Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

TV Shows

Pilsner Panther

I got to see Red Skelton once, on what turned out to be his last tour... 1991 or '92, I forget the exact date, but it was during the first Gulf War.

In spite of his age (he must have been close to 80), his timing was as sharp as ever, and he did a lot of his classic routines like Gertrude & Heathcliff, the Mean Widdle Kid, and (my favorite), Guzzler's Gin.

Speaking of his timing, he actually made a joke about it, and his age. At one point, he stopped right in the middle of a gag, like he'd lost his place... then, after about ten seconds of silence, he said, "Bet you thought I was senile, didn't you?" and finished the gag. This brought down the house.

[pound]

R.I.P. Red, you were one of the all-time greats.

Offline Shemoeley Fine

<<<<<<<< Giff schooled us about the correct meaning and use of the word ironic. >>>>>>

I have no problem with the "lesson", you're correct as I checked the dictionary. I am always looking to learn something new in language and other topics as well. I now know the difference between irony and coincidence.

S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline FineBari3

SANFORD AND SON

I noticed on the opening theme Fred is sitting in front of his house and there are 2 big windows but when you see the kitchen from inside there are no windows.

Here is one everybody knows: The house at the opening of All In The Family is not the same as the real one used on the show. The one on the show has a porch and the opening credit one does not!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
This is NO dig on the show, or any other (for that matter), but just a general observation about TV shows and their hosts ...

The host for the show in the thread title ... The Last Comic Standing ... made this (paraphrased) comment just before going to a commercial break:
"We have ALOT more comedy coming your way, so stay tuned ...

It is that very last thing spoken that is the topic of this nitpick. Years ago, TV networks would say, (and also radio networks), "Don't Touch That Dial" and "Stay Tuned" assuming you were an average listener/viewer that owned a radio/TV that needed to be "tuned" by adjusting aerials and dials on the set to keep the signal strong ...

WHY would a person, knowing that he/she is broadcasting from a cable network, even consider saying "Stay Tuned" ... ?? Isn't it the responsibility of the cable networks to supply a "tuned-in" signal?

(Or perhaps, maybe he/she is assuming the viewer is watching from a "direct TV-type" source and is asking the persons to keep their satellite dishes pointing  in the right direction ... hhhhmmmm)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline JazzBill

I always thought it meant , " Stay tuned to the channel ".  In other words.  "Don't change the station".
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Lefty

Not necessarily a TV show specifically, but Gene Reynolds (Eugene Reynolds Blumenthal) is celebrating a birthday today.  Shown here as having a birth year of 1925, imdb.com lists 1923:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0721728/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

He directed a number of Hogan's Heroes episodes (my favorite all-time non-sports program).

Offline stoogerascalfan62

I believe he was also a member of Hal Roach's Our Gang-Little Rascals troupe for a time [Reynolds].