The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 332062

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
This thread is for newbies with a post count of less than 10 to ask a question about the Stooges. In case the questions begin to pile up the person answering them should quote the question in their reply.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline lewis458

My dad and sisters swear this Stooges film they saw was the funniest thing ever, but I have never been able to find it. All they can tell is that in it the Stooges dress up in a horse costume. I can't imagine there are too many instances of that, but, thanks for your help ahead of time!

Offline wallawalla

• Grapehead
  • I think the goat walked right through it, I'm sure
There are at least two shorts I can think of where two of the Stooges wore a horse costume - Horsing Around (1957) and Three Little Twirps (1943).

Offline Baggie

But damn, there's something seriously wrong if they thought Horsing Around was the funniest thing ever. Let's pray for their sake that it was Three Little Twirps.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline lewis458

Can anyone point me to where I can watch these? Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 07:46:33 AM by lewis458 »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Can anyone point me to where I can watch these? Thanks again!

If you check our Calendar and the Events and TV board, lewis, you'll find the upcoming appearances of the Stooges on TV that we know about.  They do appear on some local stations, but we don't usually know in advance what they airing.

There is also a thread about Spike TV obtaining the Stooges.

Offline Get Busy!

Greetings. I would like to know the title of episodes in which Curley spins himself around on the floor with one leg announcing "whooo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo! Whooo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo!"

Thanks for this here fab resourse. Love the rating.

Say, which one of you lamebrains ate my "new topic" button?

Offline stooge77

I saw something on Ebay I have never seen before.  40 DVDs containing all 190 shorts of the Stooges.  The auction recently ended, but you can still view the item number: 6376637905.

If these are black market, somebody sure went to a lot of trouble to make them look professional.  Has anyone ever heard of this collection?  I cannot find it on any other source (Amazon, Yahoo, etc.).  I discovered this item as a "Buy it Now!" only a couple days ago and put it on my watch list. It expired yesterday (sold for $219). I kind of wish I had purchased it. It sounds like a dream collection.

Anyone know anything more about this?

Thanks,
Stooge77

Offline garystooge

If these are black market, somebody sure went to a lot of trouble to make them look professional

They're black market.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I would like to know the title of episodes in which Curley spins himself around on the floor with one leg announcing "whooo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo! Whooo whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo!"

Take your pick - there's far too many to try to list them all here.  Can you give us any information that is more specific to a particular episode?

Say, which one of you lamebrains ate my "new topic" button?

Please read the topic "Posting Restrictions for New Members" in the News and Announcements board.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
How does one "announce" whoo whoo whoo?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Baggie

I don't know about that Jim, but one of the shorts that comes to mind is Three Missing Links.

Offline Dagurasu

I can't remember the name of the short where the stooges are making bootleg beer. For some reason the image of a bathtub filled with homebrewed beer is burnt into my memory.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks a lot!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I can't remember the name of the short where the stooges are making bootleg beer. For some reason the image of a bathtub filled with homebrewed beer is burnt into my memory.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks a lot!

That's Beer Barrel Polecats, Dagurasu.  [cheers]

Offline Dagurasu

Thanks a lot, Dunrobin! But after a quick check it looks like it's still not available on DVD. I hesitate to buy anything on VHS these days. After 5 or 10 years the tapes start to lose their data or develop mold-especially in the humid climate I live in. Eventually it'll be out.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I can tell you that Beer Barrell Polecats is not worth getting a VHS tape of. In fact it is one of the worst shorts ever. If I were you I'd wait until it comes out on DVD, then maybe they will have some shorts worth purchasing (plus it wouldn't be on an antiquated medium either).

xraffle

"Beer Barrel Polecats" had a pretty good start, but once the stooges were in prison, it was mostly re-used footage, which weakened the short.

titmouse

Anybody remember what the cab fare was to Cairo in "We Want our Mummy"

Offline Stoop

The fare was $2,198.55.
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline wallawalla

• Grapehead
  • I think the goat walked right through it, I'm sure

The fare was $2,198.55.

Is that without the tax? :)

Offline Dagurasu

I can tell you that Beer Barrell Polecats is not worth getting a VHS tape of. In fact it is one of the worst shorts ever. If I were you I'd wait until it comes out on DVD, then maybe they will have some shorts worth purchasing (plus it wouldn't be on an antiquated medium either).
Thanks, Shemps#1. I would like to get it on DVD. I may be dead by the time Columbia gets around to releasing it at the current rate. I can't get the beer in the bathtub out of my mind. Good for screen captures too!

titmouse

after the boys weighed the anchor and landed in cairo, they forgot to tip the driver......eddie laughton was one of my favorite stooge foils...

Offline Baggie

Ah, the best always come from Sheffield. I wonder if Eddie supported Sheffield Wednesday.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
First off, don't call me "champ": it's patronizing. Are we clear, sport?

Second, that's improper word usage, as you can see by this handy definition of the word:

an·nounce   
v. an·nounced, an·nounc·ing, an·nounc·es
v. tr.

1. To make known publicly.
   2. To proclaim the presence or arrival of: announce a caller.
   3. To provide an indication of beforehand; foretell: The invention of the microchip announced a new generation of computers.
   4. To serve as an announcer for: announce a football game on TV.

v. intr.

1. To declare one's candidacy: was declared the front-runner even before she announced.
   2. To serve as an announcer.

Now you tell me where emphasis on the first "whoo" would fall into the definition of announce.