Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge goof in Hoi Polloi?

Offline Waldo Twitchell

I don't know if this qualifies as a goof but I've always noticed during Curly's shaving scene at the party that the lather on his face suddenly appears thicker after the close-up of him preparing to shave.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I don't know if this qualifies as a goof but I've always noticed during Curly's shaving scene at the party that the lather on his face suddenly appears thicker after the close-up of him preparing to shave.

I'd say that qualifies as a "Stooge Goof", Waldo.  My VCR is messed up so I can't double-check that right now, and I honestly don't remember that, so can anyone else confirm it?

Waldo, you can go ahead and submit that on the episode page, and if we can confirm it I'll approve it right away.  (If you don't see the link, try logging out of the forum and then back in again.)

xraffle

I just checked and Waldo caught a great goof, one that I never noticed before. There is a close-up of Curly putting on a very thin lather of shaving cream on his face. Then, right after the close-up, the lather gets thicker, especially under his chin.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline busybuddy

Since we're on the subject of goofs, in Violent in the Word for Curly, I noticed two goofs during Swinging the Alphabet:

1: The singing girls say "curly's a dope" yet they don't know his name is Curly, he's using a professor's name

2: when the stooges do their instrumental break, the girls are harmonizing, yet it shows them talking and laughing at the boys
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline porcupinefan87

funny you'd mention the fact that they do not know his name, my mom mentioned that the other day haha. Certain goofs such as that are endearing though.
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

xraffle

There was a similar goof in "Movie Maniacs" during the kissing scene. One woman says "Oh Mr. Howard" even though the people at the studio were not supposed to know their names.

Offline JazzBill

There was a similar goof in "Movie Maniacs" during the kissing scene. One woman says "Oh Mr. Howard" even though the people at the studio were not supposed to know their names.

That scene is cut in my AMC tape, but it's in my Stoogeapalooza tape.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline archiezappa

Maybe their disguises just never really worked in the episodes.  The girls in "Violent" knew who Curly was.  And the girls in "Movie Maniacs" know a Howard brother when they see one.  Just a thought.

Offline JazzBill

In "Movie Maniacs", I think they might have been playing a joke on Curly, and left it in because it was funny.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Waldo Twitchell

I just submitted the 'shaving' goof, thanks for checking into this and xraffle for verifying it.

-Waldo Twitchell

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Okay, it's there now.  There was a glitch in the code that prevented it from being added to the table, but fortunately I was able to correct that and put it in.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

In "Movie Maniacs", I think they might have been playing a joke on Curly, and left it in because it was funny.

The "kissing scene" discrepancy is fully explained in The Three Stooges Journal # 100, featuring a transcription of the original script, with the Stooges as studio employees who burn down the soundstage.

A brief explanation appears on this site's filmography page for MOVIE MANIACS (1936).