Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

More Improvements Made to ThreeStooges.net!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've made a few more improvements to the site:

• Site Menu - in addition to the dynamic site menu at the top of each page, I've added a pulldown menu in the top frame.  The one drawback to the dynamic menu is that you have to scroll all the way up again if you're at the bottom of a long page.  Now you can easily jump to another page even when the other menu is out of sight.   ;D

• On This Date - I've added a page called On This Date in Stooge History.  (In the site menu, it's listed under Stooge Info -> Chronology -> On This Date.)  It's an expansion of the feature on the Home page, with the added ability to view any day of the year.  So if you want to know what happened on your birthday, you can!  ;)

• The Three Stooges Journal - the Index has grown rapidly, and all of the issues from No. 50 (Summer, 1989) to the current issue (No. 115, Fall, 2005) have been completely indexed.  You can also now subscribe to the Journal quickly and easily - and safely! - through Paypal.  Just click on the button on the Journal pages.

I've also made a couple of modifications to the Memorabia pages:

• I updated the script to reject image uploads that are larger than 800 x 600.  This is primarily to conserve disk space on the server, but larger pictures can also be a real nuisance if your sreen resolution is 800 x 600.  (You'll get an alert popup to warn you that your file was rejected.)

• I changed the item display page to dynamically resie the images to no larger than 320 x 240 (240 x 240 on the preview window), so that larger images won't screw up the display.  You can click on the image to see it full-size in a popup window.

More to come!   ;D

Super Soivace!
 [whoo]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've made some more improvements/epansions to the site this weekend:

• Site Menu: I finally figured out out to make the dynamic site menu stay in place when you scroll down  page, making it always accessible.  I'll leave the pulldown menu in the top frame, though, as an additional way to navigate the site.

• TV Guest Appearances:  I've added a "new" page listing all of the known guest appearances by the Stooges (either as a team or individually) during the early days of television.  (Most of the entries were recorded by Hammond Eggar a couple of years ago, but the feature didn't get included when the site re-launched last year.)  The page is available on the site menu under Filmography -> Guest Appearances - TV.

Note To Team Stooge members:  I've built in the Team Stooge admin functions on the new pages, and I also rebuilt the functions for the Stooge Routines page as well.

We aims to please!  Super Soivace!
[whoo]

Offline curlyrocks

Robin,

That is great news and great work!

I currently went home this weekend since I moved to Ohio, I lived in NE PA and I picked up my Stooge Collection!

I have all the stooge shorts(all 190 of them - that took 7 years to get off the tv and Ebay) and many old early Ted Healy films as well as some of the stooge movies like;

My sister Eileen, the yokes on you, the 3 stooges meet hercules, the 3 stooges in orbit.

What I am going to do with my collection that is all on VHS format is CONVERT it ALL to DVD!

I am doing this for 2 reasons;

1. to preserve the 3 stooges collection from deteriorating since it is on vhs

2. to have a better quality collection!

Well thanks again for the update!

curlyrocks

Offline Porgy1000

:) I have always been happy with this site. I have no complains. Keep up the good work!
MAJ

CURLYFAN

I currently went home this weekend since I moved to Ohio, I lived in NE PA and I picked up my Stooge Collection!

Hi curlyrocks, I live in Central P.A. and I used to live in N.E. Ohio, Cleveland to be exact, kind strange huh ??
You moved from P.A to Ohio and I moved from Ohio to P.A. ??