Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Why is it that songs about killing your lover over his/her infidelity soars to the top of the charts? ...
Here is a pair that went gold in their respective genres. Of course, the weapon of choice for both of these killers is a knife - perhaps thats what made them so popular.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Next up ... Lorne Greene, no less!

The song is titled "Ringo" and features Lorne in a rhymed-speaking ballad of his experiences with the killer/gunslinger named Ringo.
Here's his tune that was an unqualified hit when it was released. However, at the end of the song he offers these lines -

The story spread throughout the land
That I had beaten Ringo's hand
And it was "just the years", they say
That made me put my guns away

But on his grave they can't explain
The tarnished star above the name -
Of Ringo

Hell, I CAN explain it! It's very simple - he gave it to him, so its Ringo's STAR!!

[deleted by moderator]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:45:05 AM by Giff me dat fill-em! »

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
It's infrequent you listen to a song that contains lyrics that are no longer "current" ... but this tune has completely been left in the dust as far as relevance to a current listening public.

It's hardly ever that you get a phone number that you've dialed that just rings and rings and rings ... invariably there is a voicemail message to respond to, or even a choice to send a text message. Although a very good song, ELO's "Telephone Line" just doesn't make good lyrical sense anymore.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Honest-to-goodness, folks, I was taking my lunchtime walk (which happens to parallel a major freeway access road) when I discovered a tossed CD. The jewel case was broken, but the CD unharmed. It was titled, "Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor" so I was expecting songs that included vegetables and wine, but what I got was a rap CD with so-called "songs" that had nothing to do with food and drink. In fact, what I got was a CD filled with this guy gasping for breath, because nearly every "song" was filled with his incessant inhaling which diluted any message he was trying to convey.

Here, listen to this tripe!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Honest-to-goodness, folks, I was taking my lunchtime walk (which happens to parallel a major freeway access road) when I discovered a tossed CD. The jewel case was broken, but the CD unharmed. It was titled, "Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor" so I was expecting songs that included vegetables and wine, but what I got was a rap CD with so-called "songs" that had nothing to do with food and drink. In fact, what I got was a CD filled with this guy gasping for breath, because nearly every "song" was filled with his incessant inhaling which diluted any message he was trying to convey.

Here, listen to this tripe!

The one song by Lupe Fiasco that I know is "Daydreamin'" with Jill Scott, and that one I like a lot.  Maybe it's because I saw the video first and fell in love with Ms. Scott - she's gorgeous in that video!   ;D

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
At least the GASP! guy has the right last GASP! name ... (no wonder why it was tossed ... GASP!)   :laugh:

(Daydreamin' is on this CD also ... "Food and Liquor" my fried egg butt)