Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Creating New Topics

Dunrobin · 99 · 54085

Offline Larrys#1

Well, IMO I think your 10 post rule in order to start new topics, sucks.  Why should I be forced to ask 10 lame questions or comment about things just to get to the next level when all I'm trying to find out is what episode moe sings rock-a bye baby, and the song ends with..."and break his little neck".  No handcuffs for me.  Lame forum.  I won't be back. Control freaks.

I think the episode you're looking for is "Three Loan Wolves" but I may be wrong because he does say "break your neck" but doesn't really sing Rock A Bye Baby.

There is a thread dedicated for questions for newbie members....

http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php/topic,778.0.html

It's only 10 posts. Not a big deal. Please don't leave. The more, the merrier.

Offline edweather

Larrys#1, You are the man.  Yes that's it, Three Lone Wolves.  Funny how memory can play tricks. I had to thank you.

Probably won't be back anytime soon though.  I belong to lot's of forums, and never have seen so much control freakishness. 10 posts, type these letters, answer these questions.....gimme a break.  Sorry, can't buy what you are sellin'.

Offline phil5775

Since I can't yet start a new topic, just want to say thank you for including the shooting dates for ALL the films, especially the Curly's. I've been trying what seems like forever to pinpoint when he had his first stroke, some time between Idiot's Deluxe and If A Body meets A Body. But after seeing the feature Rockin' In the Rockies, it's apparent that it occurred sometime between 10/44 (Idiot's Deluxe) and Rockin's 12/44 shooting date.

Also, we now know that Matriphony was the first short filmed after Pearl Harbor and the U.S.'s involvement in WWII.

Good job on the research.

Offline Larrys#1

Am I crazy? I just replied to some member Icabob Slipp here who asked about a female stooge fan. Now, I don't see the post??? Hmm. I think it's time for me to seek some help. I think I'm seeing things here.  :-\

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Am I crazy? I just replied to some member Icabob Slipp here who asked about a female stooge fan. Now, I don't see the post??? Hmm. I think it's time for me to seek some help. I think I'm seeing things here.  :-\

Sorry about that - it was my doing.  I was going to move the posts to a new "dating" thread, then thought about how that could get out of hand and deleted the whole thing.

No comment about whether you should seek help, by the way...  ;)

ICABOD SLIPP

Dunrobin
                  So Can You Find Me An Obsessed Female Fan ?
                  Did Anyone Enjoy The Stooges Owning The Jersey Shore Gang ,Including Moe Doing The Hand Follow On Jenny Farley ?  Too Hot !

Offline metaldams

Sorry about that - it was my doing.  I was going to move the posts to a new "dating" thread, then thought about how that could get out of hand and deleted the whole thing.

No comment about whether you should seek help, by the way...  ;)

A Stooge dating board?  Perhaps it's a good idea you let that idea pass, though my brother has told me I should go into a bar walk up to 100 women and use "Curly or Shemp?"  as a pick up line.  He says the one who answers is the girl for me.   :P  I'd actually be interested in the reactions of the other 99, that would make a hilarious YouTube video.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Cole

Uggh I can't start a new post so excuse me for posting this here. I'm desperately searching for the photo of Curly Howard dressed as the straw man in the episode Uncivil war birds. Anyone know where I can find it? Thanks!

Cole

Offline stoogerascalfan62

I have some issues myself, because for some time I've been wondering if Stanley Blystone and Fred Kelsey ever appeared in a Stooge short, or if they did a non-Stooge project.

Offline jwolf6589

We are frequently asked why Porcupines (new members) do not see a "New Topic" button on most of the boards.  New members are restricted to only posting replies until they have a total of 10 posts and advanced to the next level, Grapehead.  The reason for this restriction is a long story, but metaldams summed it up very well, recently, when he said:

To make it easier for new members to advance, I just modified the "Fan Reviews" section on the episode pages to count any new reviews towards your post count on the message boards.   This will let you quickly boost your total post count by reviewing a few of your favorite episodes.

The Fan Reviews are moderated, and won't be displayed or counted until they are approved by one of the Admins.  Please be sure to read Helpful Tips On Getting Your Fan Comment Posted before you begin adding reviews.

This explains it. I was confused.

Offline alex1

Glad I opened this thread. Could not understand why I could not start a new post.

Offline FavoriteisCurley

I too appreciate your explanation. I wondered why there was not a "posting" button. I want to thank you for putting this site together. I think it is a special bond that all 3 Stooges lovers have.

Thanks,
Mike

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 11:45:01 AM by metaldams »

Offline Theoted

• Porcupine
  • "Hold hands, you lovebirds."

Offline Curly Van Dyke

Anyone have a Guinn "Big Boy" Williams Columbia short with Louis Prima in it?
I believe it's from 1936.

Offline Curly Van Dyke

The Guinn Williams short is called "The Champ's a Chump" Columbia (1936)
Thanks.

Offline dom dip

OK, now I have more than 10 posts.  How come I'm still showing as "Porcupine"?

...Oh, I see.  It changes at 15, not 10.  Never mind.

15 posts?? What if the reply is too short or simple such as "hahaha" or "thats funny", does that still count as a post? hahaha. I'm at 5 posts so far.

Offline Tony Bensley

OK, I have either apparently forgotten how to start a new topic (Which I did not that long ago!), or whatever button I previously used isn't displaying on my page, for some unknown reason?

Anyway, I wish to start a new topic regarding the Warner Comedy Teams GOLD RAIDERS/MEET THE BARON DVD Combo, for which there have been numerous reports of GOLD RAIDERS not playing, and would greatly appreciate some assistance in being able to start new topics again, if at all possible.  Thanks!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Upper right corner of subforum (e.g. "General Discussion")... see "New Topic"
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Tony Bensley

Upper right corner of subforum (e.g. "General Discussion")... see "New Topic"
Thanks, Paul!  :)

Here's one out of the blue:  I watched I'll Never Heil Again last night - does anyone have a clue what kind of accent Mary Ainslee sports?  It's always the same, she doesn't seem to have put it on just for this one, but it seems completely idiosyncratic.

Offline Moe_Howard_Fan

Ive been a member here since 2005 ive only JUST got back into relogging back into this forum
i forgot i had an account here

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Ive been a member here since 2005 ive only JUST got back into relogging back into this forum
i forgot i had an account here

Welcome back!  We're glad to see a relatively new face around these parts.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Curly Van Dyke

I thought the team of Gus Schilling and Richard Lane was the best of the Columbia "instant" Teams.
They really worked well together with Dick,the fast-talking Bud Abbott type and Gus,the Patsy.
Gus had a great voice as well-sort of a cross between Phil Silvers and  Joe Besser.
Their short"Pardon my Terror" is great, seeing it was intended for the Stooges(later made as Who Done It?)
You get more Physical gags from the pair along with Stooge regulars Kenneth McDonald,Vernon Dent and Christine
McIntyre,

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I thought the team of Gus Schilling and Richard Lane was the best of the Columbia "instant" Teams.
They really worked well together with Dick,the fast-talking Bud Abbott type and Gus,the Patsy.
Gus had a great voice as well-sort of a cross between Phil Silvers and  Joe Besser.
Their short"Pardon my Terror" is great, seeing it was intended for the Stooges(later made as Who Done It?)
You get more Physical gags from the pair along with Stooge regulars Kenneth McDonald,Vernon Dent and Christine
McIntyre,

I hope to eventually dig into these Columbia novelty teams.  But don't hold your breath.  [pie]
#1 fire kibitzer