Murder/Suicide in CT, and You'll Never Guess What Started It

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
1 dead, 1 injured in Naugatuck shootings
   1 dead, 1 injured in Naugatuck shootings- Story by Jamie Muro

(Naugatuck-WTNH, Aug. 20, 20006 10:35 PM) _ Police are trying to unravel what's behind a deadly double shooting in Naugatuck.

One woman is dead and one man is critically injured as the result of a double shooting in Naugatuck.

Police try to piece it together while a neighborhood is stunned.

* by News Channel 8's Jamie Muro

Police say an argument that started in the driveway escalated into gunfire.

"Police showed up and I saw something laying there I never thought it would be a person.  I thought someone hit a dog or something," says Mary Jane Mariano, neighbor.

Police say that 28-year-old Brandilynn Fambrough lived on the second floor of a home on Andrew Avenue.  They say Fambrough was involved with some sort of dispute with 25-year-old  Robert Krueger from Brick, New Jersey in the driveway of the home.  That is when the shooting began.

Police say that   Krueger  opened fire with a 40 caliber semi-automatic gun, hitting a brown house and Fambrough several times as she tried to get away.  She died from her injuries.

Police say that Krueger then turned the gun on himself.  He is in critical condition with a single gunshot wound to the head.   

"There was a semi-automatic pistol located in the street, believed to be our only weapon," says Lt. Robert Harrison, Naugatuck police department.

"Police showed up and I saw something laying there I never thought it would be a person.  I thought someone hit a dog or something," says Mary Jane Mariano, neighbor.

Police are uncertain of the relationship between Fambrough and Krueger.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=5303662

Let me preface this by saying that since this story came out, Mr. Krueger has indeed passed away.

Murder/suicides happen all of the time, so why should I start a thread on this one? Well the reason I am starting this thread is the totally stupid reason why Krueger went to CT to kill this lady and himself: Internet bullshit.

It seems that they were both fans of the Opie and Anthony radio show and both frequently visited the chat rooms and message boards associated with the "faux Howard Stern" duo.

Quote from: Opie and Anthony fan board
As many of you may or may not have heard, the FBA and Paltalk communities have suffered a horrible loss this weekend. It deeply saddens me to have to inform you that there was a great tragedy this weekend in which one of our fellow O&A paltalkers, Brands_16, was shot and killed on Saturday night. As if that news wasn't bad enough, the tragedy compounds itself because Brands_16 was allegedly shot and killed by another O&A paltalker, Connersswimcoach, who then turned the gun on himself and has since passed away.

Of all the reasons to shoot someone and turn the gun on yourself, this is near the bottom. The fact that it's Opie and Anthony fans doesn't matter (and I'm no fan of theirs); it could be fans of a sports team or even fans of the Three Stooges! It's just beyond fucking stupid. Killing someone and yourself over some Internet bullshit is like killing someone because they cut you off or swiped the parking space you had your eye on or stepped on your new shoes.

Why does it feel like that we humans are de-evolving as a race? In the meantime I'm going to keep an eye out for any short little guys from the Michigan with a Scooby Doo umbrella in one hand and an AK-47 in the other approaching my doorstep.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Pilsner Panther

S'okay, I have to be in Denver tomorrow morning anyway, to see "Judgie-Wudgie." Besides, those nasty old Air Marshals took my Scooby Doo umbrella away from me before they put me on the plane, as a "possible hazard."

I was posing, nonchalantly, as a tall midget; walking face-downwards on my knees to get through the X-Ray machine without being exposed as naked underneath my clothes, and even more naked than that as a skeleton, not even red.

No matter, I was called on the carpet anyway, when the Gendarmes saw the rolled-up rug sticking out from under my arm. Flying carpets are against the rules.

They let me keep the AK-47, though, after I pleaded tearfully with them: "Please, it has great sentimental value to me— it belonged to my mother!"

::)