Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Any Similarity to Persons Living or Dead - new edition Apr. 2012

Linked Events

• Any Similarity to Persons Living or Dead Is Purely Coinciden: April 30, 2012 - May 06, 2012

Offline BeAStooge

Any Similarity to Persons Living or Dead is Purely Coincidental will return in a new edition, April 2012.  Out-of-print for 25 years, this new edition features the work of Stooges fan, Shemp aficionado and artist extraordinaire Drew Friedman (Old Jewish Comedians), and his brother Josh Alan Friedman.

From ThreeStooges.net Bibliography...
The satirical and slightly off-center dark humor of Drew and Josh Friedman created this beautifully illustrated collection of comic strips, highlighting/targeting an eclectic group of celebrities from cult & pop culture... Tor Johnson, William Frawley, Jackie Gleason & Art Carney, Jack Webb, Joe Franklin, Bob Hope, Don Knotts & Andy Griffith, Arnold Stang, Doodles Weaver, Bud Abbott & Lou Costello, William Bendix, Jimmy Durante, Ernest Borgnine, John Wayne, Wayne Newton, Arthur Q. Bryan, Mantan Moreland, El Brendel, Jim Nabors, Rock Hudson, Dick York, Bert Lahr, Joe E. Brown, Jackie Coogan, Our Gang, Frank Sinatra, Wally Cox, Ed Platt, and more.

Drew Friedman's caricature tribute to Shemp Howard is featured on the cover, and other Stooge entries include Joe Besser in "Attack of the 50 Foot Stinky," Larry in "Larry Finearama Nitemare," Curly Joe in "Joe DeRita of the Apes," Mousie Garner, Sammy Wolf, Larry and Shemp in "Laugh Makers," Shemp in "Screw," and full-page portraits of Larry Fine, Ted Healy, Moe, Larry & Curly, and Moe, Larry & Shemp w/Eddie Cantor.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:35:52 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline FineBari3

Great news!  I can't wait to get this book! 

When I was showing Bob Greenberg around the Stoogeum at the Fan Club Meeting, we were talking about Drew's art.  I mentioned something about the style of using tiny, tiny dots with pen and ink.  Bob is friends with Drew, and he said that he does not do that style of pixilation anymore; it was too hard on his eyes!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline JazzBill

Couldn't agree with you more Mar-Jean. Looks pretty interesting.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".