Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 336362

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I found it on page 2. I guess we've been demoted.
Yep - it looks like we did go down in the rankings on Google, although we were still near the top of the first page on a Yahoo! search.  I ran the "Site Promoter" last night and resubmitted the site to the various search engines, so hopefully we'll go back up again.   ;)

Offline augie

Has anyone picked up the Dancing Lady dvd?
I happened to come across it, and was very pleased to find out that they also included
Curly's "Roast Beef And Movies",  and the "Plane Nuts" short with Ted Healey.

Also, Dancing Lady is great, too.
I'd recommend it.

BTW, does anyone know of any more 'lost' shorts, or movies that may come out?
I have picked up Soup to Nuts, Meet The Baron w/ Gold Raiders, and have Kook's Tour and Jerks Of All Trades on tape.

Thanks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
does anyone know of any more 'lost' shorts, or movies that may come out?

VIDEOGRAPHY
1980 - Present home video history for The Three Stooges (and solo).
Video title, distributor, release dates, table of film contents with links to the Filmography, and format (DVD, VHS, Laser Disc, Beta, CED).

EVENTS AND TV Forum
Announcements of upcoming events, including new home videos.

From the "Events and TV" forum...
Four DVDs from Legend Films, March 27

CALENDAR OF EVENTS

Has anyone picked up the Dancing Lady dvd?
I happened to come across it, and was very pleased to find out that they also included Curly's "Roast Beef And Movies", and the "Plane Nuts" short with Ted Healy.

If you're looking specifically for the MGM shorts, BEER AND PRETZELS (1933) is a bonus feature on last year's release of FLYING DOWN TO RIO. See the VIDEOGRAPHY for details.

Curley91

In the ISlipp Classics boards, I read that TCM's print of "Dancing Lady" is incomplete.  I am wondering if they have received a new, uncut print since this was written (2003).

Thanks

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I read that TCM's print of "Dancing Lady" is incomplete. I am wondering if they have received a new, uncut print since this was written (2003).

The recently restored, DVD-version of DANCING LADY is missing a scene with Larry and Ted. The only original camera negative in Warner Bros.' vaults is the edited version of the film. The complete film does exist, but apparently only in 16mm form... no negative, or 35mm master print of the complete film is known to exist in the studio archive. The restoration project entailed restoring the studio's one, surviving camera negative.

Throughout the film, Larry is seen working on a jigsaw puzzle. In the missing scene, he completes the puzzle and discovers it's a picture Adolph Hitler. He knocks the table over, yelling "Oy vey, it's Hitler!" Ted responds "What'd'ya 'spect... Santie Claus?"

Offline NJStoogefan

I am new to this forum but hope to become a more active member with time.  The reason I sought this site out is to locate a film clip that I would like to include in a presentation.  I need to find the episode (or episodes) that have the routine where Curly tells time using three wristwatches.  Any help would be appreciated.  If my question has been asked and answered in the past, I apologize in advance.

Thanks.

Curley91

There are three shorts (that I can think of at the moment) that include the three watches bit.

Moe and Curly do the routine in "Dutiful But Dumb,"
Moe and Larry in "Rhythm And Weep"
Moe and Shemp in "Studio Stoops."

They have all been released to video.

Hope that helps!

Hello, I am new to the board.  I am currently working on a research paper and I am stuck on something.  Need some help.  Also, I can't seem to figure out how to start my own thread. Not an easy board to navigate.

BHTB

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Hello, I am new to the board.  I am currently working on a research paper and I am stuck on something.  Need some help.  Also, I can't seem to figure out how to start my own thread. Not an easy board to navigate.

BHTB
Good luck on whatever you're stuck on, but here's the dope on new member posting ...

Posting Restrictions For New Members
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline StoogeFan1

I'm trying to find the name of the one where they ended up in a Harem...and of course dressed up as Harem girls!

One of the names they used was...Maha...and the tagline was..."Oh Maha!!!" Prompting the reply..."Ah Ha !!!"

The way they said it was simply hilarious.

I haven't seen it in LOTS of years and would appreciate knowing if anyone can come up with the name of it.

Thanks.

Spread out !

StoogeFan1

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I'm trying to find the name of the one where they ended up in a Harem...and of course dressed up as Harem girls!

WEE WEE MONSIEUR (1938)

One of the names they used was...Maha...and the tagline was..."Oh Maha!!!" Prompting the reply..."Ah Ha !!!"

THREE LITTLE PIRATES (1946)

Offline Landngroove

The 1953, "Pardon My Backfire", is one of my all time favorites. Is this available on VHS, or DVD, with or without other Stooges Shorts ?  ???
"The niece is nice"

Curley91

I really enjoy "Pardon My Backfire" as well.  Unfortunately, it has never been released to video or DVD.  However, I have a decent copy that I taped off TV a couple years back. 

ThumpTheShoes

I have the 3D versions-- both the shutter glasses (if you want to spring for the tv attachment, this is THE best way to see the 3D effect) and the anaglyph (red/blue) versions. Same for Spooks!.

...There was an officially unofficial release of Pardon My Backfire in Region 4, Australia a few years ago. The compilation disc from Magna-Pacific is out of print.

-Thump

Offline boinky_mon

Good evening , ladies and genitals:

I would like to ask-Can anyone name the stoogie short I saw many yrs ago on TV...The boys were carpenters, Larry approaches Moe with a drawer he built(as in chest of drawers), all happy and says "Look Moe , I built a drawer!"...and Moe promptly crashes it over Larrys head!

Thanks in advance Boinky_mon

A rotten egg and boint toast to the first correct reply ;D

Offline boinky_mon

Has Three Stooges.net ever held a vote for the hottest/sexiest female to appear in a stooge short or film?

The niece is nice!- bebebebebebebeeeee

boinky_mon

ThumpTheShoes

I would like to ask-Can anyone name the stoogie short I saw many yrs ago on TV...The boys were carpenters, Larry approaches Moe with a drawer he built(as in chest of drawers), all happy and says "Look Moe , I built a drawer!"...and Moe promptly crashes it over Larrys head!

Sounds like A Snitch in Time:

Larry - [proudly] I finished a drawer!
Moe - [deeply sarcastic] Well, whaddya want me to do, kiss ya?
Larry - [in an expectant tone] Well...
[Moe slaps Larry]

Curley91

Has Three Stooges.net ever held a vote for the hottest/sexiest female to appear in a stooge short or film?

Not as far as I know, but that's a great suggestion!  8)

Offline JazzBill

It would be pretty hard to beat Christine McIntyre. I always thought a poll on the best co-stars would be interesting. But you would have to break it down into levels. Something like a A-list and a B-list. It wouldn't be fair to put Vernon Dent against somene like Eddie Laughton. You would have to have a A-list with people like Vernon Dent , Emil Sitka, Bud Jamison and Christine McIntyre. The B-list would have people like Eddie Laughton, Dudley Dickerson and Phil Van Zandt competing.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

ThumpTheShoes

...hottest/sexiest female to appear in a stooge short or film?

Miss Lapdale, Diana (Theila) Darrin:

Hoo, lordy!

Offline Justin T

It would be pretty hard to beat Christine McIntyre. I always thought a poll on the best co-stars would be interesting. But you would have to break it down into levels. Something like a A-list and a B-list. It wouldn't be fair to put Vernon Dent against somene like Eddie Laughton. You would have to have a A-list with people like Vernon Dent , Emil Sitka, Bud Jamison and Christine McIntyre. The B-list would have people like Eddie Laughton, Dudley Dickerson and Phil Van Zandt competing.

I love Christine myself, she was great. But Thump is correct in how hot Miss Darin was. To quote Shemp "Dish? Yowzer she's a Flying Saucer!"  ;)

I have to agree with Jazz about breaking it down, some of the Stooges regular co-stars were better than others. It wouldnt be fair to compare them. I'm suprised someone hasn't done a poll like that yet.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline JazzBill

Miss Lapdale, Diana (Theila) Darrin:

Hoo, lordy!
I see your points Thump, but I'll still take Christine. She didn't need a push-up bra to make her look good.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

ThumpTheShoes

I see your points Thump, but I'll still take Christine. She didn't need a push-up bra to make her look good.

Christine was the bust singer, but tits Diana that oobies "stands out" as the apples of my eyes. I'm glands we could discuss it, at least for a couple of mulligans, though!

This Austin Powers moment was brought to you by:
Vicodin!

Now, back to The Apple Dumpling Shop, Pedro!

-ThumpTheWhat?

Offline garystooge

I have to agree with Jazz about breaking it down, some of the Stooges regular co-stars were better than others. It wouldnt be fair to compare them. I'm suprised someone hasn't done a poll like that yet.

A few years back at the Stoogeworld website I conducted a supporting players "tournament".  I took 64 supporting players and put them into brackets like the NCAA basketball tournament and then people voted on their favorite from each pairing, with the winners advancing to the next round. I'd be willing to run something like that again here if there was enough interest.
Gary