Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Introduction to the weekly episode discussions

Dunrobin · 893 · 178703

Offline metaldams

Yo, to all da bitches and playas out there in Stoogeland, we need some excitement in dis house.  Joseph "Muthafuckin'" Besser is about to be discussed, letz bring da roof down.  Who else here is as excited as I am?  I'm fired up, let's do this.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yo, to all da bitches and playas out there in Stoogeland, we need some excitement in dis house.  Joseph "Muthafuckin'" Besser is about to be discussed, letz bring da roof down.  Who else here is as excited as I am?  I'm fired up, let's do this.

Ha ha--I don't know how "exciting" Besser will be, but it should be more interesting than recycles and "Dead Shemps." That first Besser short should be curious, like rubber-necking at a car accident...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Ha ha--I don't know how "exciting" Besser will be, but it should be more interesting than recycles and "Dead Shemps." That first Besser short should be curious, like rubber-necking at a car accident...

[rockon]

As I have said elsewhere, Besser will be interesting because every range of the spectrum is covered: bad remakes, good remakes, sucky originals, good originals, and 4 shorts that make you wonder how high the writer was at the time.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

My reviews for A MERRY MIX-UP, MR. NOISY, and SPACE SHIP SAPPY are up, and not all echo popular opinion.  Hope you enjoy.  Back to regularly scheduled reviewing tomorrow.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Taking a half day off work tomorrow, so I'll do the final Shemp solo review Wednesday afternoon.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

The next short review will be tomorrow afternoon.  Only nine more shorts to go, wow!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
The next short review will be tomorrow afternoon.  Only nine more shorts to go, wow!

And Besser remakes galore!  ::)
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

The final Derita solo review will be Wednesday night.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
The final Derita solo review will be Wednesday night.

I will be surprised if you can do this one lucid.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

This week, Besser solo tomorrow afternoon, Sweet and Hot Saturday morning.  The heat is on!  Oh yeah!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline 7stooges

Question - will these episode discussion threads still be open, say... next year? I'm in the process of going through all of the classic comedy films I own (the Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Our Gang, etc.) chronologically, and would like to add my thoughts on our boys' films once I get around to them. Haven't quite made it to 1934 yet, but I'm on my way!

Been enjoying reading the comments thus far, and am especially interested to hear everyone's thoughts on the Curly-Joe era features once you get around to them!

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Question - will these episode discussion threads still be open, say... next year?

Yes  ;D
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

I'm really busy this week, so I am going to skip the Besser solo review and do it next week.  SAPPPY BULLFIGHTERS will be late this week or this weekend.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

My work schedule is being switched on me, so I'm aiming for the Besser solo short review Wednesday morning and HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL Friday night.  Really looking forward to the latter.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline luke795

Offline metaldams

Are you done with the Joe Besser solo shorts?

Yes.  Lack of responses and views, and since all but one left are recycles, I'm gonna stop where I have.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
I apologize... I thought I had replied, but hadn't.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

It's not you Paul, I appreciate your input. 

What I'll do is this - I'll review the one Besser solo left that's original, and for the four recycles, when I rewatch them, I'll throw a brief comment in the thread of the original.  I actually wish I did that for the Shemp recycles, those got monotonous after a while.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

My Three Stooges in Orbit review has now been posted.  Can't believe there's only two films left!  What a journey it's been.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

My THE THREE STOOGES GO AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAZE review is edited in, for those who are interested.  195 films down, 1 to go.  Still can't believe it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

This weekend I'll be reviewing THE OUTLAWS IS COMING! and then I've finished every major Stooge film.  I want to thank everybody who has participated, especially you fellow knuckleheads who have participated from beginning to end.  It's been a lot of fun.

I'm passing the baton to Paul Pain at this point, who will be doing Buster Keaton films, and I know he'll do a great job.  I urge you guys who are Buster fans to participate, and for you guys who don't know Buster, also participate.  Paul will be posting YouTube links to the films, so you'll be able to watch.  Trust me, Buster is someone every Stooge fan should explore.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Absolutely a bizarre feeling I have no Stooge short to review this weekend!  I'll get used to it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Muttonhead
Absolutely a bizarre feeling I have no Stooge short to review this weekend!  I'll get used to it.

Speaking of which, tomorrow my review for THE BUTCHER BOY will go up.  This is exciting!
#1 fire kibitzer