Views.  It sure makes for an interesting listen.  I do wish some company would begin releasing complete seasons of their variety shows on DVD, as well as Sonny's brief solo program.  Oh, well.  "The beat goes on. . ." ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
Yeah, I picked up that Sonny 1967 LP (in mono) at a record show about 10 years ago. I think the main song was supposed to be "My best friends girl is outasite". Thats the first I heard of it on CD.

Robin

Offline Hammond Eggar

Yeah, I picked up that Sonny 1967 LP (in mono) at a record show about 10 years ago. I think the main song was supposed to be "My best friends girl is outasite". Thats the first I heard of it on CD.

Robin

Rhino Records has an on-line division called Rhino Handmade.  All Handmade releases are sold in limited-edition, and can only be purchased through the website.  I've been able to find some really interesting releases through Handmade, including two Monkees compilations consisting of live concerts from 1967, as well as outtakes and alternate mixes from the Headquarters sessions.  It appears that Sonny's album is out of print, but here's a link to the site's page about the release.

http://www.rhinohandmade.com/browse/ProductLink.lasso?Number=7704

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
Never knew that was released on CD. I'll have to check that site (outasite!) more often.  Also interesting on the site where they (ATCO) made radio friendly versions of some of the songs for airplay. I remember the Pammies on a bummer song when I last listened to it about 10 or so years ago lol. Thanks for the info on the Rhino releases.

I also picked up that Monkees Headquarters set from them when It was released  I know they only released 4500 of them. So now I now they sold at least 2 or them lol.

Robin

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I'll snip this heavily... but it is a source of old albums. James

Dear James :

The following new items have arrived! We feel they may be of interest to you based on your previous orders or inquiries through our website.
Take a look and get back to us as soon as possible if you are interested, as some items are limited to one copy only!

-----------------------------------
"":

" jazz ":

... jazz : 10", lowe, mundell (quintet), s/t (1954 original), rca/victor ljm-3002, $100.00

... jazz : 10", tatum, art (trio), s/t (1953 original with slam stewart), capitol h408, $100.00

... jazz : lp, basie, count, basie in europe (1985 original-japanese issue! early 70s live album), yx-7354-sl, $40.00

... jazz : lp, ellington, duke (& his orchestra), and his mother called him bill (1968 original), rca/victor lsp-3906, $45.00

... jazz : lp, ellington, duke (& his orchestra), live in paris (1968 original-british only issue), magic awe 19, $35.00

snip

... jazz : lp, various artists, the be bop era (1965 original! with dizzy gilespie, lucky thompson, charlie parker, charlie ventura, john lewis, miles davis, kenny clarke, fats navarro & more), rca/victor vintage series lpv-519, $40.00

... jazz : lp, various artists, the panassie sessions (1967 original-still sealed! with sidney bechet, pete brown, al casey, coze cole, sidney de paris, james p. johnson, john kirby, tommy ladnier, mezz mezzrow, & frankie newton), rca/victor vintage series lpv-542, $40.00

" singlesclassic ":

... singlesclassic : 7", tomorrow (keith west/mark wirtz orchestra), theme from "a teenage opera"/excerpt from "a teenage...", new voice 825, $40.00

... singlesclassic : 7", wences, senor, 's all right?-'s all right!/deefeecult for you-easy for me, joy 45-228 (ps), $20.00

Snip

... soul : lp, warwick, dionne, greatest motion picture hits (1969 original-still sealed!), scepter sps 575, $45.00

If you are interested in any of these items, you may place your order at http://www.vvmo.com , or call us at 847-328-2899.

If you have any specific want items you're looking for or want general categories to match your interests, drop us a line and we shall add them to your entry.  This way you will be the first to know when they come into stock.
If you no longer wish to be notified of future arrivals, please let us know and we will remove you from our list.

Thank you for your patronage!
Vintage Vinyl

Join us on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/vintage_vinyl_shop
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline triso

Here's a Christmas medley from Sonny and Cher's TV variety program.  This clip is from 1976, and features their daughter Chastity, Bernadette Peters and Captain Kangaroo.  Enjoy! ;D
It is shows like that, which turned me off of TV from 1976 onward.  Hokey songs and poor lip-syncing bring me back to Donny and Marie.  Shudder!
What does feedin' the lions got ta do wit' us?  Hmmph!