Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Lots of bugs

Offline FineBari3

Rob, I am getting a lot of dialog boxes with bugs and line errors (674 was one), and says 'function expected'. It is getting on my NOIVES!!!!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Sorry, MJ, but without a lot more information than that I can't do anything, since I don't even have a clue from your post as to where to look for a problem, and I'm not seeing any errors popping up myself.

Is this on a particular page?  In the Filmography section?  In the message boards?  Does it happen when you're trying to do something in particular (like reply to a post?)  Please give me as much information as possible when you're reporting a bug, because unless it's happening to everyone (especially me) I won't know where to begin looking.  This site has thousands upon thousands of lines of code in hundreds of scripts.

Offline FineBari3

Sorry, MJ, but without a lot more information than that I can't do anything, since I don't even have a clue from your post as to where to look for a problem, and I'm not seeing any errors popping up myself.

Is this on a particular page?  In the Filmography section?  In the message boards?  Does it happen when you're trying to do something in particular (like reply to a post?)  Please give me as much information as possible when you're reporting a bug, because unless it's happening to everyone (especially me) I won't know where to begin looking.  This site has thousands upon thousands of lines of code in hundreds of scripts.

I am at my Mom's now, but I will give you more specific details when I get back home.I got some surgery done and she is taking care of me. The dialog boxes came up in all of the areas I visited, which are the general discussion, the main homepage, and this area. I also have been getting the same kind of bug errors on a couple other pages.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Pilsner Panther

I am at my Mom's now, but I will give you more specific details when I get back home.I got some surgery done and she is taking care of me. The dialog boxes came up in all of the areas I visited, which are the general discussion, the main homepage, and this area. I also have been getting the same kind of bug errors on a couple other pages.

Sorry to hear that you've been ill, Mar-Jean— it's no fun; my own lobotomy was sheer hell. I'm much happier now, though!

(puts on Napoleon hat, cackles insanely like Phil Van Zandt in "Dopey Dicks").

[stooges]

Pilsner Panther

Oh, and we're also going to drive Rob insane with these bug reports... but he asked for it! The latest Pilsner's Picks would have been posted on January 15th if it hadn't been for the bugs in the program.

I'm glad someone likes to deal with all this technical-geek stuff— me, I just want it to work.

A U.S. Army Medical Corps computer technician once told me, years ago, "You're too demanding!" Well, it wasn't my fault that he'd designed a hospital database program to beep and bloop and screech and honk like a video game every time someone looked up a patient record. You couldn't turn the sound off, either, and it was driving the employees crazy. Stoogery lives, that's what I always say.

::)

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain

Sorry to hear that you've been ill, Mar-Jean— it's no fun; my own lobotomy was sheer hell. I'm much happier now, though!

(puts on Napoleon hat, cackles insanely like Phil Van Zandt in "Dopey Dicks").

Best wishes for a good recovery MJ. I had to go under the knife last summer and had to recupe on my own. Not pleasant. But I had to go through with it as I'd planned on living past 2009. Why, I don't know. However the medicos don't like questions such as that.

[stooges]

"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline FineBari3

OK, Rob...I am back home now and can give you more information. I go to the Message Boards main page and what I get is a dialog box that says: A runtime error has occurred do you wish to debug? Line: 979 Error: function expected.

I got the same dialog box with the line number 847 on a reply to a message I was writing, then line 978 when I sent that message. I got another one, line 778 when I went to the Q & A section.
Mar-Jean Zamperini