Creating New Topics

Dunrobin · 99 · 53875

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
We are frequently asked why Porcupines (new members) do not see a "New Topic" button on most of the boards.  New members are restricted to only posting replies until they have a total of 10 posts and advanced to the next level, Grapehead.  The reason for this restriction is a long story, but metaldams summed it up very well, recently, when he said:

Quote from: metaldams
Unfortunately, this site has had a lot of trolls and people who just can't write legibly over the years littering the site.  By limiting where new posters can post, we can prevent this site from being littered by the bad apples.

To make it easier for new members to advance, I just modified the "Fan Reviews" section on the episode pages to count any new reviews towards your post count on the message boards.   This will let you quickly boost your total post count by reviewing a few of your favorite episodes.

The Fan Reviews are moderated, and won't be displayed or counted until they are approved by one of the Admins.  Please be sure to read Helpful Tips On Getting Your Fan Comment Posted before you begin adding reviews.

Offline TourdeStooges

Thanks for the insight about the rules for newbies. While I'm not a newbie when it comes to viewing the site, I am one when it comes to posting. I certainly understand the concerns about people who post spam or can't put together a coherent sentence, and I hope to enjoy the quality postings I've seen here on this board!
Come join us May 3, 2008, for the Tour de Stooges bicycle ride in our new home in Highland, Ill.
http://stooges.rogerkramercycling.org/

Offline michele

I have loved the 3 Stooges for 45 years and this is the best website ever!!!!!! :

Offline StoogeFan1

I appreciate knowing the "why" behind the 10 posts rule.

This is an awesome site...Thanks for all the hard work getting it to where it is!!!

Spread out !

StoogeFan1

Doggone it!  I got on this board just to start a new topic!  I wasn't planning on replying to a bunch of them!

Oh, well, guess I'll start with this one.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

OK, now I have more than 10 posts.  How come I'm still showing as "Porcupine"?

...Oh, I see.  It changes at 15, not 10.  Never mind.
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline bpottinger

By the way, this is a great site.   You guys are doing a wonderful service for all us stooge fans out here.
Thanks!

Offline Fake Shemp

Couldn't agree more. What a swell idea, counting your shorts comments as posts!  ;D

Offline Monofletch

I was wondering why I couldn't start a thread.... (10 th post!WoooHooo!)
Dewy Cheatem and How

If you had a dollar in this pocket...and a dollar in that pocket what would you have? Some one else's pants!

Offline Mike Lipincranz

No problem here boys..........."I seen my duty and I done it"............Line up right here and hold it.......SMILE!  :P

xraffle

No problem here boys..........."I seen my duty and I done it"............Line up right here and hold it.......SMILE!  :P

Cool username!! "The name is Mike Lipincranz. Now off comes the clothes!"

Offline Mike Lipincranz

Thanks Xraffle.......not the best stooge short but what the hell, the name sounds funny enough....

"This guy won't let me take his clothes off!!!!!" :laugh:

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (xraffle):

I was wondering if there was any way we could get a section that is Shemp based only for discussion?  If there all ready is one please tell me.  I probably might have overlooked it please remember I am a Moron.

Thank-you for your help and sorry for being a nusiance.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra

Moron4392 [3stooges]   ???

Have a poifect rest of your week-end and week upcoming.

xraffle

Moron: There isn't any Shemp section on this forum. I'm not an Administrator nor am I one of the staff members, so I can't add one. Hopefully, Dunrobin will see your post and will look into creating one. If he doesn't see it, trying posting a new topic under the Questions and Answers category and ask him if he can add that section.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hey xraffle:

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my post.  It was nice of you.  May your week be a great one.

Moron4392 [3stooges]

[pie]

xraffle

Don't mention it. I hope your week will be great, as well.

moe-jo

Ha!  I saw that episode just yesterday!

moe-jo

Ha!  I saw that short just yesterday!  Oh, and by the way everyone, I am a new member here.  I'm in high school and I declare that Moe has got some serious moe-jo.  Just look at my signature.

xraffle

Ha!  I saw that short just yesterday!  Oh, and by the way everyone, I am a new member here.  I'm in high school and I declare that Moe has got some serious moe-jo.  Just look at my signature.

I haven't watched that short in a while. I think it's a pretty good short, but many people would disagree with me.

Whoa! I lost my Moe-Jo!! ;D

moe-jo

Whoa! I lost my Moe-Jo!! ;D
Man!  So then that means you're Dr. Besser, Moe's arch-nemesis from the 9th Dimension.

P.S.  He does not have Moe-Jo.

NOCREDIT500

Offline Lefty

Then as a new member of this "organization" I shouldn't post a new topic such as "Stooges Episodes on Local TV".  Hok a tshaynik for me, too.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Actually, you should take the opportunity to look around the forum thoroughly, as you will find that topics such as the one you mention probably already exist.  And if you have a specific question that you want to ask, you can post it on the Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES** topic.
 [pie]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Then as a new member of this "organization" I shouldn't post a new topic such as "Stooges Episodes on Local TV".  Hok a tshaynik for me, too.

Actually, you should take the opportunity to look around the forum thoroughly, as you will find that topics such as the one you mention probably already exist.

July - Sept 2008 TV Stooges