Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Misheard Lyrics

Offline stoogerascalfan62

My favorite example is from Paul Simon's "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover"-Actual lyrics "No Need To Be Coy, Roy". Misheard-"No Need To Be Corduroy".

Offline LadyJ

The Folger's jingle-
"The best part of waking up
Is soldiers in your car"

Offline stoogerascalfan62

Neil Diamond-Forever In Blue Jeans. Misheard lyric-"[The] Reverend Blue Jeans".

Offline metaldams

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mOWPO5QUZkg

My favorite would be from the video above.  Judas Priest has many great songs, but "Private Proprty," linked above, is not one of them.  That said, the song gets some added cool points with me because of something that happened in high school.  I'm watching the VHS in the living room, my Mom is in the next room.  The lyric in the chorus goes, "So keep your hands off, Private Property."  Mama Metal, upon hearing this in the other room, asks, "Are they saying 'Take your pants off?'".  Listen to the song with that in mind, it becomes much funnier than the Spinal Tap presentation it already is (I love Priest, but Turbo tour?  They were cheesy.  Fun, but cheesy).
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Signor Spumoni

A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I were listening to music when "Love Potion #9" came on.  He said, "Why does the gypsy have 'a gold cup, too?' "
I said, "What?"
" 'A gold cup, too.' "
You mean this part, " 'I took my troubles down to Madam Ruth,  You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth?' "
"Ohhhhh!...What's a gold-capped tooth?"
I explained how I would sometimes see an old person with a gold tooth when I was small.  Apparently that didn't happen where he grew up, or he never noticed.. 
Then I sang, " 'I told her I was a proper jinx.' "
He said, "You know that's 'flop with chicks,' right?"
I said, "Good.  I hate assonance anyway.  Now I know it rhymes with, 'I've been that way since 1956.' "
It's never to late to get the lyrics right.  :)

Offline Signor Spumoni

Neil Diamond-Forever In Blue Jeans. Misheard lyric-"[The] Reverend Blue Jeans".

I thought the same thing.  Was I puzzled about that name!

When I heard my first Elton John song, I just gave up trying to understand lyrics.   :)

I can't be the only person who, as a child, thought those halls were being decked with "balls" of holly, can I?