Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Creating New Topics

Dunrobin · 99 · 54119

garysheski

I'n new to this board, and I have a very important message to post. Do these instructions mean I have make 10 replys before I can submit my post?  Please help, anybody, with detaile instructions!  Garysheski gmzewski@aol.com

xraffle

It basically means that you need to have at least 10 posts before you can start your own thread/topic. Right now, you have 1 post on record, so you have 9 more to go.

Welcome to the site, by the way.

garysheski

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I wasn't sure if I was reading the instructions right or not! By the way, I might be a technical ign-no-ra-mus, But I DO know how to spell, punctuate, and enunciate properly, so there won't be any problem in that area (posting illegible nonsense!) Thanks again, Gary

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
You can also post reviews of the individual episodes in the Filmography, and they'll get counted as well.  Before you know it you'll have 10 posts and be a Grapehead!   ;D

garysheski

Of that I have no doubt! (I'm in a court, not in the woods, Tarzan!)  Thank you,too!

AmalgamatedMoron

Gary first said:

I'n new to this board, and I have a very important message to post. Do these instructions mean I have make 10 replys before I can submit my post?

Then Gary said:

...By the way, I might be a technical ign-no-ra-mus, But I DO know how to spell, punctuate, and enunciate properly, so there won't be any problem in that area (posting illegible nonsense!) Thanks again, Gary

Sorry Gary, I'm not trying to bust your balls, but I laughed when I first read that.  Wasn't sure if it was an honest mistake, or if you were being sarcastic.  Either way, it was funny.  BTW, while I'm not new to the site, I am new to the forum as well.  So welcome to the discussion boards.

garysheski

Hello, one and all! I've just completed a 3-year work on the life and career of actress Majorie White, whom we  all know from WOMAN HATERS, DIPLOMANIACS, and others of the era. I've traced her family history to the mid-19th century, and it covers those remote origins to her death in 1935. It includes mini-bios of her sister, and demographical information on her entire family through the generations. Keep in mind, this is a serious biographical/historical documentary, far removed from the comedy of the Three Stooges. Although it's laced with bits of sardonical humor, it tells the life and career of a woman with so much promise, who died so young. The Three Stooges are mentioned only only briefly, and that in my overview of "WOMAN HATERS", near to the end. I'veworked dilligently on this the past 3 years, with the help of many other "Stooge-o-philes", to compile a story of a beautiful, promising young woman, who died a tragic death at such an early age.

If you're interested in obtaining a copy, before it goes to a formal publisher, contact me directly at GMZEWSKI@AOL>COM, I'll give you detailed information on how to order a copy from me.

There's still some details I've yet to obtain. for my personal files, but what you'll find in my copy is sure to enthrall everyone intrested in her personal life and acting career. Hope to hear from you!   Godspeed, Gary

garysheski

Hello, again Everyone! This time, now that my Marjorie White bio ad is being broadcast to the world, I'll try to post here the "synopsis" of the story to spark your interest. Here Goes:
Synopsis for “Marjorie White

“Marjorie White” is the life story of a young actress, virtually forgotten today, but popular to a dedicated number of film historians, who lived and died in the early years of the 20th century. It covers her from her start in the performing world, in her earliest childhood, to her untimely death in the 1930s.
   Most, but not all, of the material in the story has been culled from numerous sources, with my own words interspersed, to tell of this beautiful woman’s life, at home, on stage, and later on the silver screen. It covers aspects of both her personal and professional lives, in the most minute detail I could unearth, to show her as a person, a woman, and a real-life human being, rather than simply a grainy image, seen for a few minutes on 75-year-old black-and-white film.
   Any number of other brief bios of her have been done by other authors/fans, and most, if not all, were culled from pre-existing publicity information, most rife with rumors, erroneous beliefs, wrong dates and sequences of events, but I’ve gone far beyond those, into the depths of history, from her parents’ origins in the mid-19th century, through her own life. It is my hope that the data I’ve uncovered will lay to rest the untruths, dates and places, of the events of her life, to “set the record straight”.
   I mulled over any number of cliches and catchy phrases for a title, but as I grew to know her, I gained a modicum of admiration and respect for the memory of her, and settled on affording her the simple dignity of using her proper name “MARJORIE WHITE”, as the book’s title.
   While I trust the 100 pages will bring smiles and pleasure to readers, there are a few areas which may tend to read a bit slow, especially geographical and statistical data further along, but there’s a pleasant surprise at the very end, which I’m sure will bring a gasp of delight, a warmth to the heart, and an exclamation of “OH! MY!” from everyone.
   Keep in mind, that although Ms. White was among the best of light comediennes of her era, this is a serious piece of work, far removed from the comedy of the Three Stooges, who are mentioned only briefly in the pages covering the film “WOMAN HATERS”, and then only as part of my broad overview of that one.
   In brief, this book is the culmination of three years of hard work which has led me deeply into the fields of geographical and political history, and more importantly, genealogical research, from which I’ve learned such a great deal, to keep for my use in any future works I may do.
   My thanks to everyone who has helped me compile this work. Please contact me to obtain your copy, and YES, your comments and criticisms are most welcome, be they good or bad.  Every response I get is deeply appreciated and will be acknowledged. Read it and enjoy!

Gary Olszewski

garysheski

For Dunrobin, the webmeister: In the "icons" list, I've used Christine MacIntyre's picture, she was very pretty! Why not throw in a picture of Marjorie White, as Well??  I have many!

Offline Uncle joe

I joined your site because I saw a poster of Joe Besser called "Once a stooge always a stooge".   The reason is because Joe Besser was my great Uncle.   Like a lot of young people they never appreciate what they have until  they grow up.  Any help that you can give me I would appreciate.
Thanks
Martin

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I joined your site because I saw a poster of Joe Besser called "Once a stooge always a stooge".   The reason is because Joe Besser was my great Uncle.   Like a lot of young people they never appreciate what they have until  they grow up.  Any help that you can give me I would appreciate.
Thanks
Martin

The Stoogeum in Springhouse PA contains tributes to Joe Besser... definitely worth a visit during one of its open houses. PBS visits The Stoogeum...
[youtube=425,350]jIrZiEFyg5s[/youtube]

Joe Besser information featured on this website...

- Moe, Larry & Joe Filmography
 - Solo Filmography
 - Miscellaneous Filmography
 - TV Appearances

- Three Stooges Bibliography, including Besser's autobiography

- Three Stooges Home Videography, including Joe Besser film and TV releases; tentatively, the 16 Three Stooges shorts with Joe Besser may be released on home video in late 2009.

Offline FineBari3

That is great that you are interested in learning more about your Uncle!  I found out that my great Uncle was a jazz musician named Johnny Costa, known for the music on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I didn't find that out until he died, though.

Here is a really good clip from YouTube about his life:

[youtube=425,350]AWeNZrMsars[/youtube]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

Thanks
Martin

If Besser really is your great uncle, that's pretty cool!  I liked him better as Stinky on the ABBOTT AND COSTELLO show than as a Stooge.  He had a few funny moments with the boys (QUIZ WHIZZ being my fave), but he was hysterical with Bud and Lou.  Welcome to the board.

While we're bragging about relatives, my great grandfather was supposedly a cinematographer in the teens for William Fox when he was on the east coast.  I have no way of proving this, but he claimed this, his age, geography, and history of Fox studios match up, and he lived a pretty colorful life.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline OldFred

I'm new around these parts, so thanks for the heads up on posting. Nice to mingle and mangle with fellow knuckleheads. Now, spread out, or I'll give you the new fingers!  [stooges]

Offline Uncle joe

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can buy the picture shown on the paperback cover called "Once a Stooge Always a Stooge".
thanks
Martin

Offline FineBari3

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can buy the picture shown on the paperback cover called "Once a Stooge Always a Stooge".
thanks
Martin

I have no idea; there is a small picture of it in the Bibliography.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline curlysdame

thanks
Martin

It's on amazon.com.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Dan Caprio

Question?
The Video Gallery is a nice feature here except  >:( why is the picture quality Piss Poor? >:D
What am I missing?   Real Player Comes up and it like watching a plasma screen that is not sharp but blurry ::

thanks Dan

xraffle

Question?
The Video Gallery is a nice feature here except  >:( why is the picture quality Piss Poor? >:D
What am I missing?   Real Player Comes up and it like watching a plasma screen that is not sharp but blurry ::

thanks Dan

Maybe this will help: http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=2832.msg20003#msg20003

Help! What's going on?

I'm unable to create new topics (and am having a hard time even posting to a topic, unless I've previously posted to it), because this weird thing is happening:

I log in, and then try to go to one of the boards, but as soon as I get there it calls me "guest" again!

What's going on??

** Edit ** - Odd, it seems to have stopped (for now, at least).
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

xraffle

Help! What's going on?

I'm unable to create new topics (and am having a hard time even posting to a topic, unless I've previously posted to it), because this weird thing is happening:

I log in, and then try to go to one of the boards, but as soon as I get there it calls me "guest" again!

What's going on??

Try changing your cookie settings.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Help! What's going on?

What's going on??

Please see this post.  That might solve your problem.

Ingarotie

Couldn't agree more. I want to start a new thread, and can't. Stupid rule. Sorry

california man

thanks for sharing that, onionhead - I wondered why I couldn't make a post but now I am no longer a knucklehead!